BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Congrats Buttercup!

Hopeful it's an outpatient birth center so if you have to stay longer than 24 hours you are transferred to their sister hospital. So I hope I don't have to do that but I don't have a set time in mind when I'm going to leave after birth. Whenever they say I can! I'm Just glad I won't be staying so long to have the constant in and out checks! With Anthony it was constantly waking me up in the middle of night for checks and tests. Ill be glad to just go home! I've had pretty uncomplicated births and recovery was never that bad that I thought I needed to stay in the hospital that long. I found the pain to be at its worse days after birth instead of immediately following :shrug: it wasn't bad at all with Dominic though I tore but it was a tad worse with Anthony because I tore worse :nope:

Welcome buttercup!!

@hopeful...I think this time it's gonna be worse! I think because I'll want to get home to my dd and because worked out the kinks nursing with dd...... I'm sure once I shake the rust off it'll come back so..... I won't really need the nurses to ask if I'm doing it right. Haha. So ya.... If anything I'll want to go home sooner!!!!

Welcome to the group buttercup. I know how annoying it was seeing all those BFP and thinking I want it to be my turn next. So congrats on making it here!

@mummy2o I imagine it was difficult being in the hospital that long and not being sure when you would be let go. I hope it all goes much easier this time. :hugs:

@Buttercup84 Of course! I'm so happy to see you're back and you have your BFP!!! Congratulations! :happydance:

@daddiesgift The idea of tears scare me a bit. :| You're almost 20 weeks and halfway there!! When's your next appointment?

@chulie I hope you get to go home quickly. I know you will probably want to get home to your DD. How is she? Is she starting to understand the pregnancy and idea of baby more? I think it's always so sweet to see siblings bond right after baby is born. :)

@magicwhisper How are you? :flower:

im great thanks :D

i am currently feeling like a old woman because of my new found love of granny underwear :rofl:

ella is starting to kick harder now :D shame we can't feel it from the outside yet though

buttercup- congrats on your :bfp: and welcome!

hopeful- have you started to feel any wiggles yet? :)

magicwhisper- my movements have just gotten to the point where they can be seen and felt from the outside. hubby got a chance to feel several times and even got kicked in the head! :haha:. you'll be seeing her karate moves from the outside soon :flower:

i cant wait until oh can feel movements :D

he keeps my hand on my tummy when ella is kicking but nothing so far :haha:

It took a long time before DH could regularly feel movements. I'd tell him she was moving, but either she'd stop when he put his hand on me, or the kicks would be focused in a different place or towards the back. Now that there's hardly any room in there he can feel every twist and turn that I do and he loves it. I was so impatient for it to be this easy, but it's worth it. We watched a movie last night (as I'm basically a big lump at this point) and he just rested his hands on her the whole time feeling her do pirouettes. She's welcome to join us on the outside at any point. Getting anxious...

Hopeful- it can be scary tearing but overall it happens and it can heal just fine and you'll live :) it's rare that women need any kind of surgery instead just a stitch or two. OH says "it" feels the same as it did before kids :haha: I was worried there would be a huge scar or something and sex would feel different but its not like that. With my first I slowly pushed and midwife massaged and used oils ect to help but it still happened. With #2 I tore worse but he was nearly two pounds more :dohh: either way it happens and its nothing to be scared of. Although I do know there is those scary situations out there

Four days is my anatomy scan!! Man will I be happy to just see baby and make sure she's healthy and of course that she's still a she :haha: I haven't got any good looks of her face so I hope we can see well!

Melann- not much longer now!! Thats wonderful that your DH can feel all her movements :)

Hopeful- hopefully you'll start feeling movements soon! I started feeling the first movements at 14 weeks and the first kicks at 16 or 17. Consistent kicks at 18-19. You are going to fall even more in love with your little girl when she starts squirming :)

AFM things are going well. Starting to get some of the hip pain and shortness of breath (when I lean too far back) but overall can't complain! I feel really blessed to have had an easier pregnancy so far and definitely not going to take it for granted! GTT is next week so hoping I pass the first and dont have to go back for the 3 hour.

Thanks everyone, i'm really happy to be able to post here and just trying to think positively that everything will be OK as it's still such early days.
I think when baby starts moving regularly really is the best bit of pregnancy... I used to lie in the bath for ages watching DD moving in my belly :flower:
I had to stay 2 nights in hospital after having DD due to issues at birth (I had a 2.5 litre post partum hemmorhage requiring a blood transfusion) and I hated it. If I can have a same day discharge this time i'd be really happy but if not just one night will be quite enough! I'm using a different hospital this time though so hoping for a better experience.

@magicwhisper I can't wait to feel kicks! I know it can happen around now, but that it might be a little later. I think I've felt a few tiny flutters, but nothing that has made me know for sure yet. I think granny undies can be wonderful. :thumbup:

@ALiKO I've felt a few flutters at night a few times, but nothing definite yet. :dohh: I can't wait!! I bet your husband loves feeling her as well. That's such an amazing and reassuring thing. :D

@melann13 Are you having any signs of labor yet? I know you must be so ready for her! Enjoy this last bit of time feeling her from outside. You will be holding her soon! That will be so amazing. :D I'm waiting for the day I sign on and see that you've had her!

@daddiesgift I love how reassuring you were about the tearing. There are so many times people say the wrong things. :hugs: I'm willing to do what needs to be done as long as baby is okay. :D I hope she's still a baby girl and that you get a good look at her face! I go on the 20th for my scan. I am nervous (as usual) but sooo excited!

@kksy9b I've been talking to her and trying to encourage her to let me feel her. :haha: I know she was very active at the last scan and the last doctor visit whilst the doctor was searching for the heartbeat. I want to feel her being active! Good luck on the GTT; let us know how it goes.

