• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**BnB's Pram-a-holics Unite**

someone put a thread up in babyclub and they said the bee + was on display in john lewis

also can i join im on pram 5

started with silvercross 3d in cargo sold that
got a m&p ora - still have it but will be selling in next couple of days
got a quinny buzz 3 and loved it but had to sell it as it wouldnt go in OHs boot
got a cheap stroller from argos that stays at my mum and dads for them to use
today ive got a bugaboo gecko and i love it so think ill keep this for quite a bit now

Not sure whether I should feed the addicitions, but.... :D There is a limited edition bugaboo coming out in June, saw in my local pram shop that you can preorder it now!! :D

Hi Girls!

I have been stalking this thread to feed my pram addiction! :blush:

I haven't actually bought more than one, but I do spend an unnatural amount of time looking at other people's prams and buggies and online looking at them ALL THE TIME!!

At the moment I have a Silver cross 3D, which I do think is great for going round the shops (its narrow and turns really well), but is a bit rattle-y going over cobbles or bumpy tracks, and its heavy, and although it folds down in one piece - this makes it long and it only just fits in my boot because of that......SO...... I've also been stalking this one:

hi girls - i will be a pram a holic when the time comes i just know it i love them all - mmmm

Anyway i fell in love with a new one today and thought i would spread the happiness - take a look

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-rubix-liquorice/105165500/type-i/

xx

and this one, which would fit my car seat (a justification I will no doubt use to buy it when I eventually find it in stock :haha:)

https://www.silvercross.co.uk/our-range/pram-systems/silver-cross-surf-pushchair/

https://www.itsababy.co.uk/itsababy-blog/2009/12/silver-cross-surf-preview/

Check out the lovely colours! And its light! :thumbup:

What do you girls who have tried out lots and lots of prams think? If you had the choice between these two prams, which would you go for?

My problems with the 3D are:

Don't like the wheels on rough ground
Basket is not accessible (the Surf's one is worse though :blush:)
I find it awkward to lift as its heavy and long
Only faces out - my major bugbear
I picked a boring colour because I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl

If anyone can help me make this decision, I may be able to find 'the one' in only 2 shots, that would be impressive!

Thanks in advance :flower:

hi ladies my name is emma and i am also a pram a holic but im sooooo terying to stop i have had a lot of buggys over the years cant remember them all but a rough gide i suppose would be
graco travel systen x2
maclaren stroller
phil and teds e3
another maclaren
phil and teds sport
m&p luna
mothercare maui
i candy apple and pear

there have been a few others but i cant remember them all lol i got my i candy yesterday i love it is great im using it as a pear at the momment for my two youngest and then will use it as a apple so will not have to buy another one (well that my theroy for now any way) my prm buying has to stop i curently have 3 prams in my hall way down stairs my hubby thinks im crazy lol xx

im looking for an affordable double, got a m&p ultima with all the peices a the moment and love it, my toddler is 16kg+ now ans got an 11lb+ newborn as well so need something that can handle them both.

Hi Girls!

I have been stalking this thread to feed my pram addiction! :blush:

I haven't actually bought more than one, but I do spend an unnatural amount of time looking at other people's prams and buggies and online looking at them ALL THE TIME!!

At the moment I have a Silver cross 3D, which I do think is great for going round the shops (its narrow and turns really well), but is a bit rattle-y going over cobbles or bumpy tracks, and its heavy, and although it folds down in one piece - this makes it long and it only just fits in my boot because of that......SO...... I've also been stalking this one:

hi girls - i will be a pram a holic when the time comes i just know it i love them all - mmmm

Anyway i fell in love with a new one today and thought i would spread the happiness - take a look

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-rubix-liquorice/105165500/type-i/

xx

and this one, which would fit my car seat (a justification I will no doubt use to buy it when I eventually find it in stock :haha:)

https://www.silvercross.co.uk/our-range/pram-systems/silver-cross-surf-pushchair/

https://www.itsababy.co.uk/itsababy-blog/2009/12/silver-cross-surf-preview/

Check out the lovely colours! And its light! :thumbup:

What do you girls who have tried out lots and lots of prams think? If you had the choice between these two prams, which would you go for?

