BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

melann13 did you make that smoothie yourself? I love smoothies but can't drink shop brought ones due to most containing banana and I'm allergic to it. As for the one you made I will have to try in after this pregnancy ends as OH is allergic to nuts so the means no coconut :( Its been highly annoying not being able to have nuts as my favourite cake is coffee and walnut and been craving big bags on honey roasted peanuts.

Anyway only 21 weeks to go. 6 days until we find out the gender and if anything is wrong. Getting excited now :)

Hopeful I KNOW!! Lol it makes it so hard to catch up because there is always like 2 new pages!! Lol
& recently my phone doesn't take me right to where I stopped so I have to search. Lol

@mummy2o Happy 19 weeks! :) The countdown is on!! I'm sure you are so excited for the scan! Do you know how you'll announce it to others yet?

@omgbaby I hate when it doesn't take me to the new posts. Do you have the "view first unread" thing in the top left corner of the thread? That usually works for me except on a couple journals I read. I hope it helps! :)

@mummy2o. Is your due date march 14th??? We are the exact same days pregnant!! Lmao.

Today's my anatomy scan! So excited!!!! I hope they can detect gender!!!! We won't be finding out until the 10th of November but I just want to make sure there is a gender to reveal!!! Lmao!!

Praying for a happy and healthy u/s and baby is good :)

@mummy2o- I did make it myself. It think it's called "Popeye went to Thailand" I found it online. 1 cup spinach, 1 cup frozen mango, 1Tbsp mint leaves, 1 tsp fresh ginger, 1/2 cup light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water. I use the Silk brand coconut milk by the regular milk which is only 80 calories per serving and has lots of iron, so I just used 1cup of that and no water. I think the recipe is referring to the canned kind in the Asian food aisle which is thicker.
https://www.eatliverun.com/the-ultimate-spinach-smoothie-popeye-went-on-vacation-to-thailand/
It's good for folate and iron which is why I went for it.

I passed! I passed! And not by slim margins. Here are my levels and the reference ranges.
Fasting: 76 (<95)
1hr: 127 (<180)
2hr: 131 (<153)
3hr: 112 (<140)

@melann..wahoooooo!!!!! Omg congrats!!!!!

Hey ladies. Had my scan. Everything went amazing. They would NOT tell me what it is (I assumed that) but they were able to tell gender. So party is still a go! Hahaha. It was kinda neat. The first technician it was her first day. So after she was done. Her boss came in...the diagnostician to runs the place and she went over all her pictures and they made me their guinea pig. So I got to sit there and watch baby while they reviewed all kinda of stuff. She also got immaculate photos because....she's the one who reviews them!! I got to hear them talk about my baby and it's heart and the chambers and how "perfect" things were....it was awesome!!!!!! We got to see baby waving and rubbing its eyes..it was a beautiful sight!

So I go Thursday to my dr to find out the gender and then I'm taking that straight to the cake place....I feel like that drive from the dr to cake place will be torture!!! Lmao. That paper will burn my fingers!!!

Here is perfect Baby Z!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
@Chulie, that's amazing!! Doesn't it feel like a HUGE weight off your shoulders? I also loved hearing the tech talk about how perfect everything was. I don't know how much they think about each word they choose, but us prego people hang on to their words like lifelines.

Oh! And for anyone who hasn't taken the 1hr glucose test yet, the lab tech told me that while I wasn't given any diet directions for the 1hr test, they used to have people fast for 2-3 hours before and ever since they quit that they get a lot more positives. You can still eat before, but avoid carbs and any caffeine (even the little bit we're allowed to drink) just for those couple hours as it can artificially elevate your numbers.

Thanks for the tip! I have mine in 10 days.

Congrats melann13, that must be a huge relief!

@chulie, really great scan picture. The gender reveal sounds really exciting too. It seems like a nice way to still have a big "surprise" even if you don't want to wait until the birth to find out. Most of my friends that have been team yellow said that was the reason they decided to wait.

