blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tweaked the color on that test I took earlier with the blood and a dash of water...I hope I did this right;never posted a pic before! :haha:

Looks positive to me :flower: how exciting

I only went to bed and i have woken up to lots of new posts ... im hoping to get to the doctors today and talk then into giving me a blood test so i can give you all some definitive answers :thumbup:

I took another IC today and yet ANOTHER faint shadow line. I really dont think i am pregnant as im now 25 days since sex ... BUT i technically could only be 18/19DPO if the little swimmers had a super dooper long life :shrug:

Anyways, either way this is still all very interesting and i will be pricking my finger again in the future :haha:

I couldn't help myself :haha:

Top is blood and water to dilute.
Bottom is breastmilk (didnt quite make it to the control line as I didn't dilute)

https://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz353/twinmummy06/image_zpsf02fa2f4.jpg

Hi Twinmummy06,

Now that is a very positive test :thumbup: How many DPO are you?

There must be some science to this as why are some people BFN and others BFP :nope: I just wish i had a full scientific answer to shed some light :flower:

Those who have pricked themselves in the name of science, a BIG thankyou :thumbup: please be sure to update us with the end result. Im on the edge of my seat here :blush: :hugs:

Little bug - Im not 100% sure but I think I'm either somewhere between 5+6 and 6+4.

I would say from Twinmommy's ticker that she knows she is pregnant :thumbup:

Right ..... i dont have an update unfirtunately.

I have a Dr's appointment at 3:40 today which she reluctantly gave me after a telephone consultation. I asked her if we are doing bloods and she said 'lets start with a pregnancy test shall we'.

I am beyond annoyed :growlmad: I drink allot of fluid because im breastfeeding and i use the toilet allot ... how the heck is the hormone going to show up on a DR's naff preggo test at 4pm in the afternoon when i am only getting faint faint lines on mine at home? :dohh:

I am attaching my clearblue test with an evap line from yesterday and my IC from this morning. :blush:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 177
QUOTE=Twag;24376457]I would say from Twinmommy's ticker that she knows she is pregnant :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh: of course! I just saw the TTC

Teehee baby brain :winkwink:

that clearblue looks positive to me .. good luck with the docs, they can be useless at times cant they! Hopefully they will choose to take bloods though :) X

that clearblue looks positive to me .. good luck with the docs, they can be useless at times cant they! Hopefully they will choose to take bloods though :) X

I think i will take the clearblue test with me. Maybe she is a super Doc who has special inverted vision :haha: That is the only way she will be able to see my imaginary invisible lines :blush:

I really hope im not insane :nope: x

Good luck at the Dr's I do not understand why they make you POAS when clearly you can do that at home - :dohh: does not make sense I hope they do blood tests for you

:dust:

Well ladies, I tried it again this morning, which makes me 12dpo. There is a definite line on the First Signal test with blood, but I don't think there's anything on my FRER. Like I said before, I am pretty confident I am not pregnant this cycle because our timing was awful. We only BD'd the day after ovulation, so it's highly unlikely I am pregnant. I did, however, get a second line with trying it with blood. I'm not sure what that means? Maybe there is something in blood since it is thicker that makes something stick to the test line? Maybe it doesn't work with first signal tests? I'm not sure. I have attached pictures for you.

Attachments

• 12dpoblood.jpg
    12dpoblood.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 12dpofrer.jpg
    12dpofrer.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 182
Thanks for the update lindsayms05. Maybe you are right about the blood sticking to the line - maybe it clots or something? :shrug:

I think someone on here tried it with blood and it was completely negative though so maybe it depends on how much blood you use and how diluted it is - I really need to know why it happens though :wacko:

Fingers crossed your FRER turns positive :flower:

I have just had another lookat your pictures and i can see a line on the FRER when it it small but its hard to see when i enlarge it. Maybe it is just the indent strip showing through but there is *something* there FX xxx

Thanks hun! I posted last night after trying it with a first signal and it was completely negative. I think I used the same amount of blood/water this morning as I did last night. Who knows? I would like for my FRER to turn positive though, lol.

Thanks lindsayms05 :) I really hope that was a pos for you! I am in the same boat...neg urine, pos blood. I am 11DPO today with AF due. We should have an answer if she shows up!

I was watching untold stories of the er and blood can make a home pregnancy test positive! plasma too

I know you said you only DTD the day after O but it is still possible to get your BFP the egg could have come later in the day and it caught straight away you never know :shrug:

OK so this whole blood thing is very interesting but when I had a shower this morning & shaving my legs I knicked my ankle and it was my 1st thought to BOAS :dohh: I am 8dpo it would be pointless so I didn't but I will be keeping a close eye on this thread :thumbup:

Good luck ladies :dust:

I was watching untold stories of the er and blood can make a home pregnancy test positive! plasma too

did they explain why that blood and plasma do that? Can they make them positive when not PG or just when PG? Now I want to know. Giving all us TTC crazy brain!! :haha: and Did you find this on the web or did you watch it on TV, I would love to know where to find that video.... just a little obsessed :blush:

I think it's just the flash catching the indent line on my frer. IRL I can't see anything on it. I was doing some research about dtd AFTER O and I guess there is a method called O+12 which is where you obstain until the day after O between 12-20 hours. It's supposed to sway a girl. We dtd early in the day, so I guess you never know. Thanks for looking gals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"