Bit of a dilemna

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
My stepson will be with us for Christmas Day...not sure if it's early morning or what not.

He's 11 and has allocated a Christmas stocking for himself so now I have to buy stocking stuffers for him.

Now, in the past, I always got an equal number between my kids and stepkids. Until last year of which I didn't do so.......and because we didn't have them Christmas morning anyhow. Keep in mind, they get two Christmas'

I made it so that the stepkids get less this year but of something they want.

Jordan will have 4-5 gifts, one of being a playstation 3 which he wants and which OH wants to get him. If he's here opening gifts with my kids, he will not have near the same amount to open. Yet, the cost of the playstation plus games will be around the same much as what I've bought the other kids.

Think he will understand and appreciate what he's got?

i think he should playsations aint cheap x x

Yeah i think he's just about old enough to get it, he should be fine hun

i think he should playsations aint cheap x x

just read my post back i was feeding jack and it seems quite abrupt. sorry

what i meant was

i think he should understand, playstaitions arent cheap to buy and at 11 he should have a little understanding x

If he were Jayden and Amanda's age youd be in for it lol

At 11 I think he is more than old enough to understand. Maybe if you wrap everything seperatly like each game or whatever so it looks like more. Thats what my mom used to do and we never knew the difference!

He should understand , like Clairbear says there not the cheapest things to buy! :)

At 11 I think he is more than old enough to understand. Maybe if you wrap everything seperatly like each game or whatever so it looks like more. Thats what my mom used to do and we never knew the difference!

^Yeah, I always do this so it looks like they got more stuff. LOL

Agree with the others, at his age he should understand! And it's not like he's not getting nice gifts from you guys!

I'll leave it then :) I remember scrambling one Christmas because we found out at the last moment that all the kids would be here Christmas morning. So out I went shopping on Christmas Eve day to make sure they all had equal stuff, came home, wrapped the gifts......and....

Do you know what happened? They all decided they wanted to go home on Christmas evening. :dohh:

I am not going to do this again and I sure would hope that there is understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"