BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

@Hopeful,
They're not unfortunately. Been crampy and very uncomfortable with mucous discharge, but nothing else. I had some strong cramps this afternoon that I thought could be contractions. There were two only 7 minutes apart, but then it was 15 minutes and then no more. Tomorrow would be a fun birthday, 1.11, but no sign of that happening. I really just wish I knew if this was going to happen on it's own or not. I feel like I could be more patient if I knew I'd go into labor on my own, but I'm really afraid of induction for some reason. As a FTM the whole process is scary and unknown to me, but something induction just seems worse. Just keep praying she comes on her own.

Melann - It sounds like things are going in the right direction, as long as everything is good you should still have quite awhile before they would think about induction. If you can, do something fun to get your mind off it and relax. You'll get to meet her soon!

I'm excited to be joining you guys! 4 weeks today, due September 19!

I think induction isn't as bad as it sounds, as long as its done in one. I think when that fails it totally sucks as your getting your hopes up to have a baby out and it doesn't happen. In the UK its normal for them not to induce you until your 2 weeks over, not sure where you are as some places only wait a week. I was induced with DS 13 days after my due date and it failed 3 times until he final felt like coming. I'm hoping for another induction (hopefully all in one go) at 13 weeks overdue as it will be my mums birthday, so I'm probably the only person I know who wants to go overdue, although I will probably change my mind at the time.

I'll be starting raspberry tea next Friday. Can't believe how quickly it gone. I'm not sure if it help labour or not, but nothing can be as bad a DS labour, so worth a shot.

@melann13 I can totally understand that the process seems scary. I hope she comes on her own and that it's very soon! :thumbup: 1/13 could be cool because they add up to 14 as in 2014. Come on baby!!

@Kalush :happydance: I'm so excited for you! I added you to the front!

@mummy2o I hope you make it until your mom's birthday. :flower: I've seen many ladies start raspberry tea. What is it supposed to do for labor?

AFM I hate pregnancy nightmares! I had another bad one tonight. :(

OMG I was so not with it. Congrats Kalush!

Hopeful: Its suppose to make the pushing easier in the 2nd stage of labour. I couldn't naturally push DS out at all. So I'm going to give it a shot. You should start at 32 weeks. You can take evening primrose oil from 36 weeks or so, but of course everyone gives you a different week. Some says it softens the cervix, others say it brings on labour, so I'm at a loss on that one. Maybe no one really knows.

I think having a baby in general can be a little scary! Not knowing when you'll go into labor or scheduling it comes with all its own fears but trust your body and your doctor and everything will turn out! I'm terrified of going over due! I never have before but just the idea of going so far over due that something happens to baby. So I guess if I went over 41 weeks I'd get induced but idk! You hear all these horror stories out there of what can happen but I think positive outcomes are more likely than negative ones! I've met a few women who've been induced and none ended in a csection or something worse. :shrug:

Red raspberry leaf tea just helps strengthens the uterus and helps contractions be stronger when labor has already started. I've always drank it from the beginning of pregnancy, then daily in the end. Was told its fine to drink whenever as it won't cause labor or any softening. With #1 he was anxious to be born and came at 37 weeks so I didn't have time to take evening primrose with him. Just lots of sex and pineapple :haha: with my second I started it orally daily at 37 weeks as it can soften cervix so not safe to take early on. Then at 38+5 OH and I had sex and afterward I inserted evp pill vaginally like some recommend while taking it orally, and the next day he was born. So I recommend that though everyone's body is different. I think I just grow babies fast as naturally I've never made it to my due date and they've been perfectly healthy, ready to come and a great weight! My youngest was 8 pounds 13 ounces, he would've been huge had I gone any longer! :haha:

It's early so I'm babbling but what I'm trying to say is you'll hear all these horror stories and what to do or not do but that doesn't have to be your story and doesn't mean it will happen to you. Try evening primrose oil orally and vaginally and if you like drink some rlt.

great news magicwhisper!

welcome over kalush! congratulations!

Congrats kalush!! Hope you're doing ok melann, I was induced with my DD and though I'd prefer to go naturally with this one I'd be induced again if I needed to be.

Just an update... No sign of baby today. DH tried a little acupressure this morning. Had hot curry last night. We also went for a bit of a walk. I feel like she might be a little lower, but that's about it. Just took a nap as I barely slept at all last night. I try to remind myself that no matter how frustrated I get as each day goes by with no baby, it's still a day closer to meeting her. I had lots of dreams of her last night (in my 3 hr sleep :). Usually she's a baby, but in these she was around 2. Dark curly hair :) C'mon Felicity!

MagicWhisper - Congrats on everything being good!

Melann - Hope you are able to get as much sleep as you can. That sounds like a good dream! Only a couple weeks left at the most.

@mummy2o Thanks! :) You're getting so close now!

@daddiesgift Thanks! It's nice hearing stories from women who have already given birth and especially when the stories are not really frightening! :)

@magicwhisper :happydance: That's wonderful!

@Buttercup84 How have you been? :)

@melann13 C'mon Felicity!! :happydance: Happy 40 weeks! May this be the last week and may baby come soon!!

AFM I'm feeling more and more of the 'muscle twitching' type of movements. Some are stronger than others. She was just kicking/pressing against me off and on for 5-10 minutes. I assume she's asleep now. :cloud9: I'm in love. My 20 week scan is on the 20th. I'm so excited and so nervous.

I think this baby is trying to scare me already. So I had a stomach bug Saturday and she didn't move a lot, so I put it down to being sick. Yesterday she moved about once, so I went in after being concerned that I haven't felt her move a lot. So I spent a few hours on the assessment unit, which was fine as they had other ladies going in to labour and needed them to be checked before me as the poor midwife was by herself, plus now I know when my turn comes I'll be pushed to the front. So they hook me to the heart monitor which was ok, but they didn't like how her heart was fluctuating so have to go back in a couple of hours to have a scan to see if there are any problems. I'm sure everything is fine and she just spent a lot of time playing hide and seek with the monitor as she's not keen on them. On the plus side I get to see her in a few hours although I just want to sleep as I'm really tired!

Melann13: Congrats on getting to your due date. Hopefully she'll be here soon!

Hopeful: I bet your getting excited also with all the new signs. Won't be long now before she'll be kicking you all over and at times you'll want her to stop!

Magicwhisper: Congrats on the good scan!

@mummy2o I'm sure all is fine with baby. I understand being cautious though. I'm glad you'll get to see her soon. Let us know how it goes. :hugs:

Our baby girl Esther May arrived Sunday 12/01/14 at 4.17am 7lb 1oz :thumbup::happydance: totally smitten she is beautiful.

I am a bit sore :blush: (got to the hospital at 1.45am and it was pretty full on straight away so needed some stitches).

Managed with just TENs, gas and air.

Back home the same day (before lunchtime in fact).

Looking a bit jaundice this morning and being weighed tomorrow just hoping everything is OK.

How is everyone sorry I haven't been around much the last few weeks of pregnancy were really tough.

xxxx

@Mummy to HP Congratulations!! How exciting! :happydance: That was a quick delivery. I'm sure it's nice to be home already. I hope you start to feel better soon. I updated the front and our parenting thread.

Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear more about Esther.

Congrats!! Sounds like you had a great experience!

congratulations!! love her name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->