BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I contemplated getting a Doppler but ended up not. I know myself and while I know it will awesome to hear baby's heartbeat and have that reassurance everything is ok I know if I couldn't hear it one day I would totally freak.

12 weeks today!!! I can't believe I'm almost a third done with my pregnancy. I have my 12 week dr appointment tomorrow!! I can't wait to (hopefully) hear the little heartbeat it will bring me much relief and happiness.

Hi ladies!

@kwaggy...do not fret. Mine was doing the same. The bigger babies get they move around so much..it's so hard to get them to sit still to get a heartbeat read. I'm 19 weeks and mine actually had the exact same pattern. With the pause in the middle after a couple of beats. Not only that, add they're stronger now so they kick the machine, wiggle, they're just general buggers. Hahahaha.

@tangerine...I'm so sorry. People can be so awful sometimes. :(

@hopeful...just remember....the more off balance you feel emotionally...it means that baby is obviously sticking around and seriously screwing with your hormones. So that's actually a good thing. Hahaha. That's what I used to tell myself?

I can entertain you ladies with a story from my last pregnancy. I really wanted Pitas for dinner. Dh brought them home and as I started exitedly eating mine...it somehow completely fell apart. As the pita fell apart...so did I. Hahahaha. I ran upstairs bawling my eyes out (no joke!) because I just couldn't do anything right. Lovely dh re-made my pita, sweetly came upstairs and dragged me back down to finish dinner. Meanwhile I'm sure all he wanted to do was laugh and call me "bat sh!t crazy" hahahaha. But he didn't. He was very sweet. To this day we still joke about "the pita incident". Even this pregnancy he's like "ya I mean but it's not 'Pita' bad" hahahaha. Happy Monday ladies!!! This Friday I'll be exactly 1/2 way through my pregnancy. Man time flies!!!

quick update, entered into the 14th week and stomach starting to feel weighty when i lay on my side if that makes any sense. :haha:

Ive never really gone by the heart beat, just if I heard it beating on the doppler. They arent medical grade so if its off by a few beats thats why. Ive never not found babies heart beat on a doppler besides when it was too early. After you find it you can find it every time after that! I use them a lot in the early days then when baby gets to moving if I havent felt anything in awhile Ill get the doppler out to make sure. Some babies have days where they are awake all day then the next day they spend it sleeping and not moving so it can be scary. Having a doppler helps! I love ours. Weve always used the sonoline B one.

5 DAYS till my FIRST midwife appointment. :dance:

I also have the sonoline and even here at 28 weeks I got it out yesterday because I didn't feel like she was moving much and I was getting anxious. Course then last night she was making my whole belly move from side to side and I felt stupid for getting worried, but the dopplar gave me a little relief. I didn't try to use it til after I'd seen the doctor use it around 10 weeks so that I'd know where to check and what to look for. I find it actually a little harder now because I'll find it and then she moves and it's gone.
I feel like this happens about once a week where I get panicky feeling like baby hasn't been moving a ton, but it seems to be around the same time my belly is achy, so I think it's just growth spurts and then there'll be a couple days where it's super distracting how much she's moving!

Had my 12 week appointment today. I didn't know I would get an ultrasound... So exciting!!!! Baby looked great hb was 167 and it was moving and kicking like crazy. Right when she put the prob in... It was a picture of the bottom, legs and a little something sticking out.. We asked what she thought it was and she said its hard to tell, could be a penis or the umbilical cord. She went along with the scan and then at the end have us that same view and it looked the exact same. Dr said she thinks it's a boy. So I came home and went online and all sorts of websites say you can't tell the gender at 12 weeks and that they all look exactly the same at this stage... Now I'm so confused...

@daddiesgift I don't use an official Facebook because I wouldn't want to see everything everyone has to say! I have one, but only use it occasionally to look at who I want and never post myself. :haha: I say delete away! I'm sure you are so excited for your appointment!

@Kwaggy & @melann13 I imagine the Doppler is an amazing thing to have during the weeks when you can't feel baby and when you're waiting for scans. I've thought of buying one soon. I'm sorry you both had trouble with yours. I think all is fine. Take a break from it and just feel for baby movements for a while. I hope January gets here quickly so you both can have your babies...and the rest of us would be a little farther along too. :blush: :haha:

@magicwhisper I hope you feel better soon! Morning sickness is really getting you! :hugs:

@stargazer0726 Happy 12 weeks!! Yay for the ultrasound! I'm not sure about seeing gender at this point!? :shrug: I'll look into it. I've heard some people find out earlier than others. I'm glad that baby is doing well!

@chulie I love and appreciate every symptom! :haha: I totally understand the pita story! You're almost 1/2 way through!!! That's so exciting! That does seem quick. I hope my time flies too! I don't want to rush the experience. I just want baby to be here safely so I know it's finally okay. I know I'll still worry about other things, but we know it's not the same! :)

@ALiKO :) Are you going to get a pregnancy pillow?

AFM We are debating when to tell parents. We are not sure if we want to go to first appointment and see/hear heartbeat and then tell or tell and then confirm after appointment. I'm 6 weeks, 6 days now (Tuesday). I'm still temping and testing occasionally. My temp was high on Friday and my Wal-Mart .88 test was super dark on Monday!! It feels more real as the time passes, but I can't wait for the scan and heartbeat!

