Bit of advice please ladies...

BabyJayne

Me, DH, DD & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Picked Madeline up from nursery today and she had been fine, but one of the girls pointed out a spot on the inside of her wrist. It looked a bit like an insect bite. She also pointed out another tiny spot on her neck. She said that it might be nothing - but just to be aware that chicken pox can start out from one big spot so to keep an eye on it. She said Madeline had been fine all day and they hadn't seen any others on her back/chest etc.

I work Wed Thurs Fri and she was in MILs Wed and nursery yesterday and today. She was sick after her breakfast on Wednesday at MILs, and was sick again later in the morning - but other than that has been fine. She was fine in nursery yesterday, although she didn't eat much, and today has been fine as well.

I've been examining her all evening and I am sure I have seen a few more tiny little spots around her neck, but I don't know if I have just been examining her for too long, whereas I wouldn't have noticed them if nothing had been said about chickenpox.

Her nursery lady said we would know if it was as they usually come out in the heat at night. She's in bed now and I am going to do a spot check in a bit.

The worst thing is it's her birthday on Wednesday and we are having a party for her tomorrow...and going away for the weekend next week. I'm not too concerned about her having chickenpox as I know she will get it at some point- but just not this week!!

So, after that essay, my question is - if your LO has had chickenpox how did it start? Did they come out in loads of spots within hours, or just the odd one or two and then suddenly were covered.

Any advice appreciated... xxx

usually starts with 1 big one on the torso.... i think....

harry had a big one on hi tummy then woke up the next day with loads more.... he was fine in himself, just spotty... and 2yrs old.. didnt even scratch bless him.... ella was only small and she didnt catch it from him either..... x

Ul usually find the spots will come out quite quickly once the first couple have appeared, and they will be red around the out side with what looks like a white head in the middle, if she has been fine with no spots showing and she dose have chicken pox thats a good sign, as the spots coming out mean the infection is clearing up and it's not contagious any more, the spots will make her itchy but she shouldn't be ill, hope shes ok n you have a fab time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->