BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I had my first BH last night yay. Only lasted 15 minutes, 2 minutes apart and lasting no longer than 10 seconds each but I hate the pain (I have the lowest pain threshold in the world) but hoping its a step in the right direction as I never had any with DS. Also sweep on Thursday. All going in the right direction. I also wonder if any of the April mums will give birth before me. Loads of March babies came in Feb!

@mummy2o I've been wondering about our March ladies! I hope the BH and other contractions are not too bad on you. I can't imagine what that will be like yet. I know you were hoping to wait it out until your mom's birthday, but do you think you'll be soon? :flower: It's so exciting!

@chulie How are you? Any signs? :flower:

AFM I'm double digits today! :happydance:

Hopeful- congratulations on double digits!!! And you're almost to third tri! It seems to be going by so fast! Have you started getting anything ready for Emma?

AFM, went to doctor yesterday and baby has finally flipped head down? 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Grew 3cm in last 2 weeks and is measuring at 34 weeks...fine with me though- he caught up a bit..if he had fallen anymore back they would have sent me for a growth scan bit now he's back on target for him. Its been a really rough week so far. We had to suddenly put our dog to sleep Sunday and my mom slipped on ice and broke her leg . Good news about the baby has really helped take some of the stress away!

@kksy9b Thanks! :D It really does seem to be going fast. Some days are so long and some fly by. We have the crib, mattress, some clothes, diapers, and wipes. However, we still need to put the crib together. I have a list of things that need to be finished! :dohh: I have the motivation and time, but it's hard to get started. I'm hoping to get the car seat and stroller soon. My baby shower will be in April so we'll get everything else we need afterwards. My hope is to have everything ready by the beginning of May.

That's great news about him flipping head down and about the growth! You're almost there! You're under a month now!! :happydance:

:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and your mom. Pets are like family so I know that is a very hard thing to do. I hope your mom gets better soon.

Congrats on double figures hopeful and congrats on 30 weeks magicwhisper.

AFM: My nipples are sore today, plus I can hardly walk. I'm in so much pain when I walk I feel like crying. Going to mention that to the midwife this afternoon when I go in for my sweep. Of course some days are better than others but mainly its so painful, which I really don't think is normal. We'll see what they can do though as I'm not having 3 more weeks of not walking. They tend to induce you in the UK about 12 days overdue.

@mummy2o Thanks! :D I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Hopefully your midwife can do something or offer some advice. Good luck with the sweep. Let us know how you are. :friends:

Congrats,Ourlilflu!

Hopeful, I have the Ameda double electric pump. The Medela is great of course, but I liked the price of the Ameda since we bought it ourselves. Oh and I love the Aden and Anais swaddled, not cheap for blankets but they are worth the price. Definitely put them on a registry if you are having a shower.

im good, crazy tired half the time but thats to be expected. it feels like we are so not organised#1 but really we just need a few things nnow. its a shame money is tight right noe cos i want to buy stuff now :rofl:

I'm also having pains for being this early! She must be really snug deep down in there as I didn't have these pains with the boys till late pregnancy. Just an overall heavy feeling in the vagina, like someone's kicked me really hard, and I can't cross my legs or walk with them too close together or my vagina hurts! It's not really "the bump" as it doesn't feel heavy and I have no back pain. It hasn't gotten so big its in the way yet :haha:

I had a first years pump. Absolute crap! This time a friend gave me a medela.. I'll have to look which one. Insurance covered one for her after she already got one so she gave it to me for free! Although I'm really trying not to pump at all this time till my body regulates itself which in my case seems to take forever! But I was so engorged with #2 and people told me to pump to have relief. That back fired and made things worse!

Insurance has to at least cover a base model- for me it's the Medela Harmony single manual. I had to wait til she was born so a doc could write a Rx. Also call your insurance and see if there are any special programs that could get you a better one. My insurance has a program where they call every trimester to check on your mental state and homelife and they have a form where you keep track of all your appts including the postpartum. The doc signs it at the end saying that you came to all of them and then they send me a Medela Freestyle double electric. I think the program is intended for low income/ high risk, but they couldn't tell me I couldn't participate. I've been using the manual one successful to get a freezer supply and once the electric comes Ill use that at work.