17 weeks! Gender scan in just a couple more weeks! My DH is in New York for work for a few days. He called when he got in and was asking how baby was doing. I love how engaged he is, even though he doesn't get to really be a part of things yet. I picked a good one :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Chulie - your pita story made me chuckle... ah the wonderful pregnancy hormones and the patient men who have to deal with them :) lol

17 weeks! Gender scan in just a couple more weeks! My DH is in New York for work for a few days. He called when he got in and was asking how baby was doing. I love how engaged he is, even though he doesn't get to really be a part of things yet. I picked a good one :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Chulie - your pita story made me chuckle... ah the wonderful pregnancy hormones and the patient men who have to deal with them :) lol

Happy 17 weeks!! :happydance::happydance: A good man does make it better!
Any guesses for gender yet or any hopes?

I'm sorry for the negativity this morning, but I am really sick of my OH. All he's done for the last week is moan about every little thing DS or I do. I'm normally tolerant of his crap he has throws my way, but this morning I woke and he started saying if I get up at 7am no wonder I need a nap in the day. For the last week I've been feeling fine and I think I'm suffering from insomnia now as I'm not going to bed until 2am with no naps! He thinks I shouldn't need naps when pregnant especially since I hit 2nd trimester as apparently you stop being sick, want sex and everything else. I'm sick and tired of explaining that every pregnancy is different and what half of the things some of you guys go through I might never get. Its like we went to DTD the dead yesterday and I got really bad heartburn shortly after I lay down and he decided I must be faking it. I was faking it I wouldn't be in so much god damn pain. He spent the whole weekend moaning at my son, (my son lives with my parents during the week due to schooling and sees his dad and me on alternate weekends so its not like we even get him all the time) so he had a couple of accidents toilet wise. First was my fault as I didn't take him before he left OH dad's house and what was suppose to be a quick trip to the shop took half an hour and then the next was because he can't undo his trousers and has to pull them down, and if they are tight he couldn't do it on time. Then he had a nightmare Friday night so was up half the night and OH was just moaning about that, so I suggested leaving the light on so DS could go to sleep but noooo that would disturb OH's sleep to much. And then he was cross with him on Saturday night as he was over tired at bedtime due to missing 3 hours of sleep. He shouted at my son, which I've told him not to do as DS is scared of people shouting but just talk sternly with him does the trick, so I then had to spend another hour calming DS down enough so he would go to sleep! Don't get me wrong he did take him for a walk Saturday so I got an hour of me time, which I enjoyed but again that was more because he wanted to pick something up rather than just taking him out. I'm seriously getting to the point to decide if I actually want to raise this baby with him. He's slowly crushing any hopes and dreams I want to do/have and its slowly knocking my confidence. We are suppose to be moving at the end of the year/beginning of next then, I need to decided if I want to be with him by then. The more and more he's an idiot about things the more I want to say no. Then again I don't want to rush a hasty decisions as it could be all in my head with pregnancy hormones.

Happy 17 weeks!! :happydance::happydance: A good man does make it better!
Any guesses for gender yet or any hopes?

Thanks!! I think its a girl..DH thinks boy. Pretty much everyone else has cast their vote for girl except our nephews who all say boy. Honestly though it doesn't matter two cents to me as long as they are healthy! My husband has a genetic heart condition that they will be tested for right after birth. Our hopes are all in that it comes back negative. Otherwise boy or girl..doesn't matter to us! (But I still think its a girl ;))

@ mummy- sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. I hope you are able to work everything out with your OH and get things settled before baby comes. :hugs:

Mummy20 - I am sorry you are dealing with this right now, you don't need this kind of stress. My two cents would be to sit down and talk to your OH about how upset you are about these things as calmly as possible. I hope that he will listen well and you are able to work things out.

@mummy2o I'm so sorry your going through this...has he always been this way?? Or just getting worse in pregnancy?? I know it's so hard because you know it could be part of your hormones but at the same time doesn't really seem like he's making the effort to make things better. I agree with the ladies. Sometime every now and then we need a sit down to just say "I love you but this is how I feel"...maybe get things back on track?

@kksy...it's funny. My sister and sister in law are convinced boy. Now I'm starting to think it is too but not sure if it's just them influencing me! Hahahaha.

So sorry mommy2o. I'd just sit down and get it all out there and tell him you feel like leaving him when he acts like this. Is he like this not in pregnancy? That would help me decide as well. I'm all for two parents staying together for child but it needs to be two happy people and If either aren't happy than that itself will take its toll on a child.

@mummy2o :hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with him. I know pregnancy can make us hormonal, but I know sometimes just the way men can act can also drive us crazy. :hugs: I agree that you should have a talk with him where you tell him how much you care about him and also how the way he acts with your son and you bothers you sometimes. I really hope it works out for the best for you and your kids.

@kksy9b I totally agree that healthy is the most important thing. We want one of each so it's up in the air for us. We do need a boy eventually to pass on the family name though. :)

@KatyW Happy 10 weeks! :happydance:

@daddiesgift Happy 9 weeks! :happydance:

Happy 12 weeks, Magic whisper :). Enjoy your scan.

So happy to be in the double digits over here and in the last month of the first tri...I've got to say though that most people (friends and family) in my life already know our big news. :) I was going to wait but then realized that I didn't want to keep the secret (plus skipping things I usually do might worry some friends).

scan went well :thumbup:

we saw the heartbeat straight away :D baby is measured at 11+1 though so i must of ovulated a week later :shrug: they couldn't do the checks that they do at the scan (except for the heartbeat) because the baby was a tiny bit too small so we are back there on the 6th to see baby again :happydance:

our scan picture and soon to be announcement picture

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Announcement.jpg
    Announcement.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
Love the announcement picture magicwhisper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->