BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I got the flu shot when I was pregnant with my oldest, that year I got the worse flu ever, I had to be hospitalized twice, never got it again.

@kksy9b My main symptoms are increased appetite and fatigue. I have breast/nipple pains off and on and I have felt slightly nauseous a few times. I guess I'm waiting to feel completely sick-I don't want to at all-but it will make me feel better. :dohh: I've had some pulling sensations, which worried me but they usually appear to be from gas :blush: or I assume from growing/stretching/settling. I think I'm starting to notice odors more. Most of the symptoms are not too overblown though. I'm hoping that's okay and that I really start to notice more in the next few weeks. I bet you are feeling flutters or you will soon! That's so exciting!! I think that will be so reassuring and exciting! :)

@daddiesgift I think telling them about quitting birth control, the two periods and spotting could be enough to get them to check. :haha: I hope they give you an earlier scan!

@want2bemommy Thanks! It's definitely somewhat of a relief to see the test line get darker! :) Yay for the growth scan and the good results!!

@magicwhisper I updated your scan date. I know you must be so happy to finally have it scheduled! :flower:

@RaeChay I'm not sure if I will get a flu shot because the one time I did I ended up getting the flu. I know it's probably not because of it and I could get sick any other time I don't get it, but I'm not sure yet. I heard it's supposed to be safe to get the shot and not the spray, right? I'll see what my doctor wants me to do. My plan is going to be to avoid people when I suspect they are sick and wash frequently. (That's what I usually do.) :haha:

want2bemommy- are your twins fraternal? or identical?

raechay- no im not getting a flu shot. i always get horribly sick after them and i don't want to be sick while pregnant. its been years since i got one i can't even remember. and i literally have not been sick in years. not even a sore throat.

scan date finally! 23rd october :happydance:

Congrats. The day before mine :D

Also- I had my growth scan- I'm 27 weeks and baby A is 2lbs 7oz and baby B is 2lbs 12oz!

Congrats. Great results!

You guys getting flu shots?

I get one every year due to asthma and never got flu once. There are pro's and con's to getting it, but I've read that if you get the flu when pregnant there is a chance of premature labour and stillbirth. Not a chance I'm willing to take.

The flu is really bad. I've had it twice in my life, and the second time I was so weak I could barely walk and ended up with a lung infection, and I was a healthy 19 year old at the time. I can't imagine getting that sick while pregnant. Will definitely be getting a flu shot...

They can't vaccinate you against all strains of the flu, that's impossible, but being vaccinated doesn't cause you to get the flu (you can get a few symptoms from the shot but that's all).

My immune system was crap two winters ago when I was pregnant so I'm not assuming that I'll be my normal healthy self this year.

I'd recommend getting a shot BEFORE pregnancy. I'm all for immunizations but not while pregnant. They won't even give a baby a flu vacc till after 6 months old.

That's exactly why it's recommended in pregnancy, to protect yourself and provide group immunity to baby before they can get immunized. Moms dads grandparents etc should all have their shots to give your family the best protection.

I work on a campus of 40,000, so there's no way I'd go without it. I did get sick after it this year, but my DH had been sick the week before, so I probably just got what he had. My parents have both gotten theirs too (they usually do anyway). Winter in WI does a number on your immune system, so throw on top of that the immunosuppression due to pregnancy and I'd be a walking target.

Well I'm for sure skipping it! Never gotten one in pregnancy before and I've managed fine without it.

It looks like we have some ladies turning over to a new week!

@mummy2o Happy 18 weeks! :flower:

@OurLilFlu Happy 21 weeks! :flower:

How's everyone feeling? I'm good. I think I had some actual nausea yesterday morning and before dinner last night. (!!) My breasts have started to hurt more as well. (!!) :dohh:

Does anyone have any Halloween costumes planned? I've seen some cute/funny/bizarre costumes for pregnant ladies. Any plans for pets or kids this year or any ideas for next year? I won't be far in and will not have told many, but I'm considering wrapping toilet paper around my belly to be a "mummy" for pictures with my husband. :)

Yay for symptoms, Hopeful.

