BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

thanks for sharing ladies the pics of your babies are gorgeous!

AFM im so excited my ticker just moved up to the last box, eek! i've been waiting months for that, and now im so anxious to get things started with labor spotting next week! hoping walking, a daily stretching routine, and heavy housework and cleaning will help encourage baby girl to come out. if i get desperate definitely daily DTD and hoping adding hot baths to my above routine will do the trick. :)

and GL to all you other ladies hoping everything is going well for you all :hugs: :flower:

She will be here before you know it Aliko! And hopefully your routine will help encourage her along!

We are still just waiting for baby boy to make his appearance! We were really hoping for a March baby but he is still nestled really high in my ribs and looking like he will make it to (or past) his due date. That's okay though...other than having trouble sleeping (its 3 am here and i'm on BNB...) I'm not uncomfortable or anything so if he wants some extra time, I will TRY to be patient ... :)

Ooh! Labour watch is exciting! Can't wait to hear about it ladies, make sure you don't overdo it on all the labour inducing activities! You need rest too incase you end up with a 42 hour hard labour like me!

We made our announcement today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
Cute announcement (and bump!) athena!

Just wanted to let everyone know I heard from hopeful. She and her husband are in need of some prayers. I'll let her explain everything when she comes back, but I know everyone was worried so I thought I'd let y'all know.

kksy- any news? oh i hope he comes soon for you!

athena- awesome announcement and bump pic, you are glowing girly :). and thanks for the update on hopeful. cant wait till she comes back and im definitely sending prayers her way.

Will be praying for Hopeful...

Cute pics Athena.
Careful with all the labor induction stuff. I got more frustrated because I tried it all and nothing helped. I drank more Raspberry Leaf Tea than any human should, did hard housework, bounced incessantly on the yoga ball, acupressure, DTD, long walks, curry, Mexican food, pedicure, etc etc etc. Still ended up induced at 41+2. And yes, when that long labor comes around you may wish you had a bit more energy. Mine was 39 hours, but didn't seem that long and I was fine, but others are not so fortunate. Do the things that may not happen after baby. The pedicure was nice, painting my fingernails as well, reading a funny book- I recommend the Waverly Bryson series (she's the main character- they're very light fun reads, I finished the last one while in labor and I think you can get one free if you're a Prime Kindle user). I'm also glad we DTD up until the end as it's taking awhile longer than I expected to get back to it. I did have an episiotomy, so it's made me very nervous. We finally tried yesterday and got pretty far, but were unable to finish as I was getting sore and uncomfortable down there. Just makes me happy I didn't write it off at 3rd tri. We did it at 41weeks if I remember right ;)
You can do everything you want to induce, but don't get depressed if it doesn't work.
Have fun labor spotting!

Good job on the announcement and your bump is definitely cute!
Thanks for updating on hopeful, they are in my thoughts.

So I went for the growth scan today, and our little girl is huge. They scheduled another appointment for me next week to rule out issues with blood sugar I think. Her femur and belly size at least match in size, so she is proportionately large. I will.probably have a 9 pounder if I make it to close to my due date. Oh boy!! My husband was 9.5 lbs at birth so she could be following in his footsteps..

Good news is that my cervix is still a normal length. Yay!

Episiotomy recovery does take some time, I went through it a few yrs ago. Good advice on having fun times with your significant other pre baby. It can take awhile to get going with it again post delivery / due to sleep deprivation....

No news over here! trying not to overdo it too much. Just DTD and walking really to encourage labor.. otherwise letting him decide when he's ready. He was measuring at a little under 6 1/2 lbs and 10 days back at his last scan, so if he wants some extra time then I'm okay with that! My doctor said my cervix is favorable and would be fine with scheduling an induction anytime after my due date (tomorrow). We're going to give him about a week and a half over (as long as he passes the stress test next week) before inducing. So no matter we are down to 11 days and counting!

melann/ourlilflu- thanks for the advice ladies! i understand what you guys are saying. its just that im so close that i can almost see the finish line and am so anxious to get there, but i should take it easy and make sure i get some rest in. my cousin said what did the trick for her was constant :sex:, long walks, and hot baths. she also had a sweep done at 38wks 5days and went into labor exactly 2 days later at 39wks, ah if only it were that simple haha :haha:.
melann i do agree with DTD as much as we can until the last minute. i have no idea how long my recovery may be so hubby better“get the getting while the getting is good”:blush: :haha:

kksy- aww he's so cozy in there it seems. are you going for a natural birth? or you just do not care either way? i guess he chose april over march hehe

katyw- 9 pounder wow makes me scared! my DH was around 6 pounds and a few ounces i was 7 pounds 14 ounces and lil lady has been measuring pretty average in the 50th percentile so im guessing she'll be around 6 to 7 pounds at birth and even that sends me into a panic :o

39 HOUR LABOR???!!! Good god I couldnt even imagine being in pain that long! Thats my worse fear, long labor, csection and episiotomies. No matter how many kids you have I think you always have a little fear of the unknown. But I will say... KNOCK ON WOOD...that for me things have been fairly easy. Both labors from time I noticed something was off till they were in my arms was all under 7 hours. I never had any complications and dont think I ever pushed that long. I tore both times but the first wasnt so bad at all..he was only 7 pounds. The second I tore worse but he was nearly two pounds more :haha: It was still not a bad recovery. Just not comfortable when I peed :winkwink:

So Im REALLY REALLY hoping this time follows about the same standard Im use to! I know Id never make it over 24 hours without pain meds. Id say maaaybe 12 at most :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->