I have the medela in style advanced double pump electric. Came free through insurance and doctor was able to write the script before baby was born. A lot of it just has to do with what insurance company you have and what supplier you have to go through. But definitely call and find out- like melann said- they have to provide at least a base model and you might find out there are some really nice ones available!

Just got back from my sweep. Wasn't to bad, minus my cervix is to closed to break my waters. Having another on Monday at 9am. If by the consultant it doesn't open it looks like another section for me. Not sure what to make of it all, but at least the end of the line is in sight.

hopeful- hooray for double digits! it will go by fast. i started my countdown at 100 days. now i have 31 days till im fullterm and 51 days until my due date lol :haha:.

kksy- im sry to hear what happened :hugs:. but im sure the excellent news about your lil guy helped in some way. so happy to hear he flipped for you.

mummy2o- aww sry your in pain. i hope everything works out good. thinking of you :flower:

can i get in on the pump talk? haha. i wish i was in the states to recieve a free pump im so jealous :). i bought a single electric pump by a japanese brand called pigeon and it got pretty good reviews online so im praying it works. if not then i guess i'll have to go all out and buy a good medela which retails for $300+ yikes!

@KatyW Thanks! :thumbup: I'll look into those brands. Would you say the Ameda works good? I'm not sure how much I would like to spend on a pump as I'm not sure how much I'll use it at first.

@magicwhisper I really need to start getting more organized! The weather has delayed me some because I haven't felt like getting out in the snow/ice and because we can't move certain things in and out. We're starting to discuss and plan everything. I really don't think it will take us long once we get going. :thumbup: Are you getting everything settled in now that your mom brought it over? I totally understand wanting to buy everything now! I'm trying to wait for some things until after my shower.

@daddiesgift How long should you wait to pump or for your body to regulate before starting? I'll probably try to breastfeed exclusively at first and see what happens. Emma stays very low down as well. I mainly feel all the movements low still. I love when she goes higher and I can actually see them by my belly button. :D I hope the heavy feeling eases for you.

@melann13 I've been meaning to check with my insurance to see what they offer. :thumbup: When do you think I should call? I've heard a lot of them make you wait until baby is here. What do you think of using a manual model?

@kksy9b Oh! I hope they let me have mine before baby is here too. I'd like to figure it out before I actually need to use it. How's your mom? Good, I hope. :flower:

@mummy2o Happy 39 weeks!! :happydance: I hope it opens for you and that it goes as easily as possible. The end of the line is in sight!

@ALiKO Wow! That sounds so much closer when you say it like that. :D Let us know what you think about the pump when you use it. I can't believe our insurance is finally giving free pumps. I'm sorry they don't offer it there too.

@Hopeful, the manual works fine for me, but I have very fast flow. Right now I'm just pumping one side once a day just to build a freezer supply. Next week I'll be pumping while she's in daycare. I think it would get frustrating doing it multiple times a day. My double electic came already today but I haven't used it yet because I need to sanitize it. I'm hoping to work out a hands free system... They sell bra things to do it... We'll see. I've also heard people say just to cut holes in a sports bra.

@melann13 I've wondered what the best option for a hands free system would be too. It always looks like they are just hanging, but there has to be a better way. :haha: Are you going back to work next week?

Ladies, what types/brands of sanitizers do you recommend for cleaning pumps/bottles? I've heard of actual sanitizers and of people just washing them as well. Opinions?

Hey ladies I'm just stopping in to say hey. Can't believe I'm already 10 weeks. I hope you are all doing well. I ordered a medela manual pump and an electric single pump. My father in law is a preacher and he has this membership through this company where they get products and sell them cheaper the manual pump was $4 and the electric was $50 both are medela.

Hopeful, I thought the Ameda was comparable to the Medela, just a little louder, and didn't come in a little backpack thing. I pumped exclusively for a few months with it, around the clock.

I just boiled parts and then washed them after that. Hot soapy water. And washed hands, etc before and after pumping.

Daddies gift, yeah that was awful advice to pump to relieve oversupply and engorged breast s. I pumped to increase my supply, so it works in reverse. Oh man, I forgot about breast pads, nipple cream, etc. Ha.

Anyone have favorite bottles? Especially if you breastfed with the occasional bottle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->