BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Can they actually enforce that law in Italy? I would be shocked if they could, given people breaking obvious traffic laws left and right (maybe I'm thinking of the day I drove through Milan and realized the 2 lane road was a 3 lane road because people felt like it).

@melann13 Oh! I guess you won't have to worry about shaving then. I wonder if my hospital sends newsletters. That's neat. I will google 3 free polishes! :)

@kksy9b I haven't heard of the "pee-pee teepee". It looks interesting. :haha:

@mummy2o Good luck with working on peeing standing up. :thumbup: I do imagine it's a change. I tend to stand/squat/balance awkwardly over the toilet when we're out in public places and I always wish women had the ability to go either way as well. :haha:

@daddiesgift Happy 12 weeks!! :happydance:

@magicwhisper I hope you feel better soon! :flower:

@KatyW Happy 13 weeks!! :happydance:

@Acorn, I primarily saw signs about it in the airport, and it was being enforced. Granted, in Italy, you can smoke more places than here to begin with. Fortunately none of my friends there smoke. It's not seen as cool like it used to be there. I've been there 3 times, most recently last year. Driving is crazy, but strangely it's like organized chaos that you get used to. My dad turned right on red and my friend FREAKED out! She's says "You can't do that here!!!" - strange what they find dangerous :)

@Hopeful, the hospital newsletter was something that I got signed up for at my first birthing class. As far as nailpolishes, you'll find that pretty much any list is not complete, so I'd google the actual brand and "3 free" or "4free" to see what comes up. There are a lot of options though, from low to high end. I think even Sally Hansen is at least 3 free now.

I'm glad it was being enforced; it is organized chaos, unfortunately when I was driving I wasn't organized about it haha. It's illegal to turn right on red where I live in Germany as well as the Netherlands. I can't remember about the UK or Ireland though, whether it is illegal to turn left on red, also general confusion on my part when it came to driving, switching to the other side totally threw me off. I loved how kind people were to my daughter when we were there last year. Now I want to go there, what a beautiful country. :)

@Katy, I've been writing to a penpal in Verona, Italy since I was 12. We met in person for the first time when I was 16 or 17. I've been back twice, including acting as a witness for her wedding last year. She was also in my wedding here back in '07. Our entire families are bonded for life and it's not uncommon for our dads to email about politics/economics and are moms to bond over recipes etc. It's been an amazing relationship. Hoping to teach this LO some Italian! I took an immersion class a couple years ago in prep for the wedding. While I'm most in love with Verona, since I feel like I know my way around and it's not covered in tourists, I have also been to Venice all three times (it's a short train ride) and Pisa, Rome and Florence once each. DH has been with me twice, but we'd both like to see the south as well. My dad has spent time in Naples.

Maybe you will get the chance to spend a long time there - that would only help the Italian. What a cool thing to happen - for a lifelong friendship like that to develop through a penpal. Very neat!

Ladies, when did your morning sickness stop? I am pretty sure I have no memory of my previous pregnancy, ha! Mommy amnesia. Tired of dry heaving over here, though I know it could be worse.

@melann13 That's such a neat story about staying friends with your pen-pal. It's amazing that you stayed in touch and were even in each other's weddings. I'd love to travel to this part of the world in the future. I'm sure it's lovely. :)

@KatyW My husband would have to do all the driving for us if we traveled somewhere else even in the U.S. I get a bit nervous driving on major roadways and I am much better at giving directions than having the pressure of being the driver. :haha: I really hope you start feeling better soon and that your morning sickness doesn't last much longer.

Ladies, when did your morning sickness stop? I am pretty sure I have no memory of my previous pregnancy, ha! Mommy amnesia. Tired of dry heaving over here, though I know it could be worse.

Hahah I have amnesia too! About everything, preggo brain! I did not have very much nausea as long as I kept something in my stomach but I wanna say it was about16 weeks that it finished off... Maybe even sooner... I think 6-12 was the worst of it..

Poor thing :( mine was WORST at week 13. Pretty much gone by the end of week 14...though I randomly threw up twice in one day in week 17 (though I'm thinking it may have been because I had OJ that morning! I've since discovered that oranges are fine but orange juice makes me feel bad).

