breast pumping?

This thread has actually just pissed me the f*ck off. Alright, breast feeding might not be for you but to say it's not natural is the most stupid thing I have ever read in my LIFE. What exactly were you taught is the definition of natural? I cannot for one second believe that when my little girl is on my boob looking up at me, that it's not natural and not the way it's supposed to be.

If you choose not to breast feed, that's your business, but it is natural, it is how it's supposed to be, and I'm quite offended.

SHE DIDNT SAY THAT IT WASNT NATURAL SHE SIMPLY SAID THAT IT DOESNT FEEL NATURAL TO SOME WOMEN THERES A DIFFERENCE.

Again - back to the original Q, I bet when they get their little teeth coming through pumping is easier lol.

I agree :rofl:

I will not be BF through choice of which i wont go into ... but in my situation i feel it would be overall better for both my own and my babies health

For those of you who have breast fed and pumped milk... which did you find more painful? Honestly.

I really do not wish to breastfeed, but I think pumping will be the way I go, so that the baby at least has breastmilk, for the first few months anyways, I will likely use formula too.

OMG!! Just re read the question and realised that I didn even answer the question just waffled on about crap lol

Errr for me personally neither hurt, with kaysie the first 30 seconds stung a bit when latching on (Matt always knew when she had latched on properly cos the look on my face lol), and pumping didnt hurt at all. I think it is different for each woman, have friends who booby feeding was just impossible cos it hurt them so much, but also have friends that it was pumping that did that.

Personally, I think that even if it's only for 6 weeks, you should still feed the baby breastmilk. + yes, I obviously know all babys get sick at some point, I'm not stupid. However, there is no point in denying that BF babys are sick LESS often, b/c the stats speak for themselves.. + before anyone jumps in and says 'my bottle fed baby hasnt been sick once' I'm talking about the average baby; there's always an exception to the rule.

my baby is breastfed and has been from the start. hes had a couple of infectons, a cold and a virus and he's only 8 wks old. we're looking after him properly, he is not neglected, so i think that statement is rubbish. and im no exception from the rule, i know a few babies who are the same.

i have to say that i wonder why you have such strong feelings about breastfeeding when you have never tried it before? because until you know or have tried i dont think its fair to ram your opinion on other people. its totally different to what you probably think and leeanne made some very good points earlier in the thread. its not all good!

and im not being horrible to you for the sake of it because there has been some things ive agreed with you on so dont take offence.

xxx

Both of them are uncomfortable at first. If the baby is latched on properly it doesn't hurt at all (maybe for the first few sucks), but pumping is uncomfortable the entire way through, your skin just kind of gets used to it I guess.

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I don't care what you do. Do what you want. I find people who don't want to try to breastfeed b/c they feel uncomfortable selfish, end of. I'm not going to take it back or say sorry b/c I'm not. It's how I feel and that's that.

+ I didn't say anything about your babys being deprived or uncared for. I never once and would never say any of you were bad mothers because you chose to use formula... or for any other reason unless you were putting your kid in danger.

I am a first time mother but I don't really see what the difference makes. If I for some reason can't breastfeed or express then I'll have to use formula won't I? Atleast I would have tried. I plan on expressing everyday so my OH can do the midnight feed (atleast when he's on paternity leave, and after if he still wants to feed him/her).

Personally, I think that even if it's only for 6 weeks, you should still feed the baby breastmilk. + yes, I obviously know all babys get sick at some point, I'm not stupid. However, there is no point in denying that BF babys are sick LESS often, b/c the stats speak for themselves.. + before anyone jumps in and says 'my bottle fed baby hasnt been sick once' I'm talking about the average baby; there's always an exception to the rule.

Funny you say this as we had a questionnaire about breastfed and bottle fed .. guess what breast fed babies came out to be sick more then bottle fed. ( this is in my playgroup) Yes breast is best in the nutrients and what not but it doesnt stop a child catching the flu or being sick. This is my opioion only as i bottle feed and my kids never get sick but all my breast fed mums kids get sick all the time :shrug:
Anyway im going from the questionnaire and to point out that its not always the case with protecting babies from sickness.

I have been expressing over 95% of feeds for my daughter since she was 4 weeks old, she is now 14 weeks. I have both a manual and electric pump and find myself using the manual one the majority of the time. It takes me less than half an hour to pump an 7oz feed.

