Bras!

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
I am having such a hard time trying to find maternity bras. Basically I live in a town where nowhere sells anything maternity, small selection in DP and Debenhams and that's it. Debenhams sells nursing bras but not maternity, so I've been looking on the internet.
Still, even figleaves has only boring bras for maternity, yet lots of pretty ones for nursing bras. I want something that looks nice and well as having some actually support - my all soft M&S maternity bras are just not up to the job. I'm guessing that if I buy nursing bras now I'll be out of them by the time I give birth... or do people wear nursing bras during pregnancy?

i haven't got any yet, although my boobs seem a bit bigger my old ones still seem to fit fine but i know mothercare do them if you ahve one of them near you.

I just bought a DD from a regular bra store.. the bras sold at "regular bra stores" seem to be a lot smaller than bras sold at maternity stores though I must say so I would recommend buying them at a store where you can try them on!

Yeah, my 2 maternity bras are ugly (just a plain white and a plain black) but they feel great, in my normal bras my boobs feel so heavy, whereas in my maternity bras I can't feel them at all..

I'm sure you could wear nursing bras during pregnancy though, because people DO get pregnant while still nursing, and it's not like everyone's going to be seeing your bra & judging you anyway, lol.

i refuse to even go bra shopping right now because i love pretty underwired bras lol but im sure there must be somewhere online that sells them we just have not found them yet

I don't think you have to have a 'maternity bra', a nursing bra will do the same job as will a proper fitting non-underwired bra.

I had my first couple of maternity bras from Mothercare and they were really pretty and supportive but I got my next one from M&S - I had it fitted like the Mothercare ones but the maternity bras there weren't really fitting very well so the woman went and got a 'normal' bra (wireless :rofl:) and although it wasn't a pretty one it's been great - really supportive which was more important by the time I got it!!!

I got a Next nursing one off ebay in the second tri (it was cheap and thought it'd do for sleeping in if it didn't quite fit properly), it's been really good too - was lucky that it fitted :)

x

TOPSHOP !!! I have got the most comfy maternity bra from topshop, I think it also must be a nursing bra as it has the detachable straps. I couldn't believe how nice it felt after my normal underwired bras, am very impressed plus its not at all frumpy like some of the ones Ive tried !

You don't need anything special, just a bra that fits well. Underwired bras are fine as long as they fit well, but soft cups may be more comfortable later.

A few weeks ago I got new bras to accommodate my changing shape, one underwired, one soft cup. I wear the soft cup exclusively now though as the underwire presses down on the bump when I'm sat down.

It's best to wait until two weeks before your EDD to get a nursing bra, in case you grow a lot in 3rd tri!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->