Bellys to Bumps

Food for today is looking something like this

Lunch - vegetarian burgers (1 syn) on wm roll (hexb) with 2 cheese slices (4.5 syns)
Snack - Large bowl of mixed fruit and yoghurt as lunch will fill me up
Dinner - Cheesy (hexa) bacon, chicken and mushroom pasta with some tomato and cucumber on the side
Snack - special k chewy bar (5 syns) and a yoghurt

I know it doesn't look like much for today, but I skipped breakfast this morning as I just wasn't hungry. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better amount wise

Looks like a good day Emmy. Im having an awful week and i think i have put about 3-4 lbs on :( i dont know whats up with me im just feeling a bit meh!

I am going to try and get back on it today but weigh in tomorrow is gonna be horrible xx

:hugs: Lisa I know what you mean, hope today is a much better day for you

I'm in the process of trying to decide on what to have for lunch. Am thinking about sw doner meat and salad for lunch and then maybe bacon wrapped chicken breast with philadelphia inside it? So today could feasibly be a red day :D I'm actually quite enjoying red and green days, so I might just alternate them to be completely honest and see how that goes :)

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if I posted here before or just lurked!

I have been TTC #1 for quite a long time now and I think I know that could be down to my weight and at the very least, I will need to lose weight to get the correct medical help.

I recently started weight watchers and am trying hard to stay on track and keep reminding myself why it's all for. If nothing else, I would love to be completely fit and healthy for the baby if I finally/grateful/was lucky enough to conceive.

Hi Tink :) I think it's lovie that's on weight watchers, so there's someone on the same plan as you. Good luck on your weight loss and ttc journey. These ladies are fab :)

I seem to have my head screwed on at the moment which I'm chuffed with. I think I'm going to do an extra easy day today

Late breakfast - fruit and yoghurt
Lunch - lasagne (hexa plus 3 syns)
Snack - apple and banana
Dinner - doner meat on 2 wm rolls (hexb + 6 syns) with salad
Snack - special k chewy bar (5 syns) and another banana

Nan lost her battle yesterday so I'm trying very hard not to slip into a comfort eating routine. I think it's finally a relief to know that she's not in pain anymore and that it's not being dragged out for my grandad and aunties. I think it's partly down to her why I have my head screwed on at the moment as I'm determined to make her a great granny, it's just sad that she won't be around to see.

I am so sorry for your loss Emmy :( my thoughts are with you and your family xx

Welcome tink, I follow weight watchers and I love it! I lost 20kg before I got pregnant with my little boy and I've lost about 8.5 kg now, twisters icecream only have 1 point for the mini ones :)

My mum and sister have been visiting this week so I haven't really been sticking to plan.

I have some news, I got a bfp last Thursday, I feel bad that it has been easy for me to get pregnant this time, if I could swap I'd give it to one of you ladies ttc#1.

X

:happydance: oh Lovie that's brilliant news, please, please, please don't feel bad, you have nothing whatsoever to feel bad for :hugs:

It's fantastic news :hugs:

Sorry for your loss Emmy :hugs:

Aw wow lovie thats fantastic news :) :happydance: im hoping its as easy for me when we start trying again. They do say having a baby can kick start your body. Its definitely made me ovulate regularly xx

Sorry for your loss Emmy. :hug:

Ooh wow, congratulations Lovie! That's amazing news.

Awesome work on your weight watchers stuff too!

x

I'm so sorry Emmy :hugs: well done in not falling into bad habits

LOVIE!!! Congratulations beautiful lady! Have you worked out your due date yet? Mid October ish I think. How wonderful for you :dance:

It was one year on Sunday since my last bfp, so we've been ttc again for 6-7 months. I'm still feeling pretty chilled right now. I'm toying with returning to work full time and possibly looking at a promotion. Plus we're saving to buy our house so lots to keep us busy while we wait :)

Thanks so much lovely friends :) I spoke with the midwife today who said it would be ok to continue to loose weight in the next few weeks, I won't be counting my points but I'll try very hard to be sensibily. I dug my notes out and I'm 5kg heavier than I was at the start of the last pregnancy, I'd like to loose a little or stay the same.

