breast pumping?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
For those of you who have breast fed and pumped milk... which did you find more painful? Honestly.

I really do not wish to breastfeed, but I think pumping will be the way I go, so that the baby at least has breastmilk, for the first few months anyways, I will likely use formula too.

I hated pumping, it takes a lot of work, more then breast-feeding! I'd highly recommend breast-feeding over pumping. By the time you pump (every 2-3hrs) and keep bottles clean, sterilized full time pumping is horrible. I did it for 6 months...

well if it doesn't work out I will just do formula.

Breastfeeding is easier and more comfortable than pumping for me too.

:hug:

Why are u so against breast-feeding?

I was curious but didn't want to be rude and ask.

Well,I don't know about Ryder but I also definitely won't be breastfeeding because it is for me uncomfortable,I don't like the thought of it or the concept of it....it's just not something I want to do.
I will bottle feed.

So,there....it's probably not my place to answer this since you asked her the question and probably don't care about my answer...but there.:shrug:

for me I will breast feed initially but I cant imagine how comfortable Im going to feel about it!! I also know Im not going to do it in public!! However if I cannot successful pump I will continue to use breast but probably not for long!!

I can just see Id end up not being able to go anywhere!

idk i still think its selfish when people don't even try to breastfeed.

:shock:
People have their reasons,every and each one.Reasons that they shouldn't be judged for!

I said it once before,we ALL here have nothing but our children's best interest at heart and if not breastfeeding is something that endangers our kids we sure as hell wouldn't be considering it.

Don't you think it's a tad insulting that you are calling people on this board selfish without even knowing their circumstances?
Some of them actually have nipple phobias,it's an actual phobia.

A personal choice,there's no right or wrong answer to that question.

Plus,we are now far far from the subject Ryder posted.

:shock:
People have their reasons,every and each one.Reasons that they shouldn't be judged for!

I said it once before,we ALL here have nothing but our children's best interest at heart and if not breastfeeding is something that endangers our kids we sure as hell wouldn't be considering it.

Don't you think it's a tad insulting that you are calling people on this board selfish without even knowing their circumstances?
Some of them actually have nipple phobias,it's an actual phobia.

A personal choice,there's no right or wrong answer to that question.

Well everyone knows the benefits for the baby, and the mum too. Health professionals reccommend breastfeeding for a reason. I think it's very selfish not to even try it just b/c you THINK you MIGHT feel uncomfortable. It's different if the mother tries it for a few weeks and decides she HATES it. But people who dismiss it without even giving it a go kind of angers me a little :|
I won't apologise for my opinion but I'm sorry if you were massively offended by it.

I wasn't massivly offended,but I just think that you have no right to be angered but my personal choice.
Thats it.

I'm sure you get angered by how some people discipline their children, or the morals they teach them. Same thing applies here.

I didn't say you're a bad mother b/c you aren't breastfeeding, I said I think it's selfish that you're not giving it a go.

Thats different.Because the way people teach their children wrong things one day affects the world and other people.

Will me not breastfeeding one day affect the world?

No but it could affect your child.

and if you want to get technical..

https://www.womenshealth.gov/breastfeeding/index.cfm?page=227

look @ benefits for soceity.

I don't believe that.

I work with kids in a home.I see them every day,most of them who were abandoned at birth are of course bottlefed.They are perfectly healthy children,I see no difference between them and kids whos mother have breastfed them.
I myself wasn't breastfed and I have an excellent immune system and was a very advanced child.Same as my sister.

Okay. Lets just agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"