BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

@daddiesgift Your appointment is Monday, right? Good luck! I hope you get to see her face better and that she's still a girl! :thumbup:

@OurLilFlu Oh no! That's way too cold! I hope you stayed inside and warm. Yay for building the nursery furniture! :happydance: Congratulations on getting engaged too!

Thanks hopeful! Yes at least the rest of the week we creep back up to the warmer side of things.
And yes, we got engaged Christmas Day, it was so sweet!

Yep! Sitting at my appt now!! Soo nervous. Hope I'm not waiting too long but there's an unusual amount of pregnant women here right now!

@OurLilFlu I looked up our windchill today. It was -23. Brrr. I can't wait until summer. :thumbup:

@daddiesgift I read your update in your journal. I'm glad baby is doing well and that she is still a girl! :happydance: Congrats! I can't wait until my 20 week appointment!

A couple of updates for me:

I wore my maternity jeans for the first time today. They were so much more comfortable on my belly! :happydance: BUT I had to keep tugging them up when I would stand up or sit down. It's the short panel pair from Target. I'm hoping this stops soon. I'm looking into finding a full panel pair soon.

I've felt what feels like bubbles in the past few weeks, but I think I'm actually starting to feel baby move/press against me on the inside. I started noticing it some days ago and it's always in the same area of where she found the heartbeat and where baby should be now. I know it's not gas. :haha: It feels more like she's lightly pressing against me or how a muscle twitch would feel. Is this how you would describe it once it became more noticeable? It's been off and on and mostly at night. She was doing it for 2-3 minutes off and on tonight. I can't wait for it to happen more frequently. I still find that I need reassurance at times.

For me in the beginning it always felt like bubbles , hard to distinguish from gas but it would happen at odd times and more noticeable... Now if I'm resting my arm on my belly my whole forearm gets a big roll, enough to move my arm lol

@Hopeful,
Yes, I definitely thought it felt like muscle twitches. I did get the bubbly feeling too, I think that was more rolls and somersaults. Now I have the, "You're going to bust through the skin on my belly" feelings!

Ameli: Congrats on your little one. I so can't wait for March to hurry up and get here. It seems so far away :(

Hopeful: It does sound like the beginning of movements. I bet your getting excited. Won't be long before you telling her to get off various body parts. Mine seems to have a thing for my ribs. They are so sore at times.

Ourlilflu: Congrats on your engagement if I haven't already said that. I have such a baby brain at times.

Thanks! I didn't really mention it anywhere just changed my siggy, you ladies are so keen! Lol it happened on Christmas Day! Just thrilled!

yeah thats how my movements started hopeful :D

ive started to feel them on the outside a little now which i find amazing :D

Hey Hopeful, thanks, I am still home in America, though I think the cold German weather followed me here, ha, as it is 11 degrees Fahrenheit this morning, and I'm in Virginia Beach!

Definitely have been feeling movements for awhile now (second pregnancy, so this time I know what it feels like), and could feel it from the outside yesterday. Also, I've got a legit bump, unsurprisingly (I had the watermelon look last time, ha).

Hopeful- for me it felt like muscle twitches in the beginning. Thats so wonderful that you are starting to feel her move! For me, over the last couple weeks we've started to see his movements from the outside too. So now my favorite thing to do is just lay there and watch him dance in my belly :)

Congratulations ourlilflu!! How did he propose?

Sitting at the lab waiting for the blood draw on the GTT. Drink was not as bad as I expected but still bad lol. About 45 min to go..

@OurLilFlu Wow! Baby is getting strong! :haha: I think it must be amazing to see baby actually move. I can't wait for that too! :D I noticed when I saw the new ticker and I noticed your new avatar too! Do you have any plans/ideas yet?

@melann13 I hope baby Felicity comes soon! :flower: Any new signs?

@mummy2o I am sooo excited about movements! :happydance: I start talking to her when I feel it and try to encourage her to continue. I can't wait for my husband to feel it because he's missing out on feeling her right now. I hope March gets here quickly!

