Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I didn't read the spoilers but I found flawless at the store so I bought it and I'm starting it tonight. Life of Pi is on the way as well!

Amy, let us know what you think!

I have Life of Pi; need to make time to start reading. :thumbup:

I got mine today too! But I just started another one today, so I'll start it this weekend probably :)

I have 15 books to read by December 31..... Catch me if you can, ladies.

Or catch up and take some of the books off my back. Mmmk, thanks!

Right now I'm reading, "the unlikely pilgrimage if Harold Fry". It's about a man, in his sixties I believe, who walks to the post office to mail a letter to a lady from his past (who is dying of cancer), and decided to keep walking. Then he decides to walk all the way to her. From one end of England, to the other lol. He's doing a lot of self reflecting, and meeting interesting people.

It's cute and I got into it straight away!

I have Life of Pi and I plan to start reading it on my flight to my family reunion this week. I'm ready for it!

Anyone else enjoy the irony that a book titled 'Flawless' was full of so many flaws? Flawed character development, flawed (weak) ending, total and complete Bechdel test failure? Keiran annoyed the living daylights out of me, and I honestly kept forgetting she was a woman because the only Keiran I know in real life is a guy.

Also, I have a confession. I had a hard time finding this book in the store because I didn't Google it first and assumed it was a celebrity "autobiography" about the actress Heather Graham. By the time I finally found it in the romance section, it was so far from what I was expecting to read that I immediately started judging it, probably very unfairly.

Nope, Bookgeek, all judgements were very fair. It was very flawed. :rofl:

Nope, Bookgeek, all judgements were very fair. It was very flawed. :rofl:
totally agree :haha:

welcome becca.

wow, amy missed a whole book!

so far i am liking it. i keep having the movie with its characters play out in my head. even their voices when i read each character:haha:

Currently on page 175. I think I figured out what is going to happen on page 145 - no I haven't read your spoilers - and then suddenly there was a sex scene! I did not know this was that kind of book :rofl: DH walked out as I was smack in the middle of it and I guess I looked surprised and amused and he's like wtf this isn't another Fifty Shades is it? omg you guys. Dying over here.

Flawless was like 50 Shades' ugly stepsister.....

Haven't started Life of Pi yet. I'm finishing up the current book I'm reading and I'll probably start LOP this weekend.

Okay! Finished LIfe of pi. I'll wait to discuss, and I hope I can remember because I'm onto the next one. I will say, it's not what I expected....!

How the heck did you finish it already? I haven't even started.

Tank, I don't work full time haha. And I have 10 books to read. No time to waste.

Sun..... do you just read every single spare minute? Where do you find those spare minutes with a 1yr keeping you busy?

Started the book, then missed a few days reading and then forgot about the book. :haha:

haha, I like my down time. I read before she wakes up in the morning, while I have my coffee, and I usually read during one nap. Sometimes if we're in her bedroom and she's reading or playing quietly I can sneak some time in there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->