Birthday parties ........guests with siblings

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I am costing out LO birthday and she has a list of friends she wants to invite....now the thing is that its £14 a child at the place we are having it at - a min 12. And so far we do have 10 names...........problems are that 3 of those names have siblings who are not really her friends, but given that all the kids parents have 1 parent in the oil industry there is a chance that they will have to come.
This gets charged extra on the day........we will already be paying £168 for her party(its her last solo one as with #2 baby coming only 2 weeks before her birthday we will just do joint ones from now on).

How do I handle this?

I would only invite your LOs friends on the invite.

I would have to take W to a soft play party River was invited too but would fully expect to have to pay for her entrence myself.

The invite is for friends only. If someone invited my daughter to a party I wouldn't expect my two sons would be able to attend as well.

All the parties we've been to I've taken roman but not been asked to pay (prob cos he's a baby?) But I take my own food and drink for him.

I don't think it would be reasonable to expect you to invite friends siblings. That would get very expensive! I personally would just invite your LO's friends.

is it somewhere tgerr parents coud pay for tgerr siblings to go in? i don't think its fair you should pay id just invite friends only. id never expect any siblings lo has tplo go to a party he's invited to.

Friends only x That is what I did --many had to bring siblings but I didn't pay for them. Their parents did x

is it somewhere tgerr parents coud pay for tgerr siblings to go in? i don't think its fair you should pay id just invite friends only. id never expect any siblings lo has tplo go to a party he's invited to.

Oh yeah they can pay to get in to play easily. The only issue is that a) it coul dbe full capacity....and so of course the party kids get in but the siblings might not. Its in the country so not like you can just nip to somewhere else. and b) Im soft and am scared of hurting their feelings..............daft me!
Its cos Emma when she was little had to come with my friend to collect her daughters from a party and they were nice and let LO have a wee dance before they all went home and LO was upset she didnt get a party bag and the likes (she was only just 2).

Im sure babies will be free though......

Just invite your LOs friends. Do you think their mothers would invite her to her friend's sibling's partys?

I agree with the other ladies - you shouldn't have to pay for siblings.

In view of what you said about your LO and party bags, do you have to do them? You could possibly just give everybody a piece of bithday cake to take home (possibly with a small gift, like a pot of bubbles or something) and you could include the siblings in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->