BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Hopeful- that is exactly how my tests looked as well...light on 14dpo..darker than the control on 20 dpo...beautiful progression! Have you decided when you're going to call your doctor?

Good progression Hopeful!

Magicwhisper- so sorry!

Found out yesterday I won't get my first ultrasound till 18-20 weeks :cry:

Good progression Hopeful. The hook effect doesn't come into effect until about week 8 and remains for the rest of the pregnancy.

Sorry your having a hard time Magicwhisper

daddiesgift thats horrible. Does your insurance only cover one?

Yeah they only cover one unless medically necessary which I doubt I'll get any more. I guess we could pay for one but idk. I'm just going to hope I can get an early one :nope:

Standard here is the same...only one u/s unless medically nescesary. I went to the ER at 9 weeks because I couldn't even take a sip of water without throwing up and they ended up doing an ultrasound just to check. :) made me feel lots better. U could always use my SIL says..."I'm having cramps."

Random science note re: the high-dose hook effect. If you want to see a good positive for whatever reason (just for fun, selling it on Craig's List, whatever...) all you have to do is pee in a cup and dilute the urine with water to lower the hCG concentration.

@daddiesgift- oh no sweety thats a long wait! can you possibly change it to at least 12 weeks? if not are there any clinics in your area that does u/s at a low price? :hugs:

@kksy9b Thanks! :) I loved seeing the progression and I really hope it means this will be our baby! I'll probably call at the end of the week. I'm deciding which doctor I will go see. I hear great things about one lady who I hope will see us soon! How are you?

@daddiesgift Oh no! I know that's awful. I hope you can manage to get in earlier! :hugs:

@mummy2o Thanks! :)

@ClandestineTX Thanks! I read that, but I was so nervous to see any faint lines at this point and didn't know if I should use the water yet. :dohh: Should I have dark lines until 8 weeks then? I'm considering saving the last digital for a while to show parents under the strictest policy that they tell no one else.

I found a neat site that has a 'manly' list of items that are comparable to the size of baby week to week. "Baby Size Guide for Soon-to-be Fathers" I think it's actually quite helpful. :)

@kksy9b Thanks! :) I loved seeing the progression and I really hope it means this will be our baby! I'll probably call at the end of the week. I'm deciding which doctor I will go see. I hear great things about one lady who I hope will see us soon! How are you?

I found a neat site that has a 'manly' list of items that are comparable to the size of baby week to week. "Baby Size Guide for Soon-to-be Fathers" I think it's actually quite helpful. :)

I'm glad to hear that youre starting to feel a little better about the pregnancy! Crossing all my fingers and toes that this is your sticky bean! How have you been feeling? Any symptoms yet? I am doing well, thanks for asking! I'm 15 weeks and loving the second trimester so far! I'm not really showing much but my pants are tight enough now that I'm looking for maternity pants to make the switch from the " rubber band" method. When I lay flat and still for awhile I think I have felt some flutters a couple of times, but may have just been gas :dohh:

And that list is great! I'll have to show it to my hubby :)

Well I was told I could get an early one if I said I didn't know my lmp. I feel bad lying, what if it backfires! Or if I say I'm cramping what if they say I can't birth there. Silly I know but you have to be LOW LOW risk to give birth at this birth center. So I don't really want to lie. BUT there could be a loop hole :haha: I stopped birth control that month, had TWO periods and pink spoting so maybe that will make them want to check for dating purposes? Idk but I hope! And its not lying. Although I was taking opks so I know when I conceived but ill leave that part out. :dohh:

Hopeful- awesome progression! I remember taking a frer at 20 dpo and freaking that it was now lighter than the control, then realizing the test was upside down and the pregnant line was much darker lol

Also- I had my growth scan- I'm 27 weeks and baby A is 2lbs 7oz and baby B is 2lbs 12oz!

Fantastic want2bemommy! That's like the size of a singleton isn't it?
Very happy for you! I can't remember how much a twin due date differs from a singleton, is it 38 weeks?

I think it's big even for singleton! Average is 2lbs 2oz �� 36-38 is ideal for twins

Well I was told I could get an early one if I said I didn't know my lmp. I feel bad lying, what if it backfires! Or if I say I'm cramping what if they say I can't birth there. Silly I know but you have to be LOW LOW risk to give birth at this birth center. So I don't really want to lie. BUT there could be a loop hole :haha: I stopped birth control that month, had TWO periods and pink spoting so maybe that will make them want to check for dating purposes? Idk but I hope! And its not lying. Although I was taking opks so I know when I conceived but ill leave that part out. :dohh:

I got my early ultrasound by saying that I have longer cycles that vary by length. I had to push a little bit but the doctor did order one. I didn't really lie, ever since I stopped taking bc my cycles got progressively longer every month and the one before I got pregnant was 30 days. I just left out the fact that I was using opks :) my ultrasound did date the baby a few days behind my lmp but my dr said they don't change the due date unless it dates more than 10 days :)

I already got my flu shot. I usually don't, but last year I was pregnant, so I did (MC'd shortly there after). Got mine this time about a month ago already, just had them give it to me at my monthly OB appt.

i didn't get one when i was pg. i actually have never had the flu shot in my life. and i've only had the flu twice.

I'm a nurse doing the flu shot clinics here in Canada, got mine on my first shift! Important to get it ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->