I'm still not sure what we will do. Maybe if OH stays adamant about wanting to know the gender we could do some kind of more intimate "reveal" for just the two of us. As much fun as a party sounds, so far I've just been feeling really private and introverted about pregnancy and I wouldn't be comfortable with sharing a moment like that with a lot of people. :blush:

Maybe it will change once I get out of this first trimester. I've had a lot of all-day sickness, made worse by low blood pressure and (TMI) loose stools when I can keep food down. So far I've been able to keep myself hydrated so it's OK and safe for baby, just uncomfortable for me. :sick: :shrug:

@Tangerine I really hope it gets better for you. I had a really awful 1st trimester with constant nausea and had the runs SO bad!! It's better now. I still throw up every morning but the nausea goes away right after. The runs still come and go every now and then....but the 1st trimester was by far the worst!! I'm so sorry girl

Yeah our party is just my family and dh's family. But with 2 sets of parents, 3 siblings on each side plus spouses and a bunch of kids. That immediate family is like 20 people! Oie. Hahahaha.

I've also been having loose stools after every meal! Other pregnancies I was really constipated.

Seriously, my doctor and pharmacist were both warning me to watch out for constipation since I also take pain medication (percocet) that can have that effect. I so wasn't expecting to have the opposite problem. :wacko: It's awful that others have been suffering with it too, but good to hear I'm not alone.

I had the loose stool problem at the beginning, but not for awhile now.
@Chulie, so sorry you're still vomiting at 19 weeks! I get the occasional bout of nausea, but haven't thrown up since first tri.

Congratulations on passing melann! That must be a big relief!

That's wonderful that you got to watch your LO and hear how well they are doing! I'm sure that is a wonderful feeling! Hopefully the time goes by quickly for you until you find out if it's a little boy or girl!

AFM, what a blessed couple days it has been! I have been feeling early movements for the last week and a half or two but nothing consistent or too definitive. Yesterday though I started feeling the first strong kicks! Not anything you can feel from the outside, but it is absolutely surreal to now feel this little one that i have prayed for and hoped for. I felt kicks twice yesterday and a couple times today so they must be active in there! Looking forward to when it is more consistent and strong enough that my DH can feel them too!

@chulie :happydance: That's a beautiful scan. You can really see baby's face! I'm glad you had such a good scan and got to hear such great compliments about baby! :happydance: I wouldn't be able to resist that envelope! :haha:

@melann13 I may try that smoothie. I'm so glad you passed and you don't have to worry about it anymore. :thumbup:

@Ameli Good luck on the one hour test! :thumbup: I'll be asking you ladies lots of questions and advice for future appointments.

@Tangerine I hope you feel better soon! I'm glad that it's okay and safe for baby though. You could still do a gender reveal cake or treat, but just share it with your OH. I think if I do a gender reveal I will have to know ahead of time and then tell everyone else at the reveal. We still haven't told anyone we're pregnant yet. It feels nice to have a secret. :thumbup:

@kksy9b That's wonderful. I think feeling baby move will be so special and so reassuring. Congrats on that movement. I hope your husband gets to feel baby soon. :)

AFM I'm the opposite of some of you ladies so far. I did have loose stools a couple of times, but I've been constipated lately. :dohh: I also displayed another symptom this morning. I burst out crying this morning after thinking about when I'll have my appointment and what all they will do. This was laced with laughing too because I think I knew I was overreacting. My husband did his best to comfort me. :blush:

Melann, I'm glad you passed! Yay

Chulie, cute scan photo. Can't wait to hear whether you are having a boy or girl :)

Ladies who are sick - hope you feel better and hang in there. Still dry heaving in the morning until I get a huge amount of food in my stomach.

I have been constipated this pregnancy, which I guess is normal this time. I don't remember any at all with DS. Then again his pregnancy was a walk in the park.

Chulie: Yup we're due the same day :) I'm going to bet though you'll give birth before me, DS was really late. Good scan pics also. Your gender party is the day after my birthday and two days after OH's birthday. Be busy weekends for us :)

Hopeful: We rarely have gender parties in the UK so will probably just tell people on facebook after we see our parents, and go to a family party next weekend.

AFM DS was up half the night for whatever reason. I'm so tired now :( Also I had so ice cream which has nuts in it and due to OH allergy I'm not suppose to have nuts so now I'm worried. The only plus side whilst I was up with DS at 4am baby also felt like have a wiggle so not sure who was being more annoying at that point as all I wanted was my bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->