Bit of a nightmare day y'day...had to go to hospital to get checked out...

lili_angel

New Mummy!! Can't Wait!!
Reaction score
I was getting changed when I felt wet all of a sudden & some fluid came out of my vagina. I waddled into the toilet still dripping thinking that maybe I had pissed myself? :blush: But when I wiped it was clearer fluid. Luckily my Mum was over that morning to visit & I told her also mentioning the tummy aches & back pain I'd been experiencing the past few days & she suggested I call the doctors for advice.

I had a nurse call me back once I had left a message to get advice & she asked a few questions & was concerned that I was experiencing some form of contractions & my waters had broke. :nope: She told me to call my midwife from the doctors or the midwifery unit at the hospital but if I couldn't get through I was to go to the hospital to get checked out. Tbh, I only called the unit (with no answer) & didn't bother calling my midwife (as she probably wouldn't answer her phone) so went straight to the hospital.

Bit of a fiasco at the epu as waited for an hr before they realised they hadn't actually booked me in. :growlmad: So I ended up waiting nearly 3 hours to be seen. I got really uncomfortable so the nurse let me lie down in a room. I got seen shortly after by the doctor & she had to do an internal examination which was extremely painful. I had my Mum holding my hand & I was sobbing & part of me feels I should've been more brave about it all.

I then had to give a wee sample & they took me into another room to do an internal scan but because I was in pain from the examination they did an ordinary scan & lo & behold LO :baby: was doing someraults, kicks, punches, headbanging etc etc & there was plenty of fluid. The sonographer did comment that the placenta looked like it had moved over the cervix (thus maybe causing a leakage of fluid) & that it was something they would confirm at my 20wk scan on the 28th.

The doctor was concerned about my stress levels especially at work because I am a store mgr & was told to take it easy. :coffee:

I am sore today & feel quite tired. It's made me realise how I should take it more easily & I think it gave my OH a jolt as to how he needed to be more wary of my wellbeing as he has been quite involved in his hobbies/job lately.

Still feel a weepy :cry: about it all but should really 'man up' shouldn't I?! :dohh:

im not suprised you feel weepy, i would you poor thing what an ordeal, glad to hear all is ok and you got a little look at the baby that must have made you feel a little better

it's a relief to learn that all is ok. Relax and you and bb'll be just fine!

:hugs: I don't blame you at all for being scared! I would have been too! I am so glad it turned out to be ok and I hope you won't have more pains now. :hugs:

im not suprised you feel weepy, i would you poor thing what an ordeal, glad to hear all is ok and you got a little look at the baby that must have made you feel a little better

Yeah it was lovely & a nice surprise to see LO a week earlier than my scheduled scan. I was surprised as to how big he/she had got! I guess I just feel a bit fragile emotionally & need to give myself a bit more credit.

:hugs: I don't blame you at all for being scared! I would have been too! I am so glad it turned out to be ok and I hope you won't have more pains now. :hugs:

Thanks honey...I like to think I had a guardian angel watching over me...I just feel a bit delicate today....taking it as easy as possible

Oh gosh thats scary, i'm so glad to hear you and LO are ok.
Take plenty of rest today and look after yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->