BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Hopeful Im patiently waiting your appointment update! Fingers crossed everything is great!! :hugs:

Good luck today Hopeful!!!!! Can't wait to hear!

Yeah I hate telling people about my ms because I don't want to scare people. With DD i had it until 7 1/2 months...this time...I "think" it has just stopped? I haven't thrown up the last 3 mornings...but it has been known to take a vacation for a day or two and come back...so I'm just enjoying the break if that's all it is....but I pray it's over!!!

@daddygift...I was JUST saying this to DH....all those 3rd trimester aches and whatnot are coming a lot sooner!!!! I've had my leg go numb a couple times now...bad BAD back pain some nights....I've still got 4 months go!!!!! hahahaha.....Oh boy I'm in trouble.......

Happy Friday Ladies!!!!!!!!

OH AND...get this...got an email from our facilities group today...apparently the bathroom on our floor is out of service for maintenance...so we have to go one floor up or one floor down....ya know what....for a pregnant chick..when you suddenly have to "go"....that is just SOOOO not cool!!!! I'm gonna spend 1/2 my day climbing stairs.....thanks a lot JERKS!!!!!!!!!!

@Chulie, haha. Sucks about the bathroom. I have a similar situation, I work in a very old university building that originally didn't have women's bathrooms since there were no women... so the bathroom directly across from our lab is unisex. There's a sign on the door, when you go in, you turn on the light and flip the sign to women. When you leave, you turn the light off. So when I go to use it and the light is on and the sign says men, I wait. and I wait, and wait. Sometimes it's on for ages and I finally bang on the door and ask if anyone is ACTUALLY in there or if some dimwit just didn't turn the light off. What really irks me is the men who really ARE in there for an hour. There is a men's restroom on the other end of the hall. If you're gonna be in there THAT long, please use the one that's just for you!
AHHH! Rant over.

@Chulie, haha. Sucks about the bathroom. I have a similar situation, I work in a very old university building that originally didn't have women's bathrooms since there were no women... so the bathroom directly across from our lab is unisex. There's a sign on the door, when you go in, you turn on the light and flip the sign to women. When you leave, you turn the light off. So when I go to use it and the light is on and the sign says men, I wait. and I wait, and wait. Sometimes it's on for ages and I finally bang on the door and ask if anyone is ACTUALLY in there or if some dimwit just didn't turn the light off. What really irks me is the men who really ARE in there for an hour. There is a men's restroom on the other end of the hall. If you're gonna be in there THAT long, please use the one that's just for you!
AHHH! Rant over.

Wow, that's ridiculous!!
If I were you, I would take to using the "men's only" bathroom. And they could all stuff it.
Of course, I've never had any scruples towards switching to the men's room if I'm waiting in line for women's when some lady is taking ages (as long as it's private or closed stalls, I might add).
Not to mention, but if there's a men's room down the hall, wouldn't it follow that the unisex bathroom be made a women's room? Sounds like a women's rights issue for the university.

Excited to hear about your appt hopeful :)

Good luck at your appointment hopeful.

Chulie that's horrible that your toilets are out of services. And Melann13 maybe you could ask for the unisex ones to be changed to women's one. It would make more sense. But then if its a board of men managing anything then they generally don't see common sense like women. Not saying its all men, but the majority make none whatsoever. They'd probably say they need two in case every man in the department needs the loo at the same time.

AFM DS is going from strength to strength. Today he said I love you mummy all by himself. I've waited 6 and a half years for this!!!! I'm so happy right now as I honestly didn't think this day would come until much later.

Congrats mummy2o, that's awesome!

The bathroom thing has always just been funny to everyone up here. The two closest professors to the bathroom are both women and there's a lot of women in this hallway. I will say that the men's bathroom is WAY down the hall. I have been told though that the women's bathroom 1 floor down (my office is right by the stairs anyway) actually had a lactation room put in in the recent past and it's supposedly really nice. I have my own office, so I wasn't too worried about it, but I may check it out to see if it's a nice place for pregnant naps :) I have a pillow in my desk drawer (because who doesn't?) but the bump is too big for me to just fold over and put my head on my desk.

Mummy2o that is wonderful!!!!! What a sweetheart!!

I survived the day of using tr stairs. I drink A LOT of water so I also made sure to cut back a bit just for today. Hahaaa.

@melann13 Thanks! I appreciate that so much. :friends: I'd hate waiting to use the restroom if someone wasn't even in there. Using the restroom in public or even at work is so stressful sometimes.

@daddiesgift Thanks so much! :)

@chulie Thanks! I really hope your morning sickness is gone for good this time. :hugs: I feel so bad for those who have it so long. Oh no! Can you ride an elevator at all? I can't imagine doing that all day especially if that morning sickness happens at work. I hope they get it fixed soon. :hugs:

@RaeChay Thanks! :) I totally agree they should make it a ladies only since the men already have one or they should make the other unisex too.

