BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Uhhhmmmmm.....knock knock...remember me??? I haven't been on BnB in awhile because there just haven't been anywhere I've felt at home. I finally came back to check in and find out there's THIS thread!?!? Can I join???

Omg hopeful I'm SO delighted to see you got your bfp!!! Amazing!!!

Part of why I wasn't on BnB for a while too was cause at work the stupid pop ups were driving me insane!!!

How IS everyone!?!?? I see I have 18 pages to catch up on but I just wanted to say hi and make sure it's ok I'm here??????

Welcome Chulie! Congrats on your pregnancy. Are you planning to find out the gender of your baby soon, or are you team :yellow:?

Yay chulie! Def welcome over here! I'm liking this thread, nice to catch up with everyone! Hope you're feeling well!

@chulie Welcome back and it's absolutely amazing that you are here!! :) I've been wondering about you! I think this will be such a great place for all of us to stick together. I have looked at a couple of June threads...and I'd rather talk to you ladies! Plus I think it's nice having people who know the whole story. :) How are you?

Ladies, I know we've lost touch with a lot of ladies from the other thread or they haven't found us yet. If possible, send them over if you talk to them somewhere else. :)

I had my first real bout of nausea today. I've felt some heartburn and a few gross vomit-type-burps :sick: but nothing that didn't pass quickly. However, I had a sudden feeling as though I was going to actually be sick tonight at my husband's parent's house. We haven't told anyone yet! I asked him to get me a piece of bread quickly and luckily it passed without me getting sick! As awful as it was, it was also sort of comforting. :dohh: I hope everyone is doing well!

Yipppeeee!!! I know Hopeful it's just so nice cause we were all together so long!!

Ok first my update:

Baby:
Have my anatomy scan this Friday..so far so good though. Baby is doing so well. Passed our downs tests ect ect so we are on track. We DO want to find out what we're having but we're doing a "gender reveal party" November 10th so I will update you all then!
I'll attach some pics of peanut and my bump so far. Last pic I think I have is at 18 weeks. I'm 19 weeks today!!

Me:
Things have been rough. Now before I say anything...ladies just know that my best friend knew from 12 weeks on her baby was sick..this wasn't some freak thing for any of you to stress about....anyways. My best friend and I both got pregnant close together. She was due in October and me in March. We were so excited and talked about our babies being best friends. We even did this awesome "best friends" maternity shoot together. Her son was born a few weeks ago and due to complications passed away at a day old. Like I said. She knew he was a very sick baby but we just thought with the right care and prayer he'd maybe by some miracle make it. He didn't. To say I'm sad is an understatement. I miss him, my best friend is suffering. Not how I expected my pregnancy to be going.....I love this baby so much and I just hate knowin that it's birth is going to be so hard on her. Your job in life is to keep your best friend FROM hurting and I'll be the worst cause of it. I do have to say she's been amazing though. Constantly telling me not to leave her out. She asks how I'm doing. Asks about baby names and all that. She really is the best human on earth. Even if she's faking. Attending a baby's funeral basically officially can be in my calendar as the worst day of my life. But through it all we try not to dwell on the sadness. We all got to hold him and kiss him and spend 9
Months with him so we focus on the time he was here. We accept she was blessed with a child whose plan was to only be with us a short time. And we'll treasure those moments forever!!!!

So...ok sad stuff over....back to good stuff.

@Melann...don't worry about the GD test. With my first I bombed like a teenager in high school who didn't study for their exam. My dr could not explain it. I had no other symptoms. It's just sucky ass genetics!!! Haha. I'll probably fail with this one too so I'll be right along side you!

We have names!! Avery for a girl..Lucas for a boy.. Very excited about that.

Oh ladies I'm so happy we're all back together. I know we're all at different stages but it's just so cozy over here!!! Hahahah.

Here's peanut at 12 weeks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2
Here's me at 18 weeks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
...and LAST one I swear but just because my dd is so adorable this was her this past weekend at our family thanksgiving...this was her "very concerned" face as we wandered through a corn field behind my aunts place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4
@chulie I'm so sorry for your friend and all of you who knew and loved this baby. :hugs: That's such a horrible thing. I'm glad you are sticking together through the experience though and are there for each other. I know it must be very tough to share certain things because you don't want to hurt her. Remember though that you are not the "worst cause" of her suffering. It was the loss and what happened that hurts her. I'm sure she will think about it and what could have been for all of you, but I think she will still love your baby and it'll probably help her through it too. :hugs:

I'm so excited you get to find out gender soon! I think I like the idea of a gender reveal too!

I like your names and all of those cute photos! :)

Thanks Hopeful! I needed to hear that. ;) I do have to say. Seeing her go through this, it really does show the deep character of a person. I had a "friend" who lost her baby at 20 weeks and a year after that I got pregnant with my first. Any time we spoke she made it a point to tell me how much it hurt to be around me and that it felt like I was "flaunting" my belly...how it wasn't fair I got a healthy baby ect ect. Made me feel awful because I was SO careful around her and never posted on FB just for her and never mentioned my pregnancy so I thought I was trying so hard!! And my best friend goes through this and we're stronger than ever. I guess like any relationship only the strong survive the storm and the weak show the cracks??