FX you get some relief soon. I know for myself, I was considering asking the doc about the prescription anti emetics if my MS was going to last much longer after week 13.

@Katy W, I think mine went away at about 14 weeks. However, lately I've had nausea on an off again and have woken up in the night with acid in my mouth. LO is already upside done based on hiccup placement and nurse's guess. So that means her bottom half is kicking and pushing against my stomach, so it may not truly be 3rd tri morning sickness, and just my little girl messing with things :)

@ Katy W- Mine still has not gone away! It stopped for about a week, but then came back. I always assumed it was a first trimester thing but I guess that's not the case for everyone. I hope you feel better soon! Atleast I know mine will be gone within the next 10 weeks or so lol.

I'm laughing at your description of Italian traffic being organised chaos - you guys should try driving in Cairo - it is completely and totally unorganised mayhem. I thank god every time I get to my destination unscathed (and the car not damaged).

Kwaggy,
Poor thing! True that it will be gone in 10 weeks or so. It is worth every moment, I hope you find some relief.

Melann,
I remember now feeling a little loss of appetite, etc. in the 3rd trimester. I think heartburn was part of it too/indigestion due to the pressure on the stomach with the baby being so large. Hope your baby girl stops kicking acid into your throat, ick. It is awesome, though, when you can feel how large they are and realize how close you are to holding them. :)

Ourlilflu, I'm wondering if it's going end soon. I seriously have pregnancy amnesia with my previous pregnancy, ha, so this may have been the point where it felt like it was never going away, then it quickly went away. I'm glad you feel better now.

Thanks, Hopeful :). Your appointment is tomorrow (Friday), right? Eager to hear about it, I be it will be great.

You ladies always make me feel better :). Thanks.

I was very ill with my two but I remember it subsiding around 12 weeks. I haven't been sick this time only when I haven't ate in awhile or I'm thirsty. I still feel it now :shrug:

I am shocked at the usual 3rd trimester problems I'm already having. I wake at night and can't fall back asleep or my mind never shuts off at night. I'm EXHAUSTED every single day. I wake in the morning tired, if I get a nap I wake up feeling worse! I went on light errands for 2 hours this morning and could barely keep my eyes open driving home! I was hoping to have energy by now but I'm just as tired as I was week 4!

I also have horrible leg and feet cramps. I take calcium and magnesium to help, which makes it much more mild but not completely gone. I don't know why I always get them but this time is so early! I had foot surgey in April. Ugh long story but I swear the surgery only made things worse. I can barely move that foot at all so imagine catching a cramp in it!! I have to massage it till its unstiff and moves again.

I don't really get bad morning sickness. With DS I had none and this one it was gone by 10 weeks. I did eat little the often until it passed though, and sucking on lolly's helped me a lot. Some say soured things, but I still don't like them. As for pregnancy brain, mine is terrible. Went to the bank the other day and forgot why I went there. I then went back half an hour later to pay money into my account. I've also forgot my appointment to my flu jab and it was on the calender on the fridge I went to at least 5 times before my appointment. Its rescheduled for Saturday at 8.38 (been reminding myself and telling everyone I meet so I don't forget it again!!!) Thankfully haven't forgotten to pick up DS or anything serious yet.

Speaking of DS he lost his first tooth yesterday. I think he swallowed it though. He went to bed with all his teeth, and saw him the next morning with a hole in his teeth. He didn't wobble it and didn't seem bothered by it. He had a visit from the tooth fairy though. He saving his money though, he's not sure what for but I suspect he'll tell me when he wants to use it.

@Kwaggy Happy 31 weeks! :happydance:

@newbie2013 I don't think I could handle driving in such traffic. It makes me pretty nervous even when I'm the passenger. :dohh:

@KatyW Thanks! :friends: It is tomorrow. I'm beyond nervous and excited. I hope to report back with great news.

@daddiesgift Fatigue is probably one of my most recognized symptoms so far. I sleep a lot, I fall asleep during shows, I want to nap a lot, but it's never enough. It's bad when I'm tired all day, but then feel like falling asleep will be hard. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

@mummy2o I'll try to remember to remind you to go on Saturday! I think it's great he's saving the money! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->