BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Those are great pumpkin idea's. And thanks for my new week. It really seems like time is flying. Just under 2 weeks until scan and 6 weeks until V-day.

Watched a TV program about someone going into labour at 27 weeks so I bet she was scared :( I can't imagine that happening to me. I suspect I'll go to just over 42 weeks with this one is anything like its brother. I am so tempted to but her/she all the time as I swear its a girl.

We don't really celebrate Halloween in England, not like what you guys do and our area is so dodgy. We're not sure if our neighbours are dealers or not its that bad. So we will be staying in with DS, but how our flat is we don't get many trick or treaters either. So I think DS and I will just watch something a kids scary film (he loves them and finds them funny) and OH wants to carve a pumpkin so we'll do that. Then go to grandma's the day after so DS can have any left over chocolate at her house. She always buys too much!

@kksy9b I've had a couple bouts off and on again right before I go to sleep, but it's only been for a couple minutes. I really don't want to feel bad; I just want a little comfort. :haha: Iron is rough on me too.

@mummy2o Do you find out the gender at the next scan? That's so exciting! :happydance: Has there been anything different this time to make you think girl? I don't think I'll take my kids to random places when we go trick or treating in the future. I plan to go to grandparent's homes. I think carving pumpkins, dressing up, and watching movies will be great for us! Halloween time is always nice because of all the leftover chocolate! :haha:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

Failed the one hour GTT by a single freaking point. Scheduled for the three hour for next Friday, but have gotten VERY conflicting info about how to prepare. I know I have to fast for the 12 hours prior (doesn't that sound lovely for someone starting third tri? Don't eat for 12 hours, then drink this crap, then sit for 3.5 hours still without eating and only drinking more crap) I felt sick after the one hour, so I'm NOT looking forward to this. I could've sworn that the nurse that gave me the bad news on Friday told me to carbo load for the few days before, but other pregnant women I've talked to said you're supposed to avoid carbs for the day before...
My nurse told me that I should have a handout at home with the details, but I just got home after a lovely babymoon with DH (which of course I CRIED the entire way to because the nurse called to tell me about the test result) and I don't see a handout in any of my other literature about how to prepare for the test. I'll call them in the morning, but I was really hoping to start whatever I need to do tomorrow first thing because I DO NOT want to fail this one!

11 weeks today and I'm starting to feel better most days. I can't wait for this first tri to be over. One week from tomorrow I finally get to see my dr and hear the heartbeat. Can't wait!!!

Hey melann! I failed my 1 hr gtt when I pregnant with my dd by just a few points too. I did nothing special to prepare for my 3 hr. Try to schedule it first thing in the morning so the fasting is easier. I didn't get near as nauseous for the 3 hr as I did with the 1 hr and I passed with flying colors! Good luck!

I love following u guys! Can't wait to see some scans!

@imaginary8x Yay! That's so exciting! Let us know how it goes. Will you get a picture? :flower:

@melann13 I'm sorry. :hugs: I am not sure what the best procedure is for that. I'll try to see if I can find something online. I hope it all gets sorted. I can't imagine having to wait to eat that long. :hugs: Can you schedule it for first thing in the morning?

@stargazer0726 Happy 11 weeks! I bet you can't wait to hear the heartbeat!! :happydance: That's so exciting!

@burgbrandy That's good advice! :flower:

Melann13- Sorry about the gtt. I don't know if your practice would have this option but declined the orange crap and asked if they had any other alternatives. They gave me a meal plan to follow that contained the same amount of sugar, bread, cereal and juice basically. Hope it goes ok for you.

Sorry you have to take another test, Melann. I had to take the 3 hour and scheduled it in the morning, first thing. I had a snack right before the 12 hour cutoff. I didn't get any directions other than that. It was absolutely fine, not nearly as bad as I thought. I put the glucose drink in the fridge and brought it with me (although I'm not sure how things work with your doctor), and then I drank it out of a glass. It wasn't that bad.

I think we just get the 3 hour test in the UK. I know I have to have one due to not loosing weight, but my only concern is I'm not a big fan of energy drinks. So I'll see what alternatives I can have when the time comes. I'm not a fan of energy pills either to be fair. I think my body must make enough and is happy if it, otherwise I'd like it.

Thanks everybody. I've read up on it quite a bit and called this morning to get the rest of the info. They don't have it in digital form (what year is this?) so DH will stop by and get it later (he works across the street from my doc). From what I understand, the first one may have been effected by the small amount of caffeine or the sugar in the chai I had that morning. Also, since I haven't drank soda in years and don't generally eat candy etc, my body may have just not been prepared to deal with that sort of intense sugar intake. The carb loading (mostly complex carbs) is supposed to help you step up your insulin production in preparation for the test to show that your body can do it. Planning to be more careful with my sugar this week no chai lattes :( and make sure to eat complex carbs multiple times a day (they suggest 10 servings!). I am also going for brisk walks after every meal because I was told that can also get your body to digest sugars after. I'm not trying to fool the test, obviously if I have GD I should know, but I don't want to fail just because my body hasn't practiced that kind of sugar challange, that seems like it'd punish people who are eating well. Apparently low carb dieters always fail. I'm not low carb at all, but I have definitely tried to replace some typical carb-full snacks with fruits or veggies while pregnant.

It sounds like you are doing a great job eating healthily already - hopefully you will have no issues with your test tomorrow. I know a lot of people who have "failed" the first and been fine on the second test. I've also had friends with GD diagnoses who did just fine too and just had to tweak diet/ check blood sugars.

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/emmwason/56311672-3326-4C69-9ED4-E63A5F3A38EF-1773-0000018E5D4B098E_zpsd7b67fab.jpg

12 week scan from yesterday. :)

Awww. Very nice scan picture, Imaginary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"