My problems with the 3D are:

Don't like the wheels on rough ground
Basket is not accessible (the Surf's one is worse though :blush:)
I find it awkward to lift as its heavy and long
Only faces out - my major bugbear
I picked a boring colour because I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl

If anyone can help me make this decision, I may be able to find 'the one' in only 2 shots, that would be impressive!

Thanks in advance :flower:

I like the surf best i think :lol: I had the 3d to start off with and i found same problems as you

Thought you ladies might appreciate this story.......

I dragged my OH to the Glasgow Pram Centre today, left him in the car with LO while I went in to see if the Silver Cross Surf was in stock yet (just to check you see :blush:)

So they did have it, I spent about 15 min playing about with it before going back out to the car and getting OH in to look at it. He was reluctant as he thinks its 'silly' looking at other prams since we have a 'perfectly good' pram at the moment (I have explained my list of problems with our current pram, as mentioned above!)
So I got him in anyway.

His reluctance continued though and he decided that he didn't think it would fit in the boot of our car because of the width of it (its squarer than the 3D folded, but about 2 thirds of the length). So I went out with 2 of the pram centre workers, to see...............

I then proceeded to open the boot, and as usual - couldn't get the pram out without putting the car key down (need both hands), so I put the key down and took the 3D out. They put the Surf in, it fit perfectly (with a bit of space :happydance:) I then shut the boot.............. with the key inside.............and it locked............... :rofl:

How completely mortifying! I basically locked their brand new, prototype pram in the boot of my car for 2 hours while my mum had to go over to my house, get the spare car key and bring it to me at the pram centre :dohh:

So I had to wait in the pram centre that whole time with all the staff saying to my LO 'Oh are you the wee one that tried to steal the surf?' :haha: Quite funny.

So I got to spend all that time feeding my pram addiction, and have decided that when I stop being embarrassed about this incident, I'm definitely going for the Surf. And in the future, I'll probably get a petite star Zia as that is fab! Its so light and manouvreable, with a good sized basket.

Anyway, a long story but I thought it was amusing (eventually!) :winkwink:

Pramoholics!!

It's time to start thinking of double buggies!

Any suggestions?

I don't like the phil and teds though - don't like how the baby on the bottom is so low to the ground!

im following a m&p duette on ebay at the moment, i hve the Ultima already and love it and need something for a big toddler and big newborn and this is the only one ive found really,

saml1 m&p have a 3wheeled double but the toddler goes on the bottom and you can put a carseat on the top

Well if any pramoholic wants to buy a sugar and spice double let me know ffs

:lol: at this thread though - and Stu thought I was bad because I wanted a mcclaren(sp?) and change my icandy! haha

Well my maclaren lasted a whole 3 months :rofl: its up for sale and I have a mama,s and papa,s pilko on its way from loz :D , Still got my infinity too , so what else is everybody fancying ? xx

i think i need to join this thread, sydnee is 15 weeks old & in this time ive had a phil & teds vibe, hated it so sold it on ebay & got an icandy pear, found that too big so sold it, then got a luna in orchid, gonna list it on ebay as my friend got the exact same one & i want to be different :blush: then i have a mamas & papas 8in1 pram, which i like but have my eye on a quinny buzz :) my husband has given up lol.

what do you all think of the quinny buzz? are they good?

oh i quite like the maxi cosi mura....decisions decisions!!

Anyone got any good suggestions for a pram for 2 and for the baby i want it to fit a car seat. PM me please with any suggestions. ta

I've seen a quinny buzz 3..it comes with everything (carrycot, raincover, parasol, car seat, xl (i think) seat unit and frame). How much is it worth? Its 3 years old but looks in good condition..im considering buying it and selling my apple lol.

I think i'm a pram a holic but a denied one :cry: I want so many but my OH is having a fit at me just buying another 'when we have a perfectly good one already' :hissy:

Also he is refusing to let me get another for no2 (we will really need a double) saying i should use a backpack or sling :nope:

I'm SOOOO showing him this thread :rofl:

im stuck using a front pack for ds2 or reins/saftey harness for ds1 so the other one can be in the pushchair when we go out, thankfully the Ultima is easy i can change it for either of them really easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->