Hopefully they will be mild for you!

I've had a good day so far, we got out to get to our play group / I got a workout in. I had raging morning sickness in the middle of it, though and spent ten minutes dry heaving on a bench, ugh. I am thankful, though, that the all day lingering nausea seems to be gone, so if I have to deal with dry heaving at random times it's okay, I am lucky compared to others. I just have to eat no less than every ten minutes.

My daughter is going to be both a bumble bee and a lady bug. I'm insane and couldn't resist buying the lady bug costume on Carters' website, even though I had already found a bumble bee costume on clearance last year. We'll go to a Halloween party with toddlers, then take her to our annual base Halloween party/trunk or treat. I don't have a costume, though. I should do something! :)

I forgot to post, sorry for the double post - congratulations on fraternal twins, want2bemommy. What a wonderful blessing to get two sweet babies at once.

@Hopeful, costume is a great idea. I used to go all out with costumes, DH and I have had some great ones, but no where to really wear it this year. Since I'll be about 30 weeks I kind of wanted a shirt that says "Pumpkin Smuggler" as I feel like the size would be just about right, but hard to warrant $30 for a shirt I'll wear one time. I might just make a DIY verison.

I'm oldest will be Woody and the baby will be Buzz from Toy Story. OH may be batman and ill probably be a witch since its flowy dress and I'm not quite looking pregnant just fat :haha: We always dress up too even before kids as Halloween is a favorite holiday!

Hopeful- the nausea is a great sign! I always took a lot of comfort when I was nauceous...felt like things were progressing like they should! Mine kicked in around 5 weeks or so as well.

I've never really been into dressing up for Halloween...even when I was a kid I preferred to pass out candy. My DH and I always carve pumpkins watch the first harry potter and hand candy out...it's a great, low key, tradition for us!

@KatyW I'm glad you made it out of the house and was able to do some things today! Those are both super cute costumes! You should do a costume! Any ideas? :)

@melann13 That sounds cute! I'd love to see it if you make it! :) I won't wear the toilet paper for long or to anywhere, but I've always liked the idea of "mummy" and I don't know if I'll be pregnant on another Halloween so we just might do it for a picture. :haha:

@daddiesgift I think they will be so cute as Woody and Buzz! That's a neat idea! :)

@kksy9b I love to carve pumpkins. :) I always love looking at people's designs. Some of them are so intricate. Was your nausea off and on at the beginning? I don't always feel it, but I assume that's okay for now.

I've been looking at lots of announcements that deal with Halloween because we plan to announce to parents near then, although I'm not sure we will make it Halloween related. I'm attaching a couple of neat ones below. There was another of one pumpkin that looked as though it was giving birth to a smaller pumpkin. It's neat, but maybe a little creepy. :haha:

https://0.tqn.com/h/pregnancy/1/H/r/3/4/twinpumpkinpregnancyannouncement.jpg
https://blog.oilostudio.com/image.axd?picture=2012%2F10%2FStork+Pumpkin+1+-+Copy.JPG
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=ax_gn-c-zmaj2M&tbnid=DCnhT-jCfp96OM:&ved=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpregnancy.about.com%2Fb%2F2012%2F10%2F30%2Fhalloween-pregnancy-announcements-3.htm&ei=IdVYUo78JaqsiAL4_4Aw&bvm=bv.53899372,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNEVBdSGcqtBVayWdmz5l1zKNzWtpw&ust=1381639841989743

Hopeful- it was off an on again until about 6 weeks, then it was mostly just at night for a week. Around 7 weeks it kicked into all day every day nausea (so incredibly thankful that I was never sick). I learned to always have a light snack on hand and that seemed to help. It stuck around like that until around 11 weeks before it went back to on and off again. Now at 15 weeks, I just get it every once in awhile or if I take my prenatal too early in the evening (the iron is brutal for me).

I really like the pumpkin ideas! Especially the one with the little pumpkins inside the bigger one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->