• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I'm in! I'll try to pick up a copy of it today after work. :)

I started it but didn't get too far yet. The audiobook is read by the author and he does a pretty good woman voice :rofl:

i dont think i am even 10 pages in. using work computer to read as ebook is of its head.

I'm on the plane (with spotty WiFi) and just finished the book. It wasn't what I expected. :shrug:

I'm finally starting to get into it, so now I'm curious about the ending lemon...

Ahh. I didn't mean the ending, really, just the whole thing overall. I can't wait till you're done reading it so we can discuss in more detail. I don't want to share an opinion too soon and prematurely affect what you all may think as you're reading it. :shrug:

I have my copy and I'm beginning to read it! It was the last copy available at my local book shop, so hopefully that's a good sign? I can't believe you're already done, Lemon!

Haha it's because I was on a plane for most of Sunday. There wasn't anything else to do! :rofl:

I'm pretty far in. We are all fast readers this time :haha:

I'm about halfway done. I've been using my pumping breaks at work to read. :winkwink:

Okay I'm falling behind this time :dohh: I'll try to catch up! I'm probably 20 pages in :rofl:

i thought there was no rush as it was for end of Aug but at this rate, most of you will be done by end of July. lets hope i can get some reading done. i feel so far behind too

I'm only about 35 pages in to it. I like the writing style so far, and I'm intrigued by this town. It's already started off so sad, I can only hope it goes up from here!

No rush. I started off strong but life gets in the way. If we are all finished early, good, if not, no worries.

Finished the book this morning. I'll take lemon's approach and not really state my opinion until everyone is finished. :winkwink:

I'm seriously still on page 36. I cannot get into this book for some reason :dohh: Time to step up my game!

Amy tbh it took me like 100 pages to finally get into it. Normally I'd never give a book that long but since it was book club...and my pick :rofl:...I stuck with it. Honestly I do feel like it gets better though.

im over halfway through and really not sure about what i feel for the book or the characters,

So far I'm not really invested

On another note, Have you guys read the goldfinch? That one is really good.

never read goldfinch tank.

im done with the book.
where is the closure? how can it just end like that? :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->