I really hope for bfps all round very soon xxx

Lovie you are one of the most kind hearted women that I know and I'm so glad that I started posting in here when I did as I made a wonderful bunch of friends. The same goes for you Pix and Lisa :hugs:

I've been feeling a bit bad as I don't feel like I've been getting anywhere since we first started posting in here all those years ago :blush:

So I've set myself a new target, I want to get to 300lbs or just under and when that happens (if I've not had a bfp in the meantime) we will be going back to the dr to see what we can do to speed things up. If I lose 2lb a week that would mean we go back in September rather than waiting until the new year.

I feel like I should have gone back to the Dr a long time ago, but the embarassment of having my weight yoyo up and down has kept me from it :nope:

I'm sorry you have felt so anxious/embarrassed about seeing the Doctor due to your weight. I can empathise a little, I am afraid to see my Doctor about my fertility because I just feel like she is going to turn around and say that she's not interested until I'm certain weight, despite all my past gynae issues.

I think it's great that you have set yourself a goal and that there is a time limit/goal on it. I find that can be more helpful because if it's just "I need to get to this weight" it can feel like it's going on forever but at least if you are focusing on September time, even though it probably feels forever away, you will know that September IS going to come around.

It seems like you are doing really great and trying your best but I know that none of that makes it any easier each month or even day that goes by when there feels like there is not much hope or change. I love your avatar though, it is very true!xx

Tink, maybe you could set yourself a goal like I have done and when you reach it go to the dr? Or maybe even find another dr? I have to say despite me being embarassed about not having lost the weight, I know if I turned up tomorrow for an appointment she would do anything she could to help. It's mainly a pride thing that's keeping me from going back just yet, as if to say "look I can do it on my own".

My goal is to lose another 30lbs and then go back but I might put try a time limit on it too. Like August or something so I have something to aim for!

I'm glad you have a good GP, that sounds really positive. If I don't get any luck with my current GP's, I might look in to moving surgeries. I had an awesome GP but she recently left so I'm trying to find my feet with somebody new.

How is everybody doing?X

All good here. I'm trying to buy some vests off h&m to take to turkey in june, but I have no idea what their sizes are like :dohh: Or even what slub jersey means (that's the type of vest I'm trying to buy) :wacko:

Soooo, I know this doesn't apply to me at the moment, but I think we've chosen our hospital for when we have a lo :happydance:

I was having a bit of panic last night because if we'd stayed with Carmarthen then we would need to find (at least) £150 for Chris to cover him for a b&b. So, just out of curiosity I had a nosey at the one just down the road from his mum and dad's and it looks amazing :happydance:

Positives about it

• It has 2 theatre rooms on the labour ward in case something should go wrong
  • Some of the labour rooms have a pool as do all of the labour rooms on their midwife led unit
  • It's just 20 minutes down the road from Chris' mum and dad's, which means he can stay there with them rather than booking a hotel (saving us a minimum of £150)
  • We've got the additional support of our families as mine from Stoke could just hop on a bus to the hospital
  • It's the same distance time wise from ours to cheshire as it would have been to Carmarthen as we won't be needing to drive down tiny little back roads
  • Bruce can stay with us right up until the end of pregnancy (mum was going to have him on the nights Chris wasn't on duty in case I went into labour in the middle of the night) and one of Chris' parents can meet us at the hospital to collect him
  • Chris was actually born at this hospital
  • Their website is full of information about birth options, breastfeeding etc
  • And most of all I just feel positive about it, there's something about Carmarthen that didn't sit right with me (really not sure what it was)

The only downside about it is that mum definitely wouldn't be able to come see me, but she said it was highly doubtful she would have done anyway because of the very long drive :nope:

Just done weigh in and I'm 5lbs down and out of the 360s, I'm soooooo chuffed as I've been desparate to get out of the 360s again for ages :yipee: :wohoo:

Next target out of the 350s :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"