BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Hey ladies, there was another thread that had about 10 links to different Chinese gender charts or quizzes and mine were predominantly girl like 6 or 7 out of 10... So who knows.

And tangerine, it might take a bit of convincing but I got my oh to stay team yellow!

I kind of want to find out ahead of time but we've chose to wait till birth to find out gender. Since I found out with both of mine it will be hard to not want that excitement before hand but I think since this will probably be last baby that it would be fun to wait.

I think morning sickness is worse this time - woke up dry heaving. So not fun! All worth it, though, just think it was a little easier the first time.

We are finding out the sex - it helps me visualize a little better and focus on coming up with one name rather than two (which is hard).

we must be strange then, :haha: we have 2 girls and 2 boys names already

:blush:

@daddiesgift I hope you get your girl!! :flower: I would really like to get a Doppler. I think it would be comforting to be able to hear baby. I'm sure all is fine. Pregnancies can be different and symptoms can come and go at times.

@Ameli I agree it's fun to use the predictor even if it's not always accurate. :thumbup:

@stargazer0726 I am so conflicted with what I want. I always wanted a girl when I was growing up. I've been blessed with two nieces and a nephew who I get to spend a lot of time with so I eventually felt that either would be fine. I would like to have a boy and girl. We need a boy to pass the name on as my husband is the last of his line of boys. No pressure! :haha:

@RaeChay I can't wait until you find out! :flower:

@Tangerine I totally agree about liking neutral things. I will get some of those to reuse as well once I start buying. I'll probably wait a while though. I think we'll get the swings/major purchases in neutral colors as well. Healthy is the only thing I'm wishing for too and I'll be happy with either. :thumbup:

@KatyW I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: You're right, though, it's totally worth it! It hasn't started for me yet, but I did feel nauseous briefly in the car yesterday. I think it was because I was hungry.

@magicwhisper :) We have a list of names, but nothing solidly picked. We have been working on the list for a while and there are some I don't even like now. I will be glad to have time to sort them all and choose the one I can live with forever.

General questions:

Is/has anyone took any of those tests that are supposed to give you early results on if it's a boy or girl? I think some involve peeing on different things and seeing which color the plant(?) turns? I'll have to look it up to be more specific. :haha: I've read about them before, but I'm not sure how accurate those are either.

When did you start to notice more severe symptoms? What about nausea specifically?

When did you go in for your first appointment?

Magicwhisper, that's great that you have names already. :) We're so indecisive. My husband is a fan of very traditional names whereas I like ones that he thinks are "strange." So meeting in the middle is always a challenge.

hopeful nausea hit me at 7 weeks
katy i hope you pick your names :haha:

@magic you're not weird. we had our names picked out in june last time and weren't pregnant til nov!! lol

we saved our boy name and never told a soul in case we have another and it's a boy. we have NO girl names as backup because my sil stole our other girl name.

I had no symptoms at all really in the beginning with dd minus the super tired. so i wouldn't know what to expect a second time around. af due next sat, testing on monday. (if i can hold out)

Hopeful: I think all of those early predictor tests are really just for fun too.
I was really lucky this pregnancy and avoided nausea, aside from when I went too long without eating. I just was tired and hungry all the time during 1st tri. I had my 1st dr's appt at 8 weeks.

Thanks, Hopeful, I would like to stop being couch-ridden. Praying my daughter and I can resume our normal getting out of the house routine tomorrow. It seems like every week I've been sick but have gotten a few days where I felt better too. The upside is that my husband is great, and has been doing extra chores and has had some special little outings with N.

I feel like my biggest piece of pregnancy advice is to always have food with you. Rice cakes have saved me from escalating nausea.

Mommyxofone, hope this is it for you. :)

Those tests are just for fun, still fun to do.

Both of my pregnancies were different. I had no symptoms with DS so if your lucky enough to have none, don't worry as you can still end up with a healthy child. This one nausea hit me at 4weeks to 8 then came back for week 10. I found constant eating was brilliant. I felt sick if I didn't eat every 10 minutes or so, so I didn't really have proper dinners for ages! My boobs were really sorry this time too, still are from time to time. Now I have back ache almost daily and general tiredness. Baby is moving more and isn't keeping me up as such, just find it very hard to get comfy or cool down as I constantly feel hot!

In England we do things differently from you guys. We wait for the midwife to contact us and then get our first appointment between weeks 8-10 usually. Some area's see them earlier some later, but most of us get our first scan at 12 weeks, unless something is wrong. I was just lucky that I got a scan at 6 and 9 weeks due to the first as they thought it was ectopic and second was just a follow up one, then I got my 12 week scan and an extra scan at 14 weeks due to bleeding. Next one is the standard 20 week scan.

My morning sickness started at 6 weeks, and I still get sick daily. At about 11 weeks I started taking a tablet for nausea. I was just prescribed nutritional supplement drinks because so far I've only gained 3 pounds. Its so hard for me to eat, I have no appitite. Hoping to hit a growth spurt in the 3rd trimester :)

I had my first appointment at 6+3 and was able to hear the heartbeat. I think it was a bit earlier than normal because I was seeing an RE, once I hit 8 weeks I was referred to a regular OB.

I bought a doppler off ebay after my first appointment, and was able to find her heartbeat at just 8 weeks! I used it everyday until I could feel her moving around.

