blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
:nope:
Sooooo i went for my doctors appointment and finally went in at 4:30pm. I did a wee and it looked like water it was so clear. She then unwrapped and dipped their 'clear & simple' pregnancy test and read the instructions whilst it worked.

Its sensitive to 20 MIU (mine are 10MIU) and it said to wait 5 minutes to read the result. She didnt even time it and it wasn't 5 minutes ... she just said right thats a negative and threw it in the bin.

She said that if it was an etopic pregnancy it would have shown up and although some women show positive blood and negative urine she has never personally seen it so she thinks i deffo am not pregnant :shrug:

My wee has lots of proteins in it so she has sent me away with antibiotics for a UTI (that are SAFE for pregnancy just incase) :wacko: She said the proteins may have turned my tests slightly positive?

If i start bleeding heavily or am in severe pain i have to go back and see her....... :growlmad: WTF Bit late Dr lady if i only have one tube left or im dead :sleep:

Okay im being slightly dramatic here :haha: i should have known she would be useless. Why couldn't she have just drawn my blood. :dohh:

by the way...my doctor did this to me (the qualitative vs quantitative) last month. Totally useless, and a waste of time!! so sorry she sent you away feeling so unheard :(

Just did test with blood and was a bfn. took a while to mobe down the test and i used saliva to push it along. i guess that backs up the notion that all blood tests give a positive. def gonna have another go if and when i get my bfp'! Cant wait to see how it turns out for u ladies who got positive blood tests will def be stalking! Gl

Hi ladies! I experimented with blood on ICs before I became pregnant. My results: Blood always stuck to the antibody strip, much like the dye in Coke does (try it)! Through my research I did however find out that blood is accurate and will show earlier than urine if you use a centrifuge to separate the serum (clear fluid). Its the serum that they test in the lab....so if you have a centrifuge laying around go for it!

I don't have a centrifuge, but I DO have a saint of a husband. Did an experiment:

1) my urine (neg)
2) DH's blood (saint--also neg, don't see any pooling or sticking around the test area)
3) my blood (squinters welcome?)
No squinting necessary. I can see the faint line on your blood one without even zooming in on my iPhone

I can see a faint line on the bottom 2 tests

Well, I tested this AM with a frer and first signal. Both tests appear to be bfn's. I'm definitely skeptical of being able to use whole blood accurately on hpt's. That's not to say those that have a positve using blood won't go on to get a positive using urine, I just think in my case, blood gave me a false positive. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated! I'm 13DPO and usually have a 14/15 day LP so I will be expecting AF tomorrow or the day after at the latest. Good luck to anyone else still in limbo!

Attachments

• new13dpo2.jpg
    new13dpo2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 118
  • new13dpo3.jpg
    new13dpo3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 101
Well, I tested this AM with a frer and first signal. Both tests appear to be bfn's. I'm definitely skeptical of being able to use whole blood accurately on hpt's. That's not to say those that have a positve using blood won't go on to get a positive using urine, I just think in my case, blood gave me a false positive. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated! I'm 13DPO and usually have a 14/15 day LP so I will be expecting AF tomorrow or the day after at the latest. Good luck to anyone else still in limbo!

Like I always say, "the race isn't over until the red lady screams" So I will continue to cheer you on until the party pooper ruins our fun!! :hugs:

I thought I saw something faint on both of your tests lindsay

Thanks for the encouragement. :) You are right, I'm not out until I'm she shows so we'll see.

Do you see something, wantabelly? I can't see anything in real life, and thought I saw a lil something on the frer pic, but I can almost always see a little something...because I'm crazy, lol!

ok so I found some thing to read for our POAS addicts out there including me :haha: I laughed really hard, cause I really should do this.

https://www.pregnancyandbaby.com/pr...ts-the-mystery-of-evaporation-lines-explained

This part made me LOL a lot!!!

Better yet, throw it in the dumpster behind a restaurant, dismantle it and put as much as you can through a shredder or run over it with your car. It can be so tempting to dig the test back out and check to see if it has "turned positive" but try to resist. It's so much better for your mental health to avoid the torture!

Yup almost peed myself.... I don't know how many times I went back into the garbage "just in case" cause "you never know"..... oh boy tortuous is soooo true!!

So if the blood will stick to an antibody strip no matter what, try putting.it on a test that's already been used! Does that make sense?

I know what you mean. I got a negative test at 11:10 this morning and I've looked twice already. It's only 12:30

This part made me LOL a lot!!!

Better yet, throw it in the dumpster behind a restaurant, dismantle it and put as much as you can through a shredder or run over it with your car. It can be so tempting to dig the test back out and check to see if it has "turned positive" but try to resist. It's so much better for your mental health to avoid the torture!

:haha::haha: i have started flushing my IC's down the toilet so i cant keep fishing them out of the bin. The toilet is now blocked and doesnt flush properly :blush: I haven't confessed to DH yet. I hope when we get it fixed the plumber doesnt find 100s of test sticks wedged in the pipe! :nope:

I actually have my afternoon IC hidden beside the bread bin and i keep making excuses to go into the kitchen and line spot :blush:

Hi ladies! I experimented with blood on ICs before I became pregnant. My results: Blood always stuck to the antibody strip, much like the dye in Coke does (try it)! Through my research I did however find out that blood is accurate and will show earlier than urine if you use a centrifuge to separate the serum (clear fluid). Its the serum that they test in the lab....so if you have a centrifuge laying around go for it!

I don't have a centrifuge, but I DO have a saint of a husband. Did an experiment:

1) my urine (neg)
2) DH's blood (saint--also neg, don't see any pooling or sticking around the test area)
3) my blood (squinters welcome?)
No squinting necessary. I can see the faint line on your blood one without even zooming in on my iPhone

I see a line too :thumbup: gosh it would be so amazing if everyone with BFP blood actually turned out pregnant :happydance:

I couldn't log on much yesterday because my toddler who just turned 2 has a chest infection and croup so we went to every shop known to man to find a steamer to open his airways :nope: finally found one which was like having a boilling kettle on the floor so we took it back! :growlmad:

I feel BFP's looming. I got another faint line on my IC again this morning and i deffo FEEL different, i have done for about 4/5 days now. Perhaps its just my UTI ... or perhaps i have a shy bean :winkwink:

More IC's arrived this morning so im thinking of ways to draw blood without pain? Do you think saliva/spit would have HCG in in? I feel another experiment coming on ..........................:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"