BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

My DH is calling it a "before parenthood" crisis. Fortunately for me it just meant that he bought a very expensive stereo ($3000) and built some beautiful speakers. He sold a bunch of old photography equipment to pay for it, so it's no skin off my back! He's extremely handy and entertains himself by making things. Works for me!

@melann13 :hugs: I'm sorry about the nightmare. I know it's hard. I'm glad you're sleeping good still. I really hope she comes soon. Fingers crossed for a good report on Tuesday or that she comes before then.

@daddiesgift :haha:

AFM My 20 week appointment is next week. Do you have any advice of what to expect or how to prepare?

Melann - Sorry about the nightmares. Glad you have been able to sleep though, that's great. It's nice that he was able to sell things to pay for his new things. You'll get to meet her soon, :hugs:, it can be hard to wait. It'll be worth it.

Hopeful - I was the same way last time. My friends kept saying I didn't look pregnant. It started growing in the 20's and a huge jump from 30-31. We'll see what this time brings. I don't remember anything special about 20 week appointment, they all were pretty much check urine, blood pressure, feel stomach, listen to heartbeat, see you next time.

Excited to tell my parents tomorrow. I took a picture of DD in a big sister shirt, added september 2014 to the picture and will e-mail it to them. We'll do it during facetime under the guise of asking if the picture will work for a family photo of the 3 of us we promised to take for them. Probably we should take that at some point too. Then Monday we're going to DH's parents house and we'll just have wear the shirt and let them notice. So the next couple days should be fun. Today was the first day I've been exhausted, also nauseous all day starting after breakfast. Took a nap during DD's nap time too, I forsee more of those in the future.

Hang in there, Melann, not much longer. :)

I wish I didn't look so pregnant already at almost 23 weeks (I feel like I look more like 27 weeks), haha, but I am one to show early and have a huge bump. I guess it must be equally annoying to not show too, but I've never had that experience. I'm guessing I'm on track to gain 35ish pounds, but I don't really mind as that is what it was like last time, and I lost it all without a lot of effort due to breast feeding and exercise. My doctor didn't give me any advice on weight gain. I don't indulge much in pregnancy, though, so I don't know if that helped too.

:hugs: Melann, I went 12 days over with DD so I understand the anxieties when you go over your due date and the phonecalls, texts etc asking if anything has happened don't help. Hang in there :flower:
I'm 6+2 and still don't have any real symptoms. Fatigue some evenings but it's random and some very mild waves of nausea but I think that's just because i'm more conscious of my body and noticing little things more. Trying not to let it all worry me but i'll be so glad to be past 12 weeks! My NHS scan is at 12 weeks but i'm thinking paying for a private one at 8 weeks like I did with DD, I said I wouldn't this time but the lack of symptoms is making me want that bit of reassurance again. Got a bit of time to decide anyway...

Just went for a long walk outside (it's about 37 degrees, so decent enough) with DH up and down hills through the snow etc. I woke up at 3am this morning with very mild contractions every 10 minutes that fizzled, and then at around 10:30 the back pain kicked in. I've always gotten bad back pain with my periods and TERRIBLE with my MC. It's ebbed and surged throughout the day. It was VERY strong on our walk home, but no discernible contractions. Back pain has receded a little bit now, I think I'll bounce on my ball for a bit. DH has volunteered to DTD again (we did on Friday), so if I'm up for it, that'll be on the schedule as well. SOOOO hoping to avoid induction!

@Kalush I bet your parents will be excited. :D Let us know how the reveal goes. I like the shirt idea.

@KatyW I'll find out my weight gain on Wednesday. I'm not sure how much I've gained. It's all in my tummy so far so that's good. :D I've noticed my bump is slowly moving up. I've had a roundness to the lower tummy for a while, but it's becoming rounder at the top now. I love it.

@Buttercup84 I totally understand wanting reassurance. I say have one at 8 weeks if it will make you feel better. My first appointment was at 10 weeks and it was so hard to wait. I imagine your symptoms will get stronger soon. :D

@melann13 That all sounds like so much work and hopefully progress! I really hope it happens naturally for you and SOON! :D

Melann, that sounds like progress, the pain of my labor was mostly in my back, and started with coming and going contractions, then ramped up within a day to full-blown, progressing labor. I hope this is it for you!

Hopeful, that sounds like a cute little bump!

Congrats to Kalush and Buttercup! I hope you ladies have an easy first trimester.

AFM, I forgot to mention I had a scan again and cervical length measurement; cervical measurement is perfect at this point, normal length, so fingers crossed I have no signs of incompetent cervix going forward from here (they're monitoring for this issue since I had spontaneous preterm delivery last time). And she's still a girl!

Just a note to say that I'm still here... Made it through the night waking up hourly just due to discomfort. Migraine this morning and more back and pelvic pain, but no real contractions. Hoping my body is at lead progressing so that induction is smoother if we end up that route.

I have had two bouts of pink discharge this morning. I've had lots of yellow and some brown in the last week, but this is the first pink. Lots of pressure down there and my migraine has not improved. Hoping the hormones are shifting (my migraines are usually estrogen induced) and things start to progress!

Hi ladies! I've been away for a few days. Was hoping to come back and see that Melann's little girl was here... but hang in there... she will be here soon!! Wishing you all the very best of luck!!

AFM, had my first shower this weekend and it was wonderful. Have another one in 3 weeks! Getting the nursery painted this week and all the furniture put in the room next weekend. Very anxious to start getting things set up. Had to call the nurse back today. The lab that did the GD test had misplaced the results. OB was able to track down and I "passed with flying colors!" So overall a really nice weekend!

Melann, when will they induce you? It didn't happen for me but i've heard of so many ladies on her going into labour the night before they were due to be induced, or even the morning of, so fc this happens for you if things don't start before :winkwink:

Melann, sounds like things are getting started, I really hope you deliver soon as I am sure it is exhausting. Hugs!

@KatyW Thanks! :D Yay for her still being a girl! Fingers crossed you continue to have no signs of incompetent cervix.

@melann13 Let us know what you hear at the appointment Tuesday. :thumbup: I hope you are showing some progress. Yay for the pink! I think you are on your way!

@kksy9b Yay for passing the GD test! :happydance: I bet getting the nursery together will feel amazing. Happy 30 weeks! 3/4 of the way finished!!

Bloody show yesterday and today, but at doc this morning I still have a closed cervix, although 80% effaced. Fluid is starting to get low and hospital is pretty booked, so I'm going in in 5 hours to start the ripening process and then pitocin. Very nervous. Pray for us!
It's surreal to have a timeline. Came home and repacked the hospital bag. I added lots to the labor bag since I'll be there starting this afternoon. Movies, games etc. I REALLY wanted to avoid induction, but certainly wouldn't put baby at risk. Hopefully she's here by tomorrow night!

All exciting stuff Melann. Can't wait to hear your next update (hopefully with baby news!)

So exciting! Can't wait to hear that your little girl is in your arms!

kksy - Glad your GD result were negative. Good luck with the nursery.

Good luck Melann! I had low fluid with DD aswell hence being induced 11 days over (they were going to make me wait until 14 days!) Hope your induction is fast and smooth and little Felicity arrives very soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->