@magicwhisper :D Yay! I bet it's really exciting to feel her on the outside too!

@KatyW It's way too cold right now. I imagine it's much different than what you expected to have in Virgina Beach. Stay warm! I'm sure it's a beautiful bump. :thumbup: Yay for outside movements!!

@kksy9b Enjoy watching him dance! :D Good luck on the GTT. Let us know how it goes.

I'm so excited that you ladies know what I'm feeling and would describe it the same way. That makes me believe it is her more, even though I was mostly sure already. :D Most websites just tell you about the earliest feelings (bubbles, butterfly wings, etc.) so it's great to know that this is the next stage. How long did it take for you/someone else to feel movements on the outside after you could feel movements on the inside? I want my husband to feel them too, but I will love each movement I get until he can. :winkwink:

@Hopeful, nothing. Super frustrated. I got a bunch of texts from people today asking me if baby is here yet. It's sweet that they're thinking of me, but I feel like "don't you think if she was I would tell you?!?" Had DH come home for a nooner today :) It was fun, but doesn't seem to have done anything... Occupied myself doing housework all day. Now it's 5 and I'm pretty bored. I've been reading breast feeding books, but I think I may find something random and mindless to read. Just having menstrual type cramps (terrifying early in pregnancy, normal at this point apparently). Have a doc appt tomorrow. I haven't had them do a cervix check yet, but I may give in tomorrow. I haven't had a bloody show, only mucous discharge for a couple weeks.

I don't think DH was able to feel baby's movements until about 24 weeks. Even then it wasn't frequently because they were so localized and he'd miss them a lot. Now he's fascinated by her since she can move my entire abdomen and there's frequently pointy spots :)

Describing early movements is hard! Later on its thuds :haha: I've felt her from the outside but OH hasn't yet. I don't really remember when OH could before but I'm thinking well after 20 weeks. :shrug:

Melann- sending labor vibes your way! I went to a doctors appt with my 2nd and they said I wasn't dilated, softened, engaged.. NOTHING. Then two days later my mom said I needed to call the hospital as it seemed contractions were pretty close, though they didn't hurt so we headed to the hospital all intention of leaving for lunch after but they said 5cm!! So in two days I went from nothing to something and gave birth at 38+6.

Thanks for the congrats ladies!

He proposed on Christmas morning at his parents After we opened our gifts, there was one present left with no tag or ribbon etc I opened it and it was a box I had painted and shipped him something in when we were dating long distance... So I just thought it was a cute gesture when he came around the corner with a ring box in his hand of course I burst out crying and as he got down on one knee I said 'oh no you can't do this to me right now...ill be crying all day!' Immediately I realized those are probably terrible first reaction words lol!! The ring is his Nana's who passed away before we were together and his Opa passed away a few months after he moved in with me... They were very special people so I am honoured to be able to wear that ring... And hopeful, as you asked right now we're thinking of August 30 since it would have been their 51st anniversary and it coincidentally falls on a Saturday... So pretty crazy! Wedding 6 months after baby:S

I think it was 22 or 23 weeks when DH felt from the outside. I was feeling them from outside earlier (maybe 21 weeks?) but baby would stop moving if DH put his hand there lol.

Ourlilflu- wonderful proposal story! Its so special that you get to wear a ring that means so much to you and him. Congratulations again! I guess you'll have a built in ring bearer or flower girl once baby is born lol

@melann13 I'm sure it's frustrating for people to ask since you're still waiting. I've just been telling everyone June so they don't know exactly when to expect her. My hopes are to have only close family there on the day of and extended people/visitors on the second or third day. I think finding something to read will help some. I love getting lost in a good book. :thumbup: Good luck at your appointment! Perhaps they will tell you she is almost ready!!

@daddiesgift Happy 20 weeks! :happydance:

@OurLilFlu That's such a sweet way to ask. :D It would be sweet to honor their anniversary. At six months baby will be sitting up and able to enjoy the wedding too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->