• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I will give it an honest try, no promises if I'll finish it until I get a bit into it. :haha: Not usually my type but I'm trying to be more open-minded because sometimes I end up loving the books I assume I won't like.

Yikes I was not a fan of that one but if everyone else is down I'll sit this round out :thumbup:

I'll sit this one out too!! Sorry!! just got a few books on order from the library.

Enjoy!

Oo, I'm curious about A Farewell to Arms. I've heard so much about it. I read a Hemingway before, but I can't remember what it was (high school....). Just have to finish A Handmaid's Tale first :) I saw that a movie was coming out and I like Atwood, so I had to pick it up. It's pretty weird so far..

So I could have sworn I posted here, but I guess I posted on another thread instead. :dohh: I'm been kinda a flake lately. Anyway. Dark Eden is supposed to by really good. What do you think about that one?

You posted on my journal :rofl: hahaha

I would read Dark Eden it sounds interesting. Is it a trilogy?

You posted on my journal :rofl: hahaha

I would read Dark Eden it sounds interesting. Is it a trilogy?

I think it is a series, but I heard that you can just read the first one and be fine.

Also sorry, going to fix that. :rofl:

I've reserved Farewell to Arms and Dark Eden (the one by Chris Beckett?) from the library. Happy to read either!

K I'll order Dark Eden then! Guess I better get a library card :dohh:

Yes, Chris Beckett's DarK Eden is the one.

I hope this one doesn't suck like the last book I picked. :dohh:

I'm on board for Dark Eden! I'll reserve a copy.

Lemon, I'm still planning to read the Hemmingway. I'm one of those people who is usually reading multiple books simultaneously. I'm happy to talk about it with you!

What is The Handmaid's Tale? I don't watch much TV other than streaming services so lots of movies catch me by surprise since I don't see the previews on TV. If it's a book, I want to read it before I see it!

I'm also curious about the Hemmingway, but I got the spoiler on the ending at some point in the past and it seems like book that really goes to town on your emotions! I'm up for reading it once winter goes away :haha:

BG, The Handmaid's Tale is a Margaret Atwood novel - I saw the preview at the last movie we watched and was totally taken off guard! So far it seems to be a post-apocalyptic type of novel where some kind of religious sect has taken over power at least in the area the main character is living in. There are these women who dress all in red with white nun-type caps who I believe are the handmaids, and I think they are there as basically enslaved brood mares for the men in power who's wives are older, etc. It's pretty dark so far, but it's one of those books that lets the reader make their own conclusions which I like. It seems like the society is very focused on making babies and hasn't revealed what exactly happened to change things so dramatically from ours to this new one (what happened to the children? What happens to the new babies? There are no children in the book so far except her daughter in flashbacks and they don't say what happened!). There are flashback parts, so I'm hoping to learn more, but with Atwood you never know :lol:

That sounds like a good one, I'll add it to my list of want to read books :)

Amy -- your want to read on Goodreadssss? Lol I have so many on my want to read.

I ordered Dark Eden, it may take me awhile to get to it as I've got 2 on the go now and another one to pick up Friday but I'll try :)

Yessss.... I've just started on Goodreads not that long ago so not much on there yet :haha: but I love that I can find anything and tag it to remind me!

Should we wait until March to start then? My copy won't be here until then I don't think.

Yessss I love Goodreads! :happydance:

Im happy to start in march. It'll probably be another week or two before an e-copy frees up at the library anyhow. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->