• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

:rofl: Amy! Sorry you suffered through it! You should vent with your own spoilers. :haha:

Sun, I'm impressed! I haven't even started - but hoping to do so on my break between Christmas & NY. <3

It's funny, it is SO not my kind of book. But I was hooked.

I really don't know if I liked it, or not... it left me with a weird feeling.

But regardless, I'm happy I read it!

Started Life of Pi today, about 40 pages in and honestly a bit confused so far. :shrug: The writing isn't bad but the flow of the story is odd. Curious to see where it goes!

^^^ same. on page 10 myself and it took me a few days to get here :rofl:

I felt the same way. I wasn't sure what was happening, but then I got into it...

WIL - The writing remains odd the entire time, but I think I got used to it lol :shrug:

Question for sun or anyone who's further than 90 pages along:

Are the chapters in italics finally explained at some point? Or are they already supposed to make sense by now and I'm just not getting it? They're throwing me off and I'm not understanding why they just randomly show up in the middle of all this talk about the zoo. :shrug:

The italics are the author speaking...the writer. He is telling the story of the main character, in his words, the entire time. But the italics are aupposed to be The author. He's interview the main character.

I found it confusing too. I think it said that's how he will do it in the prologue but I usually don't read that part. Luckily this time I did lol.

Oh girls, I haven't started this yet. OMG I'm still listening to the Prince of Tides, which is a great book, but very long (over 22 hours spoken). I hope I can get through it quickly to meet my own deadline :haha:

:rofl: no worries, Tank, I haven't started it yet either and I'm the one who chose the book! :haha:

I think it said that's how he will do it in the prologue but I usually don't read that part. Luckily this time I did lol.

Yeah I know in the prologue he said he'd tell the story from Piscine's perspective, but I don't remember him saying he'd also have his own POV in there as well. Totally confused me. But it makes sense, thanks!

I'm about 120 pages in, I'm such a slow reader and it's a long book, so tank and lemon will probably still manage to finish before I do. :haha:

I'm really starting to get into this one! Liking it so far :thumbup:

I'll be honest, at first I was really bored with this one but i got to a point where I could not put it down. I'm about 50 pages from the end now and can't wait to finish, so good!

Ok....so ladies.

This isn't a spoiler, at all...but I finished the book and felt kinda "hmmm" :shrug: I wasn't sure at all. Then we watched the movie and I had a better reaction.

On the weekend I was telling my parents about it, and I was RAVING about it, telling them to watch it, read it, whatever. It obviously has had a delayed effect on me, and I'm loving it.

Also, as someone who doesn't have a religious ounce in me, I was seriously struck by it.

Can't wait for you guys to finish it!

Finished last night! Can't wait for everyone else so we can talk about it.

haha I still haven't started. :dohh: I might fail this one.

I haven't started either, but it's a reread for me, needing a refresher! I remember it had a slow start but then it's amazing! Can't wait to finish my current book so I can jump on it! I know what I'll be doing all weekend:happydance:

Omg you're going to pass me :rofl: I keep re-reading some stuff. It's so good.

Haha Amy what page are you on? I'm on 111 - still waiting for it to pick up a bit.

I'm still on page 0. :nope:

I'm trying really hard to finish this other book before I start Life of Pi but it's long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->