• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

lol Lemon! It just kinda hit me, and I was into it. It wasn't even really the book...it was more the movie. Then afterwards as well...

Lemon, I think it was about 200 pages in that I finally REALLY started liking it. I would normally never give a book that long to pull me in, but it was worth it. It gets SO...GOOD.

from a perspective of a person that watched the movie first, it does get better, you just have to stick to the book. which, i too, am battling with

I just finished chapter 8. I haven't the slightest clue what page that translates to, since I'm listening to it. The shifting narration confused me, too. Especially because the version I'm listening to have two different narrators; one telling the story and one as the author. Once I figured that out though (thank you, ladies!) it's smoother going.

I haven't seen the movie, but my sister says its good. I plan to watch it when I'm done listening to the book. I knew from the movie posters there would be a tiger involved, and I just got to the part in the book where the boy is taught to give tigers, as predators, the proper respect they deserve.

I finished it over the weekend. There were many parts I didn't remember from my first reading!

I'm about halfway Lemon... I love the writing. It does take longer to pick up but I'm enjoying the way there more than I typically would because I'm like horrified at some parts and laughing out loud at others. This was an excellent pick for me :thumbup:

Never seen the movie but DH wants to read the book when I'm done.

Forgot to report back, I finished the book a week ago or so. I just couldn't put it down it's so good. How are yall doing with it?

I think I'm the only one still working on it. About halfway done

I'm halfway done!

So slow considering I picked this book. :haha:

I'm hoping to finish up this week!

I'm done. I did like it. As Amy said, it got to a part where you just could not put it down

I agree with Whimsical and Amy! Then I was reading it so fast...great book!

I'm now halfway done and I'm definitely to the part where it gets good. I think I'll have it finished by the end of the week. :thumbup:

Yay tank! Is there anyone other than lemon who is still working on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->