• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Sounds depressing. Even more so than the book I picked. Lets do it!

ok, sounds like a go. Try to get it read by the end of Aug. everyone :haha:

Slowest book club ever!

Sounds depressing. Even more so than the book I picked. Lets do it!

:rofl: I thought that too but the reviews made it sound like it's more of an inspiring type read. I guess we'll see!

WIL vs. tank: who can depress everybody more? :haha:

OMG I just thought of the BEST idea for the next round if any of you like mystery books. We can do a two part where we read half the book and then talk about it, like who done it questions and then we can finish it and see who was right and do the book club talky thing.

Love the mystery idea of discussion halfway through. I'm out for the depressing book though. Hope you enjoy it. It sounds good but I'm dealing with a bit too much doom and gloom in real life so it's only sunshine and rainbow-equivalent books for me for the next few months.

im in tooo

tank, love the idea of a mystery book with a chat inbetween.

P.S. if this book is more doom and gloom than inspirational, im sending all you ladies to theraphy:haha:

I reserved my copies from the library. :thumbup:

Bronte, I totally get it. :hugs:

Good idea, Tank! You can pick the next book then, too! :rofl:

NO I did my time! Someone else can pick it. Don't we have a few Stephen King fans? Doesn't he write mystery? Or is it just horror?

Hmm he sort of touches on lots of genres. The last book I read by him was grief and love and ghosts and mystery. But Amy is the King expert so I defer to her opinion and recommendation there! But I'm always up for a good Stephen King story. :haha:

Tank your book choice wasnt soooooo bad that you have to not want to suggest another.

truthfully i have not read a Stephan King book. Amy make sure my first is memorable:haha:

Since I've been traveling alone much of today I had a lot of time to read - and kindle now tells me I'm about 83% done with this book. Last time it took me like a full month to even get my hands on a copy! :haha:

Curious to know what you all think about it as you get going.

My Kindle says I'm 20% done. :haha: So far...it's not what I expected, I'll say that much. Not in a good or a bad way, just not at all what I'd envisioned. I'm really curious to see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->