Benefit/ Money Advice Please

K

KiansMummy

Hi ive posted this also in work and finance section but more people come in here lol. Im currently on maternity leave but i work for the council in a nursery. Due to the council making cuts of £28million we have all been told our jobs are at risk of redundancy! Im in panic mode now thinking how on earth will i be able to cope if i lose my job, paying for my insurance my car finance and everything else including LO. Im a single mum and currently still living at home with my mum and dad but i was looking for somewere to rent until this came up! Has anyone any idea of what help ill be able to get and maybe what benefits ill be able to claim at the minute all i get is my child benefit and C+W Tax credits Thanks x

I don't know hun but didn't want to r&r

I have you checked out www.entitledto.co.uk? I think that's the address or pop entitled to into google. You may get a better idea?

I ve no idea what benefits you would get but if you look at www.direct.gov.uk website Im sure there is an online form you can fill out to see what benefits your entitled to. Or if you go to the citzens advice they should be able to tell you what your entitled to. Hope you get on ok x

I'm pretty sure you would get income support (around£60 per week) and ctc of £65 per week. Then if you were to move out you would get full rent and council tax paid x

Going by what I have read, you will get income support, full child tax credits and child benifit. I think income support is about 70 a week... so 240pm? (not too sure though), tax credits is around £250p/m but it drops to around 200 when they turn 1. And child benifit is 80p/m. Also you would be intitled to a full housing and council tax benifit. Hope that helps! Hopefully you wont need to worry about that though :hugs:

Well i'm a single mum and when i wasnt working i got:

Income Support £65 (ish) a week
Child tax credits £65 a week
child benefit £20 a week
And then full housing and full council tax.

And it was doable, i lived quite comfortably on that. I mean, i wasnt able to buy nice things all the time or anything, lol, but i didnt struggle. So i'm sure you will be fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->