Birthday Parties and Christmas

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which section this would be best in so please move if need be! :)

My DD's birthday is the 21st December, if she has a party this year it would be on the 22nd. Would you put your child to a party then or are you usually too busy with traditions or prepping and the likes? I'm not sure if it would be best to do it the week before. Thanks!

I'd go to it

If nothing else but for a free activity during all.the emense spending

I would go to it :)

my DD is 31st December so I feel your pain with the party planning! :haha: I have just booked her party for the 13th January just so it's out of the way of Christmas and NY!

I'd happily send DD. My nephew's birthday is on the 17th and they've always had a party on or around that date and they've never had a problem with his friends not being able to go.

I don’t think it’s too close to the big day . We are usually busy from Christmas Eve up until day after Boxing Day !

I’m sure with enough notice people would still go, I would take my girls given the fact it’s half term for us around that time too!

Thanks, everyone! It is the day after school/nursery finishes up and the weekend. My mum said she would've sent us to get a couple of hours peace to finish shopping or wrap things etc but I really wasn't sure what others tend to do! Now I just hope the place I want to do it at is still open for parties on that day... :dohh:

I would go to it :)

my DD is 31st December so I feel your pain with the party planning! :haha: I have just booked her party for the 13th January just so it's out of the way of Christmas and NY!

It's so stressful even months before haha! This is her first year she's actually made friends with other kids instead of adults though and there's only three of them so it would be great if all three could attend!

My birthday is in December and it’s always overlooked so would definitely take my child to a birthday party to help make that child feel special

I would go but would be best to get invites out on the early side

Do it for sure :) dd1's birthday is 19th december and we've had several well attended parties close to that date.
As another poster mentioned I think people are glad of a cheap activity (just the present to buy) for the kids at an expensive time of year ;)
This year dd1 wants a build a bear party so I'll be moving it earlier in the month due to their party availability being limited in December.

I'd do it as be nice for children during the lead up to have a party to go too...

I would try to get there but we do tend to book days out the weekend before Xmas.

Maybe sound it out to a few of the school mums/dads.
My DDs had their party the week after going back to school. So I spoke to a few during the summer holidays and gave them the heads up as I wouldn't be seeing most of them until we went back to school.
X

I would put my child as someone else said if nothing else for a free activity when everything else is so bloomin expensive as bad as that sounds!
I'd probably check that her best friends are free a while before though just so you know you will definitely have some kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->