Any Whoo. Yes!!! We are so excited about our gender reveal. I have my scan tomorrow and then I'm taking the paper with the gender to my cake lady and giving it straight to her!! (No temptation to look) I've always wanted to do a gender reveal and since this is definitely our last it's now or never!!! Hahaha. This way I feel like if it's a girl I'm not just telling people "it's another girl"...it's still an exciting moment!!!

How's everyone feeling?????

@Chulie, so nice to see you again!! Sorry to hear about your friend, I'm sure she's thankful that she's got a friend like you. I still have a hard time seeing a good friend of mine because his daughter was born less than a week from my first EDD. It's just hard to see how my baby would be looking/behaving, but it hasn't made me like the friend any less, if anything it has made me want to be more supportive. He doesn't know about our loss, but I find myself invested in his little girl. Maybe it's selfish, but for me it helps.

GD test tomorrow, having a complex carb and protein filled lunch today and protein and simple carbs for dinner. LOTS of water, no processed sugar and VERY LOW if any caffeine. I'm always low caffeine <100, but taking it <60mg this morning if I need it. I have a presentation in a couple hours and may need a tiny boost before that because it's VERY gray and rainy here today. Just seems like nap time.
Got my CBC differential results yesterday (they ran it with the 1hr GTT). Doctor didn't call, so I'm assuming he's not concerned, but looking at my numbers it appears I'm borderline anemic. (What can I say, I'm a scientist that loves data). Anyway, being proactive, I had red meat for dinner last night (which I don't do often) and I'm sitting here drinking a smoothie of spinach, mango, ginger, mint and coconut milk (the thin kind you buy by the regular milk). Not too bad honestly.

We want the gender to be a secret till birth but I love some of the gender reveal ideas out there!

Ive been feeling like poo the last few days. My house is for a sure a huge mess :nope: I clean the best I can but then my two tiny tornados come through and mess it up again. I really need to come up with some sort of plan to keep up with everything before it gets out of control. I hope I feel normal again soon!

Welcome back Chulie! Good to hear from you again and that all is going well! I am sorry to hear about your friend..while I am sure it will be difficult for her to be around tour baby, maybe it will also help her heal..having a little one to hold and love on. It is exciting that you will know the gender soon! Do you have any inclination to what they are?

I dunno...I'm leaning to words boy...but honestly have no preference once way or the other. I think things have just been SO different this time around I kinda figure that means a boy....even though I logically know every pregnancy is different. I would be thrilled with another girl though!!!!!!

We want the gender to be a secret till birth but I love some of the gender reveal ideas out there!

Ive been feeling like poo the last few days. My house is for a sure a huge mess :nope: I clean the best I can but then my two tiny tornados come through and mess it up again. I really need to come up with some sort of plan to keep up with everything before it gets out of control. I hope I feel normal again soon!

I didn't start to have energy to clean the house until 14 weeks...and all I have to pick up after is my husband and two dogs! I can't imagine having kids to look after on top of that! I'd never been so consistently exhausted in my life. FX you get your energy back soon.

@Chulie: happy to see you back! And I am so sad to hear your friends' story. That speaks a lot to your friendship that it hasn't torn you apart. I know she must be grateful for your support and presence...try not to give yourself "survivors guilt" (not sure if that applies).

I'm such a failure. Lol I still have yet to catch up with this thread.

Chulie- welcome back! i was wondering about you and glad to see that all has been well :) and thanks for sharing the pic's! your daughter is beautiful.

Imaginary- thanks for sharing you beans pic as well! bean looks so comfy and relaxed :flower:

Raechay/daddiesgift- dont worry ladies my house looks like poop! i have'nt had the energy to cook and clean in weeks! the only things i manage to get done is dishes and laundry and it takes all my strength.

i still dont have much of a bump at this point so no bump pics yet but i did just have my 12 week scan this past tuesday on the 15th. sorry the pics are so blurry my moo moo (my nickname for baby as a kid even now my nickname amongst family is moo) kept moving the whole entire time, just dancing, swirling, and even had hiccups.

it was hard for the doc to get certain pics and measurements and he kept all the good pics for himself to put in my chart and gave me all the blurry ones. haha :haha:

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 8
@chulie I would love to do a gender reveal, but I think we would peek at the scan and then just not tell anyone else until the party. I don't know if we could wait! :) Can we see pictures of the cake or something from the gender reveal? :happydance: You'll have to tell us the differences you've noticed this time if baby is a boy.

@melann13 I think it's cool you can see and analyze your results even before talking to your doctor. :thumbup: That smoothie sounds good. I really want to start drinking more smoothies and green juices. Good luck tomorrow!

@daddiesgift You're getting closer to the second tri! I assume your energy will come back then. A little mess is okay! :thumbup:

@omgbaby :) We've always been a chatty group!

@ALiKO I'm sure seeing baby move and dance around was just as wonderful as getting the photos! Those are beautiful scans! :)

AFM I moved up from 15% complete to 16% complete! :haha: Every percentage counts!

I feel the same way about the house, Daddiesgift. I had a burst of energy and deep cleaned the kitchen a few days ago but laundry is piled up, beds don't get made....oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->