@Buttercup84 I'm sorry you had the hemorrhage. I know that must be hard when all you want to do is spend time with baby. I'm sending postive thoughts and wishes your way! I think one night would be enough for me too. :thumbup:

Ladies, Do you prefer the full panel or short panel maternity jeans? I think I'll need to pick some up on my next shopping trip.

@Hopeful, I'm getting very anxious. I've been having BH contractions for a couple weeks (nothing painful, just tight like cramps). I've had 3 or 4 more legit contractions where I have to stop and breathe, but I've only had 1 or at most 2 at a time and then nothing. I have not had the "bloody show" either, but have had mucous discharge which the doc said can be the plug coming in pieces, but nothing bloody or brown. I have a joke going that it will be Sunday because I made up the birth announcement a couple weeks ago so that it would just need a picture and the info filled in (just made it in ppt to save as a jpg and get printed at Walgreens) and I put Jan 5th on there as wishful thinking. Now the Packers play here in WI on Sunday and the game may be blacked out (long story) where my parents live, so I told my dad that if I'm in labor he can watch it here in the hospital (we're only 1.5 hrs away) and I can yell at the TV during labor.
As far as the pants go, I have mixed feelings. I had the under belly panel early on and thought I'd never go to the full panel, but once the belly actually has a bottom to it I found the under belly bands VERY uncomfortable because when you sit they fold under the belly and squeeze really tight right over your bladder. The full panels feel silly early on, but trust me, by the end, they're the ONLY type I'll wear. With my full sized belly, the band that used to go almost to my bra now barely gets past my belly button. and I don't have to worry about my butt hanging out. The degree to which the panel goes down is also an issue. I have a pair of Gap maternity jeans that have a soft cotton (think T-shirt) material panel. Very comfy, but it goes down really low (no flake fly) and with a 38-39 week belly, my long maternity shirts don't cover it anymore. I have two other pairs, one Old Navy and one Motherhood maternity. The ON full panel are nice and they have a flesh colored panel which is good for lighter shirts, but the panel is quite tight and I can't wear them for very long anymore. The Motherhood pair is my favorite, also full panel, but has a fake fly, so you can't see the panel at the crotch. I bought the ON ones online, the Gap and Motherhood ones I got at Goodwill. I have a Target pair too, but those are the under belly, so I haven't worn those in awhile except when we went to a party where I knew I'd be standing the whole time. I recommend having a variety, you never know what will feel good depending on your current belly shape. Overall the full panel are just more versatile though. Definitely stalk Goodwills... I got some FANTASTIC stuff there because most matenrity clothes are not worn that much. That's a really long descrip. Hope it helps!

@melann13 Sunday would be a lovely day and a perfect story for the future! I'll hope that's when it happens! :D

Your advice does help! :thumbup: I've heard that the under belly panels can be hard to deal with once someone is further along. Did you ever wear the full panel when you were earlier on and roll it down? Or wear it and leave it rolled up? That might be my best option.

I've been looking online at Target and Old Navy. I might need to try them on first though. I'm a bit short and would need to make sure they fit properly. :D I saw that you should order your normal size even in maternity. Have you found that to be true or was sizing up best?

@Hopeful, I did wear the full panel early on either rolled down or left up. I have two pairs of pants that I got at Kohls (they sell the motherhood maternity brand) that are lighter weight and can be worn as capris or pants which might be a good option for you because by the end you'll be warm. Target online is nice because usually you can return things in store, even if they don't have that product there. ON online I had good luck with returns as well. Most of my pants are just "medium" but ON I ordered an 8 (I'm usually a 7/8 and ON sometimes a 6 because their stuff runs big) but when they came I couldn't get them over my hips (you forget those get wider too) so I called. They sent me a prepaid shipping label and had my new pair (size 10) sent to me 2 day shipping for free, so I had to wait a couple days, but it didn't cost me anything. Whether to order your normal size or something bigger depends on your body. For me the relaxin hormone has meant that my shoes and rings haven't fit well since about 4 months, and not just due to swelling, but literally everything is wider (I had super small feet to begin with (size 6) but had to pick up several pairs of 7's and now those are tight too. Don't bother getting things that are tight on you though, because they may fit some days and not others depending on your water retention. Plus you don't need to add discomfort in your clothes to the other aches and pains.
I'm so thankful I'm pregnant, and this is not in any way intended to be complaints, I'd much prefer my big bloated pregnant self to my normal self any day. This is just what I've learned.

I think when you are much bigger full panel smooths things out better under your clothes. I always preferred those later in pregnancy and the short panel in early pregnancy. Now Im just annoyed by them all :haha: I feel like Im always pulling my pants up. Maybe Im just not big enough yet. But I do remember having to pull them up a lot in later pregnancy too.

So I guess Id get full panel. You can always roll them down and make a half panel.

I really hope this is a girl like weve been told because I may be going a little wacko buying stuff :haha: Not too bad we have a few outfits and last night I bought 6 girly diapers (we use cloth) and a rocknplay sleeper in a super girly print.

I agree with the others about maternity pants. At the beginning I loved the thinner bands (under the bump) that I got from Gap. Now that my bump is bigger i love the full panel and the thinner bands roll down when I sit and are uncomfortable. My sister said she hated anything on her bump though, so I guess it's different for everyone. I also got lucky at a thrift store and got several jeans and work slacks.
As for me, I am having a scheduled C-Section tomorrow morning at 7am! I am totally nervous and excited at the same time. They are doing this because of my high blood pressure. I have been on bed rest for the past 3 weeks to buy more time, but I'm 38 weeks now so my dr decided it was the safest thing to do. Wish me luck! I will post birth story and pics of my baby girl when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->