@mummy2o Thanks! :) I'm so happy that your son said that to you. I know it's so hard when they can't express themselves because of my niece and it's so special when they do. I've wished for years that she would be able to even say a few words. That's so amazing. I hope he continues. :)

AFM First, I have excellent news. Baby is there, measuring perfectly, with a strong heartbeat, and we couldn't be happier. We ended up only having the ultrasound today instead of all the blood work. (I say "only" but isn't that really the only thing we want usually. :winkwink: ) I'll go back next week for the rest of the appointment. I have been so worried about what they would do "down there" and if baby would be there. They did give me a transvaginal ultrasound, which would not be my best choice as it's a bit painful, she put it in a little too quick for my liking, and I'm sore now. BUT!! It's worth it to see baby. We were able to hear and see the heartbeat. She said everything looks good and perfect for my dates. I'm sending huge thanks to you all for all the well wishes and comfort as I've been so worried. :hugs: We have a picture that I'll share soon. We also saw baby moving arms around as though it was doing this :happydance: just much slower and more baby-like. Crown Rump Length: 3.3 cm / Heartbeat 162 bpm

they could see from a external ultrasound at 11 weeks so i am suprised they did it that was bit i am very happy baby is happy :happydance:

they could see from a external ultrasound at 11 weeks so i am suprised they did it that was bit i am very happy baby is happy :happydance:

Thanks! They said they always like to do transvaginal at the first appointment there. :dohh: I hope it's abdominal from here on out.

They always get the best shot vaginally! I'm so happy everything is well!! I giggled to "baby is there" :winkwink: I hope its more real for you now! It's hard to believe you're even pregnant when you've never heard, seen or felt baby. Can't wait to see pic

So happy for you hopeful! If you ever need a TV US again, I definitely suggest asking to put it in yourself. It's still uncomfortable, but at least it's not surprising. Regardless, I'm so glad it went well. If you have a little spotting, don't panic as the TV US can do that. 10 weeks already! 1st tri will be over before you know it!

Also, AFM, I've never been really close with anyone who is pregnant, so I had never felt a baby kick. It's SOOO crazy that not only can I feel her little butt pushing and kicks and hiccups, but tonight she's moving so much, and on such a grand scale that DH and I just sat and watched my belly morph shapes for awhile. Hoping she stay head down as I'm actually more afraid of version (turning the baby) than birth. I've heard it's horrid.

@daddiesgift "Baby is there!" :haha: Would you believe I even took a digital test before going today. It's true we only have the tests and symptoms until we can see and then feel baby.

@melann13 Thanks! :) The whole appointment was so fast and I was so afraid. I'll ask to do it myself next time if I have to do it. It wasn't so bad when it first went in, but it was painful when she pushed it in deep and when she moved it around! I can't wait for 1st tri to be over!

Also, AFM, I've never been really close with anyone who is pregnant, so I had never felt a baby kick. It's SOOO crazy that not only can I feel her little butt pushing and kicks and hiccups, but tonight she's moving so much, and on such a grand scale that DH and I just sat and watched my belly morph shapes for awhile. Hoping she stay head down as I'm actually more afraid of version (turning the baby) than birth. I've heard it's horrid.

I've briefly felt my sister-in-law's stomach, but it was very brief. I think being able to feel baby will be so amazing. I've always wondered if I would even be able to have kids because it was always just something that other women did. It's such a miracle that all of this happens inside of us. Seeing the baby move today was so amazing because it was so surprising knowing/seeing something that wonderful was happening. Enjoy all the kicks and hiccups! I hope she stays head down for you!

Congrats hopeful for the brilliant scan. I hope this puts your mind at rest.

I'm up and have my son reminding me we have the doctors in a minute. I think I told him so many times we're going to the doctors in the morning that he's been telling me since 5am when he woke me up!

Melann13 I'm glad your enjoying your bump kicking you. Its an amazing feeling. I'm waiting for this one to get going. Her brother was Jackie Chan at this point but she's more lazy I guess. I also read its not uncommon for babies to start kicking later at 24 weeks and some even at 30. I'm sure she'll get there, but slightly worrying since I don't have an anterior placenta (its in the perfect position apparently) and almost everyone at this point has. If she's not kicking by my next midwife appointment I'll bring it up.

Glad to hear your appointment went well, Hopeful! Yay to seeing the baby! I am strange in that the transvaginal u/s doesn't bother me so much as the metal instruments (what are they called? Horrid devices made in Medieval times I think) they use at gyno appointments. I always request exams without them.

AFM, my appointment established my due date to be May 19 (they wait until end of 1st tri at my doc's office to declare due date), so I'm a few days ahead of where I thought I was.

@mummy2o Thanks! :) I hope she starts to kick soon. I know it's reassuring and such a special thing.

@KatyW Thanks! I'm sure metal instruments would be worse. I guess the shape of the transvaginal instrument is okay. She said it'll be like a tampon, but I knew it was quite a bit larger and solid. I told my husband "but I don't use tampons" when she left for me to undress. I've always been a bit careful/nervous of things down there. I've done my best to avoid almost all gyno trips and anything related to someone doing something down there. I know I should have been going for years, but I knew having a baby would be about the only thing to actually make me do it. :haha: Congrats on being moved up and being a beautiful peach this week! I updated your date.

Awesome news Hopeful!! I am so happy to hear that your little one is just perfect in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->