BFP before cycle returned?

violetchic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a mc on April 7th --- this was only 1 week after my BFP on April 1st, so I was early. I was about 1 week late for AF when I finally got my BFP. Anyway, we didn't try this month, but we didn't prevent pregnancy either and yesterday I got a BFP. Boobs are very sore, tired, etc.

Anyway, I hadn't had a cycle yet and I'm worried that this isn't really a BFP. Here are some more details:
1. my BFP last time was very faint. This one is VERY dark.
2. I had a BFN after I stopped bleeding from the mc (around April 17th).
3. They did blood tests on me before to verify my HcG went below 2.

So, what do you all think? I'm trying not to get excited, especially after last month and all, but this test was so dark and got there so quickly...within 10 seconds. Any advice? I'm calling the dr. today.

Thanks!

I would say its a new pregnancy hun especialy since you got a bfn after you finsihed bleeding congratz!:happydance:

that sounds like a new bfp :)

hx

Thanks, I'm hoping so, but I'm so nervous now. Nothing like last time, when I was just so hopeful and excited...that's the thing about mcs...they sure can minimize your joy, huh? I talked to the nurse and they are going to do a blood test and then repeat it next week...if the levels are going up, then I'm pregnant. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for responding...I haven't been on here this month because I just had to get distance from the whole ttc thing...and we didn't even try this month...no ovulation tests, no symptom spotting, no pregnancy tests (until my boobs got really big and started to ache horribly). Also, I'm nervous because I went back to drinking this month...not a lot, just 2-3 beers a week, so I'm sure it's not a huge thing, but I still feel bad about it.

sounds like a congratulations is in order to me too!! great news Violet

yes, i hear you Vi, its hard to celebrate when you know what can go wrong, but dont worry about a couple of beers a week, its highly unlikely that would have done any harm at all.

Hi, I've got my fingers crossed for you x

It defo sounds like a new BFP

take care :kiss:

xmagsx

Sounds like a new pregnancy to me!! Good luck hunni

xx

My blood test results just came back. They said the levels are >3000, but are sending me to an OBGYN for an ultrasound to determine if this is a new pregnancy or leftovers from the miscarriage. Not sure when that will be...I'll keep you all updated!

Holy smokes those are great numbers hun!!! I got my FX for you !:hugs:

Went to the dr. yesterday. They did an ultrasound and saw the gestational sac, but couldn't see anything in it. Grrr... Nurse pract said that it is a new pregnancy and that it's ok we couldn't see anything because I'm so early. Anyway, cautiously getting more excited...cautiously.

I am so happy for you! Here is wishing you a very H&H 9months.

Vi - 1stly Congrats XX
2ndly - we are all SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.. just hope we are all so lucky next time.

So when will you know for sure then? next week when your levels have risen?

Hi Violet,

Firstly - Big congrats honey!!!:thumbup:

Im going through the same thing at the mo!!

I have recently had my 2nd MC but it was a MMC so i had to have a D&C 4 weeks ago.

Went to the docs on thursday as i thought i might have a water infection (it was all clear) but while I was there i asked them to do a PT so I know my hcg have gone down (havent had af yet).......it was positive!!
It was a faintish line so when I got home i done a CB digi.............this come up Preg 1-2 weeks!!!!!!
I havent really got any symptoms???
The last babys heart stopped at 7 weeks, so all in all its been 10 weeks inc the D&C......Surely the hcg would be out of my systom by now!!!

what do you think?

xxx

Broodybecks, did you have a BFN any time after the mc?
If not, I'd ask for the doc to do bloods and have an ultrasound check-up, just like Violet to make sure everything is fine. It sounds like good news, though!!!

The only reason I would suggest a check-up is that I had my ERPC on the same day as you but I have retained tissue, which is why I still had a positive hpt a couple of days ago. But I have loads of symptoms: I have massive sessions of bleeding and clots every couple of days. I am due to have a repeat D&C next week. It's unlikely that you will have this (since you're not bleeding all over the place), but I am sure your doctor will want to rule it out and the bonus is that, like Vi, you'd get an early scan :D

I hope all goes well with you! It'd be nice to know that someone who went through the same as me on the same day has such a positive outcome already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not, I'd ask for the doc to do bloods and have an ultrasound check-up, just like Violet to make sure everything is fine. It sounds like good news, though!!!

The only reason I would suggest a check-up is that I had my ERPC on the same day as you but I have retained tissue, which is why I still had a positive hpt a couple of days ago. But I have loads of symptoms: I have massive sessions of bleeding and clots every couple of days. I am due to have a repeat D&C next week. It's unlikely that you will have this (since you're not bleeding all over the place), but I am sure your doctor will want to rule it out and the bonus is that, like Vi, you'd get an early scan :D

I hope all goes well with you! It'd be nice to know that someone who went through the same as me on the same day has such a positive outcome already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Hon,

Thanks for your advice hon, i should go to the docs for bloods, Im just fed up with all the Doctors and hospitals!

And im a bit dubious, cant stand the thought of wasting more time and energy worrying just to find out it was my hcg playing tricks on me!! Sorry after 2 MC's its made me a bit negative:growlmad:

I will def do another CB dIgi next week and see if it has gone up to 2-3 week...if so i promise i will go to the docs.
Im looking forward to getting an early scan if i am!! xxx:happydance:

Hi Hon,

Thanks for your advice hon, i should go to the docs for bloods, Im just fed up with all the Doctors and hospitals!

And im a bit dubious, cant stand the thought of wasting more time and energy worrying just to find out it was my hcg playing tricks on me!! Sorry after 2 MC's its made me a bit negative:growlmad:

I will def do another CB dIgi next week and see if it has gone up to 2-3 week...if so i promise i will go to the docs.
Im looking forward to getting an early scan if i am!! xxx:happydance:

Lol, I know that if I was you I couldn't wait a week :dohh:
Hoping for some very good news fxfxfxfx :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe