blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great that you did a control. What did you prick your finger with?

I don't think venous or capillary blood should make a difference. Hcg should be in both.

I think maybe I should do a control too. :haha:

Well after my test that I took the other day (which had a faint but definitely there line on it), I got a positive urine pregnancy test. So theory worked for me!

I may try this but i not sure how i can get a few drops of blood from myself :lol:

if anyone knows a easy way let me know :)

Ugh it wasn't easy but I got so fed up and desperate waiting that I sort of closed my eyes and jabbed at my poor finger with the end of a horribly sharp plastic tooth pick.. :-S Sounds a bit mad now...didn't seem so at the time!

That's great that you did a control. What did you prick your finger with?

I don't think venous or capillary blood should make a difference. Hcg should be in both.

I think maybe I should do a control too. :haha:

I used a syringe (sterile, package of needles for insulin users), and drew some blood from my arm. I tried to prick my finger first, but was having no luck with it since I didn't have the little clicker thing for a lancet. So, while crazy, I'm curious to see what the results are in the TWW!! You should DEF do a control if you have access to a centrifuge. Would serum require any dilution like whole blood does? I'm not sure how thick serum is, or if the test would absorb it easily. Experiment and post pics!!! I'd volunteer to be the pin cushion, but I'm all the way down south!

Fuschia, I see that you're expecting, so did you test with your finger prick?? POST PICS!!!!

:hi: Seeing double! Your my TWW buddy! DEf too early to BOAS...:haha: Lets try again at 7 dpo...so keep waiting..the waiting sucks though!!

Longingforno2...I was REALLY excited to get my pos OPK...mine never get that pos either! We o'ed on the same day! When are you going to BOAS??

I am going to do serum since i work in a lab with a centrifuge! Roll on monday!! :haha:

I may try BOAS at 7dpo too. Was going to POAS at 10dpo so will do BOAS few days prior to this. Im hoping to see a positive with blood and urine this month. Don't really wanna do the clomid again, gave me so many problems during my pregnancy with my son. Would love to have a totally natural pregnancy. Am actually feeling quite optimistic this month though :)

I did mine ill upload in a second.. mixed results for me but i don't know either way
if i am or not yet

blood 1.jpg blood 4.jpg

blood 3.jpg

think these tests are dodgy heard bad things about them but with
wee they come back blank.. but blood its 2 lines :shrug:

I see LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would keep trying, do you have any of the dollar store tests? They have always done great by me. YAYAYA exciting!

Theres lines on both one more visable but on the other theres something
there aswell irl .. Im not going to get my hopes up though .. i have loads of these
tests i had left from last cycle and didn't get anymore.. iv only got FRER's left but i will
be testing again tomorrow/saturday with them as AF is due sunday .. but it makes me
wonder why would it show up like that from my blood the 2nd line came pretty much
straight away then got darker.. i know blood will show results sooner but if im not
then it really will confuse me but ill never ever buy them IC's again if so :lol:

If i got lines like that I wouldn't be able to stop testing like every ten minutes lol can't wait to hear your update!

Trust me i am really bad for it :lol:

i am going to wait till AM to take a test if no luck then ill retest saturday

Ooh another one not sure about this theory now x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 31
Hmmm, and you're sure you're not pregnant, Robo? Must retest!! I will do some more controls during my period if I don't get my BFP this month. I have a bunch of ICs coming in the mail next week. I shall also find some way to get DH to be my guinea pig... wonder how I can explain what I'm doing while not making him think he married a crazy person!!!!

Positive AF started this morning. Hmm I was shocked maybe faulty test.

Thanks, I'm used to the disappointment each month now, been trying a while.... But on to next month it will happen! And I can enjoy all this testing to test the blood on hpt theory haha. Fx'd for us all and can't wait to see your tests xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"