blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBug

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first ever post on any baby site but i have been stalking for about 3 years! :blush:

Im currently 21 days since 'the deed' and i am breastfeeding my 5 month old son. I know it it still possible to get pregnant whilst breastfeeding but it took me 2 years to conceive my first son and 1 year to conceive my second .. i also had 8 miscarriages along the way and had to use a CBFM soooooooo i dont tend to get pregnant easily. We use condoms but more often than not have a 'play around' :blush: without them first.

Now to my question. I have had multiple faint lines on IC's, Asda's and a faint frer but so faint only an experienced line spotter and obsessed woman can see. I was shaving my legs yesterday and managed to nick myself - i opened the bathroom draw to find some cotton wool and saw a lonely IC ... couldnt help myself so i decided to experiment with the blood and it turned positive. I mean BFP .... but my urine is still negative/shadow lines.

I have been having terrible period cramps for about a week now and extreme back pain which is why i decided to test in the first place.

I can only find one story on google from an american medical journal who say to trust blood/serum use on a hpt.

Can anyone shed light on this? I don't suddenly feel pregnant as such but im breastfeeding so i have never stopped feeling pregnant if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance girls :hugs: xxx

Even if you have the faintest of lines you are supposed to be PG!! As for the blood thing I am sorry I have no idea!! If you keep testing it should get darker and darker with every couple of days. Some women will have a very fast spike and other will have a more gradual HCG increase. GL FX <3

Guess blood contains more HCG than urine?

Thanks for the replies girls.:hugs:
I woke up this morning and took another IC ... a shadow line appeared but it had no definition so i guess it would be classed as a negative/evap. You can make out a line if you put a torch behind it but i dont think that counts as a bfp :blush:

Anyways .... i told my husband about my experiment and managed to twist his arm into taking part. :haha: His IC was comletely negative with no second line at all, not even a shadow. Now he best not laugh as me again for line spotting ... he has a torch behind his, he was tilting it and even took a pic and inverted! he said WHAT IF IM PREGNANT :shrug: ... i swear i have 3 children. One 2 yrs, one 5 months and another who im married to who is 34!!!! :coffee:

I'm still none the wiser ... i must have 'something' in my blood to register a line right? I still have pains so i will wait and see i suppose.

Thanks again for your replies. If any volunteers want to take part in my experiment let me know the results :thumbup: :blush: oh the things we (I) do xxxx

This is very interesting I have never heard of it but who to say that it isn't the way especially if your Hubby got a -ve :shrug:

Keep us posted! :thumbup:

Interesting! Although I wish I hadn't seen this post, as I'm worried I'll now find myself wondering how to draw my own blood to have a go myself!

I still say a line is a line. If you are putting light behind it before too long after taking the test then I still say you are PG!! Evap lines usually are just on the edges. Keep testing, it will get darker!! Oh and I loved your DH story!! Thought it was awesome!!

This is interesting. Do you have a pic of the + test taken w/ the blood, I am interested to see what it looks like.

Check this out ladies... there is a whole bunch of experiments using HPTs with blood, breast milk, water...etc.

https://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/fun.html#9

Hi everyone, thank you for all of your replies :hugs:
I popped the shop and bought a blue dye clearblue for research purposes :blush: I figured that a shadow pink line would equal a visible blue line but that didnt happen - its white, not even an evap to obsess over. Im waiting for the evap to appear :winkwink: so i can start my tilting and torch shining :blush:

Im trying to attach a picture - i haven't done it before so i don't know if it will work 1st time. The top test is my wee one from this morning (after a 4 hour hold) and the bottom is my blood test :thumbup: I have no idea how to tweek to make it any clearer.

Let me know what you all think? I don't think i have a tummy bug in there, and im really okay with that. Just WANT to know why my blood turned a 10MiU test positive!!!:shrug:

Big hugs :hugs:

Attachments

• 116.JPG
    116.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 596
Check this out ladies... there is a whole bunch of experiments using HPTs with blood, breast milk, water...etc.

:thumbup: i love this site. This woman is a hero teehee

It would be more interesting if she was PG..... well for me anyways lol:haha:

Do evaps show up on invert? I just inverted my pic on canyouseealine and my test from this morning has a line! Ooooh xx

Little bug I can see a faint line on your wee test from this morning I can hardly ever see these things online! How many dpo are you? Keep testing :dust:

I can see a line on the wee test to! :)

Hi Twag,
Im not too sure what DPO i am as im breastfeeding. I havent had a period for 2 months now. Its been 23 days since we had sexy ..... all of my previous pregnancies have shown up at 9/10 DPO :shrug:

I have seen sick this morning but i think i had a dodgy thai take out last night :blush:

I am attaching this mornings wee test. The picture was taken at about 3 minutes. I thought i could see yet another shadow but perhaps i have cataracts haha:haha: These tests tend to have lines apear after the limit. They are called clungene from access diagnostics and they are pants!:growlmad: They sent me them instead of a brand called ACON/InstAlert which are supposed to be on par with frer but a IC version (the NHS use them and they dont give evaps) :thumbup:

Thanks for following my thread ladies :hugs: i will be sure to keep you posted, nothing worse than when everyone is left hanging!:wacko:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 385
LittleBug if you are nursing you may not be O as often as you would be if you were not. It is not impossible to get PG while BF. Were you starting to have regular cycles before you started to TTC?

Hi Allforthegirl,

I have had one period (2 months ago) since my son was born ... he is now 5 months and i am exclusively breast feeding.

We technically are not TTC as we do use condoms, we just had an accident with one 23 days ago :blush: If i were pregnant i would feel so blessed as TTC for years is no fun and quite heartbreaking when you see that BFN every month.

Im not expecting to be pregnant as i have PCOS sooooo with that ontop of breastfeeding it seems the chances are very slim, and im happy not to be pregnant 'just yet' so whatever the outcome im fine with and will accept :flower:

I still dont understand why all of my tests have shadow/faint lines (apart from the clearblue?) and why my blood turned test positive? Im now thinking i could have a cyst and etopic has also crossed my mind but i dont think im in enough pain for that.

Im going to make a doctors appointment i think and see what they have to say - maybe i can have a blood test.

I have heard some women never have a positive HPT. I think every woman secretly hopes for this :blush: it would be very exciting to find a fully formed baby hiding in your tummy :baby: it would explain the 9lbs i have put on over the past 2 months!!!! :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"