'Big' girls support thread!

That's weird JNA my doctor told me if I ate right I SHOULD lose weight during the pregnancy (... which I have not lost any haha) but that's interesting about the baby eating off fat stores instead of glucose or whatever. Hope it works out fine either way, I can't see why if your eating right there would be a problem.

I've been stalking this thread for a few days but haven't introduced myself, I'm overweight and have been a long time and in January I made up my mind I wanted to lose weight.. I did a decent job but then got pregnant in May/June so have been having all the worries of having problems because I started out so overweight. The articles and things people say are horrible. So far (knock on wood) things have been going ok, I did show traces of glucose in my urine last dr. appointment so I'm going for the test in a couple weeks anyway... we'll see how that goes.

Anyway all you ladies seem lovely and I hope you don't mind me joining :)

Welcome Meghan your so close to meeting you lo. Did you stop worrying once you got to the 2nd tri or are you still on edge.

My dr is worried because there was something in my urine sample that suggested rapid weight lose. I dont know what it was called as I was in shock and trying not to freak out. So im eating everything in sight. Trying to keep it healthy minus the McDonald's breakfast I had after I left the appointment.

JNA- how weird I hope it's nothing bad, are they running more tests or waiting till ur next appointment to check how it goes? Isn't the worrying while pregnant insane?! I thought I would feel better now that he has had his V-day and in the second trimester and whatnot but I still worry all the time! Everything sets me off, I walk with my dog and I worry I'll fall down and hurt the baby.. or walking down stairs... or not feeling him kick enough.. I don't know if it will ever end! Lol

Hello Ladies,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have been fighting a stomach bug for the last three days and it hasn't been fun. It's been good for the weight loss though. According to my mom's scales, which I don't know if they are accurate, I have lost five pound in the last two days. I am down in the 240's again. I have really come to accept the fact that it might be a while before I get to be a parent. Thankfully my life is full of kids that can help me get that fix. The weight loss will go a long way in helping me be healthier when I do get pregnant. My mom is very strict in how much I can eat and that is very annoying. She keeps telling me that I am never going to get pregnant as long as I am overweight. I can't get her to understand that I can get pregnant but the baby just doesn't stick very long. We have to stay with them till our house is ready for us to move in. I can't wait to get out of here. There is no privacy and we have had little quiet time together. There is hardly ever a time when we are both home and alone. It's great that they are letting us stay with them, but I am more than ready to be in my own house again. I am posting a few pictures. The first one is in early October and I just took the last one today. My belly is getting much flatter thankfully.

https://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/julie19752/Pregnancy/010.jpg

https://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/julie19752/009.jpg

Hi girls, sorry I haven't been on here for a few weeks. I had my scan at 13+3, here's the pics :cloud9: baby has its hand by its face making its nose look really long :haha: in the second pic he/she is swallowing amniotic fluid :D

Attachments

• 13+3 scan.jpg
    13+3 scan.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
So last night I had some discharge that looked just like water. It had no sent but my mom swears up and down it was pee lol. Im trying to keep may cool because im so sick of worrying about every little thing. Plus im out of town and I dont want to go to just any dr.
Good news my daddy bought me krispy kreme donuts and they are delicious. They are helping me fight off the keytones that are making me lose weight even though I dont see any weight loss.
I was told if my keytone levels go any higher I have to go to the hospital. Why I dont know Im calling first thing in the morning to bug my nurses.

Anything new with you girls?

Nice pics Lover

Nice pic lover....

hello Meghan....I am carole

JNA...I had that a few weeks ago with wetness instantly and thought it was a leak in my sac. Spent 5 hours at the hosp and had a quickie scan, had a pap and all was good. Must have been a leak of urine...talk about sexy. LOL...I am sure thats all it is.

AFM...I lost 5lbs when I went to Dr yesterday and got my gest diabetes test result back and they are neg. YAY....still have to go for the two hour again at 26w as I was red flagged with the hour one already.

Hope all u ladies are doing great.

JNA- they keytones are a carb thing I thought?!? The Krispy kreme will help with that! I almost sent myself into a diabetic coma with those when I was pregnant because we were on a trip and we saw a place that sold them... because you can't get them around here... I ate a whole half dozen by myself for breakfast :blush: And the leaking thing... my doc said that was normal... which sucks huh lol apparently when your pregnant your just expected to randomly pee on yourself a little :D

Older mother- I'm happy your losing weight!!! And I know it stinks staying with other people but your own place will be ready soon right?!?!

Carole- Yay for the neg test!!!! I hope your next one is neg too!

Lover- Payson had her hands up by her stinkin face the whole pregnancy... could never get a good picture! and now she still sleeps like that! I love your scan pics though!

Hi Meghan!

AFM- not much new :| tired lol. BUt Payson is SO CUTE! I'm going to post pics asap!!

morning girls, IM 12 WEEKS TODAY!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
im soo happy i have made it to this point! now do i cheat and go to tri2 today or wait until next saturday, when did/is everyone else going over?

Congrats on 12w soontobe....I went at 14? LOL...maybe in canada it's later. ha. I see all kinds of girls going over early, who cares.

Claire...can't wait to see your princess, she is a beauty.

Well yesterday was Thanksgiving and I ate soo much food. I kept going in the kitchen befor everything was done to pick off of the ham. Everyone gave me shady looks but keep feeding me because of the little angel im growing.
My dad is finally excited about being a papaw!!! I look pregnant now to I have to post a pic once I get dressed
I stayed out till 2 am playing cards and watching people get drunk. I was so tempted to smoke a cig. Wow second trimester her I come. I want my belly to be completely hard and I cant wait to feel him/her move. Ahhh im going to be a mom its starting to hit me now.

i know what you mean jna, its hit me aswell, like a tonne of bricks! not long now until christmas is over with and i can start buying :happydance:

I cant wait to shop!!!
Today is NOT going to be a good day for me. I have been up since 5 am puking. I had this terrible migraine when I woke up from my nap yesterday and now im sick as a dog. Can we take nausea meds?

I cant wait to shop!!!
Today is NOT going to be a good day for me. I have been up since 5 am puking. I had this terrible migraine when I woke up from my nap yesterday and now im sick as a dog. Can we take nausea meds?

aww hun, im not too sure on the ones over there, maybe give your mw a ring and just check with her, can you get sickness bands?

I just drank ginger ale to settle my tummy. Not too nauseated today just tired. Then again I haven't eaten anything yet lol. I have soooo much homework to do and turn in tue and I have yet to start :( I dont think I like being pregnant all that much anymore. When will I get my energy back?

haha i could have written that myself (about the energy!)
i put a really moaning status on fb in hope that it will get rid of my sickness, give me some energy and make me glow...it isnt working so far :dohh:

hello ladies :) I just found this thread and thought I would drop in and say hello. Im about a US size 18. I just had my little man just over 2 years ago so between the bloat I already look about 5 months, but it looks like chunk not baby belly. Hope this time around Ill have a little girl. My 8 year old daughter had 3 half brothers and 2 step brothers...she is praying for a sister lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->