Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I'm good to start in March! That gives me this weekend to find a copy and finish off Ready Player One.

BB, thank you! It sounds like a really interesting book. I'm going to add that to me TBR list, too. Haha!

Ah, GoodReads. I need to be better about using it. I reference it regularly!

Sounds good to me! I'd love to follow anyone on Goodreads who wants to share their username via PM - always great seeing what everyone else is reading and getting ideas to add to my want to read list :)

Whoa, my library's kindle copy just became available, so I'm going to hopefully start reading this weekend. :thumbup:

Becca, I totally want to be Goodreads friends! I'll PM you my profile link. :)

Ok, ladies, I'm a few chapters in and there is a part that is not TTC friendly I will spoil it in case you want to be sure you want to read this book.

There is a part where a woman loses her baby because it is born with a cleft palate and can not latch. It's not long and you only hear about it through her (it's not its own scene). The woman--as far as I can tell--is not a main character either.

I'm also happy to be Goodreads friends! I will PM you, Lemon and BB. Anyone else is welcome to PM me as well!

Tank, thanks for sharing that.

I will continue with the book, and I love you extra for the heads up. :hugs:

Great heads up, tank.

Maybe if you write the page number it's on (if you have it still) then those can skip it if they want to. I probably would just because that sounds so sad. But, at least there's the option.

Great catch.

I would sun, except for I listen to them and don't actually have a copy. It wasn't all that sad--at least for me.

I can't wait to start! I have it in my purse but have to finish my current read first. I feel like a lot of the books I've been picking up lately have had ttc-unfriendly parts in them - maybe I'm just noticing more now? Anyway, it's nice to have the warning <3

Thanks for the spoiler tank. Not looking forward to that part, for sure. My copy still isn't here :growlmad: I want to start already!!

Finished chapter 1 yesterday! Planning to read more this weekend.

Thoughts after the first chapter:

I enjoyed it, although I struggled with getting into some of the ways they're using language. (Nowhere near as badly as I did with A Clockwork Orange, though, when I had to read that in high school. :haha: ) I think I'm past that, now, as it's all pretty straightforward, and I'm beginning to get more into the story with Chapter 2. The landscape is fascinating and I like the premise. Can't wait to see where it goes.

:rofl:

It wasn't even quite that, although I'm curious about the development of reduplication in a language's evolution. It did take me a few minutes to get over the use of like, Family as a place + a group, etc. I think I'm just slow, though. :haha:

Gela's tits! :rofl:

It does get way easier to comprehend the further you get into it, lemon. I'm way fascinated by all of it.

All I see are spoilers and I CANT CLICK ON THEM BECAUSE MY COPY ISN'T HERE :brat: :brat: :brat:

I'm glad yall like it though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->