@Hopeful, I think my worst nausea was from weeks 8-13. I still get it sometimes, but it's more indigestion. Too bad we don't live closer, I've been debating selling my doppler. I do want to use it to record my own HB for her first, but with the kicks, I don't really need it anymore.
I had my blood draws right away in weeks 4, but only because I was already scheduled for a Prog draw. First appt with the doc was at 8.5 weeks and he gave me an early scan due to my previous loss (and I think he knew I'd insist, I'm kind of persistent about stats and science). Otherwise I think my first appt would've been week 10. Every four weeks after that.

Hopeful my sister took two of those pee on something gender tests and she got one boy and one girl result :haha: she had a boy after two girls! I think ill be in shock if we have a girl. I want one but I've gotten so use to boys!

As far as names I think we have a girl name but not a boy name. I always wanted a Dominic so Dominic was Dominic from the time we found out boy! For Anthony we couldn't stop argueing so we came to an agreement on 10 names we both liked, we put them in a hat and let Dominic take two out. They were Anthony Lucas so that's Anthony's name! So Dominic got to pick just with some guidance since he couldn't talk yet :haha:

Kwaggy, I bet you will hit a growth spurt in the third trimester. Hoping that your appetite kicks in. I'm sure it's tough to still be feeling sick at times well into the second trimester.

Hmm, as for me, I just took the Chinese gender prediction test and it predicts a boy. I'm stuck on the couch again after a very sick weekend and my daughter is down for the night. Very fun to take these tests and trying to imagine whether it will be a boy or girl. The nerd in me needed to look up some things online, and I realize that soon, at 9 weeks or so, sex characteristics will start to be distinguished on the baby.

I'm curious, ladies, at what point did you tell people about your pregnancy? I'm in a tricky place, as my two best friends are both at a weird point for me to tell them. One had a miscarriage only 4 weeks ago, and the other underwent really extensive surgery that is probably going to make it nearly impossible to have another baby (last week). To say this is a bad time for them to hear this news in an understatement, but I also don't want to withhold from them either. Anyone dealt with something similar?

I told my sister and 1 friend early, but waited until 2nd tri to tell everyone else. My husband and I are also friends with a couple who had a MC and haven't been able to get pregnant since. With them we waited to tell them privately before we announced it to everyone else. It was tough, but they were happy for us and I think it was better for them to hear it directly.

Aliko- thanks! The cruise ship comment made me laugh! I did the gender prediction on two sites- one said girl other said boy.

My nausea began at about 6 weeks and stayed until 12 weeks where it was on/off until 14 weeks. Oddly enough, I could keep nausea away longer if I are a sausage mcmuffin without the cheese first thing lol. I had more symptoms during my TWW when I wasn't pregnant :)

I passed my glucose test- yay! But my bloods came back low so looks like I have mild anemia which I guess is common especially for twins. Bad news is that the pitting edema is starting in my feet so I get to wear the awesome compression stockings- they do feel better when I wear them though.

@hopeful- I had sore boobs/tiredness from the get-go. Nausea/vomiting lasted from about week 7, and only got worse until the end of week 12. I lost 7 pounds altogether in first tri... But gained 3 lbs back so far. I cannot tell you how relieving it feels to get hungry/be interested in food again! Still can't stomach chicken, or much meat though.

First appt was at ten weeks (aside from the appt to rule out ectopic at 7.5 weeks).

@KatyW: ugh, I'm sorry. I had a somewhat similar situation... My SIL got married later in life (39) and has been TTC since. She's had two miscarriages, both at 12 weeks. The most recent MC was in April. She turned 41 the exact day of our 12 week mark, when we would be telling people. So I actually skipped her bday (they live 4.5 hours away so it wasn't that big a deal, but I felt bad) so that I didn't have to field questions about why I wasn't drinking, etc. This was all just to find out one week later that my MIL had taken it upon herself to tell my SIL without our leave. So then I saw SIL one week later (not knowing MIL told) and just felt bad after finding out. Ugh. But to answer your original question, we have only started to tell friends/my side of the family yesterday (14 weeks). I probably would've waited even later if there wasn't social events lately...I have waited so long to tell that I've realized I'm starting to enjoy having a secret :) and of course this has meant loose clothing!

We told my parents right away as they knew about our previous loss. I told my best friend and DH's parents after our early ultrasound at 8.5 weeks. We told a few others around 10 weeks after hearing the HB with the Doppler and gradually spilled the beans from there. We didn't go FB wide until about 17 weeks. My BFF and her DH have been trying for a little bit, but I wanted to make sure she heard it straight from me and not through the grapevine. I do think that if someone has had a loss it's a lot better if they hear it from you directly as they don't have to have a big fake reaction in front of other people. We still don't put much on FB as I know so many people who are trying/had losses. It's not like it's a secret, but it's not something they need to see everytime they look at their newsfeed.

Morning sickness (well evening for me) started about week 7 and lasted till about week 12/13 although eating mash potato helped lots haha. Mega sore boobs until same kind of time although they still keep growing :blush:.

We told very close friends and parents at about 6 weeks (very early I know but I work in a lab) everyone else was after our first scan (13weeks)

Baby is really active now :flower: kicks are really strong and I can notice a pattern around the times of day she is more active.

Its nice to have this thread to say this stuff in :hugs::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->