blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see a line on that test

Hi robo123 ... the test from this morning? Im going to take a picture of my clearblue and try to tweak it i think. I have heard that clearblue have been a bit naff lately and aren't turning positive xx

I dont really use clear blue, yep i can see a line on your test from this morning. Really hope this is your BFP. xx

that is sooo weird...I wish I had my brother in law here to use his lancets (he has diabetes) so I could try too! It's really positive too, isn't it...not just a faint line. How odd! shall I go and try it..? I don't think I could prick my fingers with a needle though...euwww...I'm really interested to see if your urine tests do start showing up positive now....

Hi Allforthegirl,

I have had one period (2 months ago) since my son was born ... he is now 5 months and i am exclusively breast feeding.

We technically are not TTC as we do use condoms, we just had an accident with one 23 days ago :blush: If i were pregnant i would feel so blessed as TTC for years is no fun and quite heartbreaking when you see that BFN every month.

Im not expecting to be pregnant as i have PCOS sooooo with that ontop of breastfeeding it seems the chances are very slim, and im happy not to be pregnant 'just yet' so whatever the outcome im fine with and will accept :flower:

I still dont understand why all of my tests have shadow/faint lines (apart from the clearblue?) and why my blood turned test positive? Im now thinking i could have a cyst and etopic has also crossed my mind but i dont think im in enough pain for that.

Im going to make a doctors appointment i think and see what they have to say - maybe i can have a blood test.

I have heard some women never have a positive HPT. I think every woman secretly hopes for this :blush: it would be very exciting to find a fully formed baby hiding in your tummy :baby: it would explain the 9lbs i have put on over the past 2 months!!!! :haha:

Well my dear I have heard a long time ago that women that care BF can show a faint BFP. You are doing the right thing by going to Doc. That is what I would be doing too. I wish all the best for you. I couldn't imagine how hard it was for you!! Bt yes a little bundle all curled up nice and safe inside would be wonderful!!:baby:

I did the same thing 2 months ago because I kept getting faint positives with urine. I got a definite positive on FRER with blood and saline. It ended up being a chemical which would explain why I kept getting faint lines. Sometimes if we can't get urine on a patient and we need to do a pregnancy test, we'll use a drop or two of blood and dilute it with saline. It works. I would go to the Dr to get a quant done.

that is sooo weird...I wish I had my brother in law here to use his lancets (he has diabetes) so I could try too! It's really positive too, isn't it...not just a faint line. How odd! shall I go and try it..? I don't think I could prick my fingers with a needle though...euwww...I'm really interested to see if your urine tests do start showing up positive now....

Its very odd indeedy ... i can't believe there is hardly any info on google about it either. its driving me CRAZY :wacko:

I have been tempted to try it again but i dont have anymore 'spare' blood' :blush: and like you - pricking my finger doesnt seem too appealing teehee :thumbup:

BUT if you decide to do it let me know what happens. Im really willing someone who is brave to join in and let me know the results :hugs:

allforthegirl, Do you mean that the hormones we use whilst BF can register as a faint positive when we are not pregnant? That would make sense :dohh:

In the past I have tested my milk with an IC :blush: it was negative :haha: xx

I did the same thing 2 months ago because I kept getting faint positives with urine. I got a definite positive on FRER with blood and saline. It ended up being a chemical which would explain why I kept getting faint lines. Sometimes if we can't get urine on a patient and we need to do a pregnancy test, we'll use a drop or two of blood and dilute it with saline. It works. I would go to the Dr to get a quant done.

Hi TTCaWee1, thankyou sooo much for your post :hugs: its nice to know that im not insane :happydance: well i am a little bit but most woman are right teehee:haha:

I will try to see a dr tomorrow and arrange to have my bloods done. Seems my invisible shadow lines are not getting any darker, i suspect if i was/am pregnant it has gone chemical and has been absorbed. I cant figure any other reason why im not registering clearly on a test at nearly 24 days after sex? :nope:

I have heard that BF keeps prostrogen low (dont know how to spell) and therefore the pregnancy may not be supported.

I will keep everyone updated xx

allforthegirl, Do you mean that the hormones we use whilst BF can register as a faint positive when we are not pregnant? That would make sense :dohh:

In the past I have tested my milk with an IC :blush: it was negative :haha: xx

From what I have read yes. I believe what I read (if my memory doesn't fail me) is that to caution while BF because sometimes we can get that faint line and worry ourselves. :shrug: But I would see what the Doc says. Maybe they will do the blood test, at least those are 100%

Im really willing someone who is brave to join in and let me know the results :hugs:[/QUOTE]

This is totally fascinating!
SO...out of curiosity, I went upstairs and grabbed a lancet from my husband's office. I pricked my finger (don't mind blood/needles), held an IC HPT strip to the spot of blood, and followed it up with some water to allow it to absorb all the way into the strip. what is totally bizarre, is that I got a faint positive! I am 10DPO today, so consider me a guinea pig. If I test positive with urine at 14DPO, I will consider this valid!

would post pics, but you really can't see it without squinting/holding under light, etc. will keep you posted, though!:thumbup:

Im really willing someone who is brave to join in and let me know the results :hugs:

Yippeeeee Thank you for joining in :hugs:
I really hope this is your BFP, i have my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you :wacko::happydance:

I am going to try and get a blood test tomorrow ... its quite exciting :thumbup: maybe we should create a task force and go on dragons den with a HBPT (home blood pregnancy testing) :haha:

Found this for you :) I'm trying it! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 236
Im really willing someone who is brave to join in and let me know the results :hugs:

Yippeeeee Thank you for joining in :hugs:
I really hope this is your BFP, i have my fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed for you :wacko::happydance:

I am going to try and get a blood test tomorrow ... its quite exciting :thumbup: maybe we should create a task force and go on dragons den with a HBPT (home blood pregnancy testing) :haha:

Good luck tomorrow, and keep us posted!!

Found this for you :) I'm trying it! :)

This is the research paper i found that prompted my 'blood test' :thumbup:
I do believe it works ... otherwise what else would be bonding to the strip? :flower: I will hopefully have clear proof soon.

Keep us posted with the results if you try it :hugs: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back