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I don't care what you do. Do what you want. I find people who don't want to try to breastfeed b/c they feel uncomfortable selfish, end of. I'm not going to take it back or say sorry b/c I'm not. It's how I feel and that's that.

Way I see it, you are selfish to even suggest that people who don't breastfeed are selfsih.

+ I didn't say anything about your babys being deprived or uncared for. I never once and would never say any of you were bad mothers because you chose to use formula... or for any other reason unless you were putting your kid in danger.

Calling someone selfish for not breastfeeding is in fact putting down a mother.

I am a first time mother but I don't really see what the difference makes.

Damn well does make a difference. I've had two babies now and will soon have my third. Until you actually experience things the way I or someone else has once your baby comes, you can make all these wonderful plans of breastfeeding and expressing but you don't know how it will all turn out. I was telling you my experience and all that I said was true and it is tough. I gave you the disadvantages - take them or leave them.

Personally, I think that even if it's only for 6 weeks, you should still feed the baby breastmilk.

I also gave you other examples of how that may not be a right thing to do, if someone had to go back to work, to avoid stressing out your own baby, etc. You obviously didn't read in full.

Why would that stress the baby out anymore?

I wasn't going to get involved in this debate but just wanted to say one thing (or possibly a few things)...I think that however a baby is fed, one of the most important things in the first few weeks is the relationship that forms between a baby and its mother/parents. The baby has to learn to trust its mother and feel comfortable with her, and the more relaxed she is, the easier that will be. If she is uncomfortable with the idea of breastfeeding but feels she has to feed for the first few weeks to 'give the baby the best start', she will be stressed at a time when she should be bonding with her child (and feeding can be pretty much constant at first).

The 'best start' for a child involves so much more than just nutrition, and I think you have to consider most than just the content of the food a baby is being given when you talk about selflessly doing what is best for them.

Ugh I can't believe this is still going on.

You simply just cannot come out and call someone selfish because they choose to bottlefeed. Its rude, inconsiderate, condesending and just down right bitchy. As far as I know, the majority of us here live in countries where we are allowed to have our own opinions and make our own decisions WITHOUT being degraded for them.

This fourm used be an incredibly friendly place where we could all come and express our opinions, and while we didn't all agree with one another, nobody came out and said anything downright mean to anyone. I have no idea what happened with this thread, or who figured they had special permission to talk like shit to other posters because they had a difference in opinion.

I think there are many pro's and cons of both bf and ff, I personally and going to bf; that is becausemy mother is a lactation consultant and I will have her full support 24/7. And I have noticed that when the discussion on publics view on bf women in public areas was on, noone put in for Aus. So i'd just like to mention that where I am (can't speak for other cities/ states) bf is very much the norm. Whilst you won't see a lady on every bench bf, you can often see them feeding in the food courts whilst they are eating (discretely of course), but we also have mothers rooms where you can bf, take your child to toilet and heat up formula for bottles in there too.

I am very pro-bfing, but I understand that many women aren't able to or, as someone said (sorry read it a while ago!), some women need to go back to work sooner rather than later. Trying to ram my opinions of bfing on them isn't going to change their mind, it's only going to create big arguments.

I have noticed that many of the ladies are made to feel extradited if they bf in public, I sympathise with you! And if I were in a place like that then I would probably ff as well, otherwise you'd either never go out or you'd constantly be worried that you'll have nowhere to hide and feed your child. This isn't an attack on those countries either so pls don't take it as one.

I think we all want whats best for our child, as we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place. So if it's going to make the mother a happier and more confident person by chosing to ff straight off, then so be it. IMO I would be inclined to try and express the colustrum in the first few days though.

And as a downfall of bfing, I have to be the one who feeds my child all the time. And whilst i'm not complaining, i'm sure there are times when i'll want my OH to take her so I can pinch a few moments of me time, but if she's hungry, that can't happen.

My friend had a premie so couldn't breastfeed and she told me today that she had to express her milk for the first week or so using a tiny syringe and it took AGES. So don't expect it to come out like a cow :|

Pumping for a premature baby is a lot of hard work, people think it is easy...they have no wrong they are. Especially if you can not hold them.

This thread is pissing me off too much...

The two threads together made me exhausted. :rofl:

I agree to i have stayed well out of it after i gave my first comments , i have a mouth on me and im not afraid to use it but this thread and tested me and im going to not say another thing! :smug: if i did i wont stop .. right now breattthh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->