breast pumping?

I am not looking at any links or anything.Cause I could now go up and down the internet finding you resources that say that there is no difference...I won't.
And yes,breast milk is maybe the best but formula will NOT in any way negativly affect my child.

Formula doesn't contain antibodies and babys (in general) don't digest formula as well as breastmilk. + say what you want but it's a scientific fact. Babys who aren't breastfed get sick more often.

Okay I know I shouldn't be butting in on your debate here BUT...

I plan to breast feed but I may very well have to bottle feed because I'm leaving my child for hours at a time when she's a month old to go back to school. If I can't pump, its going to have to be bottle.

However, I think it IS very judgemental to say that it is selfish. You could preach all you want about how good breast milk is, and even if it is better, you still have no RIGHT to belittle someone else's choice or decision. And yes, saying its selfish or that people who bottle feed are not providing or taking care of their children as they should is belittling.

Have your opinions, but have some tact as well.

Thats not true.
It depends on many factors.Genes,family history...

I have tons of examples of breastfed children who get sick every month and then some bottlefed who never get sick(like me).
I'm not connecting that to the way they were fed as children in the slightest.

I said it was selfish TO NOT TRY and breastfeed. Even if she did it for a week and decided against it, fine. Atleast she tried.

Thats not true.
It depends on many factors.Genes,family history...

I have tons of examples of breastfed children who get sick every month and then some bottlefed who never get sick(like me).
I'm not connecting that to the way they were fed as children in the slightest.

Um there's always going to be the exception to the rule :\ I'm talking about in general.

I said it was selfish TO NOT TRY and breastfeed. Even if she did it for a week and decided against it, fine. Atleast she tried.

She doesn't have to try, its her choice and she shouldn't be made to feel crap about her choice :dohh:

She doesn't have to try, its her choice and she shouldn't be made to feel crap about her choice :dohh:

No, she doesn't. But I think it's selfish that she chooses not to.

ok,well now that you shared that with us.....I think I'll go and have breakfast.:munch:

I dont think Blah11 isnt intentionally belittling anyone!! She is just expressing her opinions!! Im the same.... I dont really understand why someone wouldnt TRY to breastfeed but I appreciate that everyone has their own reasons!!! She didnt say that people who bottle feed are not providing or taking care of their children!! She just finds it selfish!

a few weeks back I had a grown woman say "i never breastfed I couldnt imagine something sucking on my tit"!! I was SHOCKED :shock:!! breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world and your newborn baby will turn his/her head towards your breast when your holding him/her in the first weeks of life!!

For me.... I know I wont be able to do it in public and I dont want to turn into a recluse for the first 6 months or whatever of my babies life!! I also dont want the feeling of being trapped!! If I cant express then... I can say goodbye to the gym or the little chance of social life I may have!! I think my mental health is important and it is something that doesnt help with the baby blues/ or PND... being stuck indoors!

Without be able to express I really doubt very much I will breastfeed for anything longer than 6 weeks!! But they say anything is better than never doing it at all!!

My friend really struggled with bf as baby suffered really bad jaundice and stayed in hospital for the first week of her life!! But she managed to express her first feed!! Which as a mother satisfied her!! :)

I agree that being bottle fed is not a bad thing they make the formulas just a good these days and my daughter is perfectly healthy. I have found what blah has said to be very wrong and im intending to bottle feed this time too. You are not a mother yet either so u cant critise others ie people like me who are!

I agree that being bottle fed is not a bad thing they make the formulas just a good these days and my daughter is perfectly healthy. I have found what blah has said to be very wrong and im intending to bottle feed this time too. You are not a mother yet either so u cant critise others ie people like me who are!

excuse me? what has me 'not being a mother yet' to go to do with anything?
+ Nothing is as good as breastmilk. It's silly to try and say otherwise b/c even a monkey would know it's not.

Blah nobody is saying you are wrong. There are many benefits to breastfeeding, and I'm sure the person in question here (Amy) realizes that. She just isn't comfortable with breastfeeding.

The whole reason people are being offended is because of the way you are wording your posts. You come across (to me anyway) that you are attacking her (and any mother on here who feels the same way)or viewing her as lesser than you because of her decision to bottle feed from the very start.

I'm not trying to stir up s**t here today, but I personally just feel that you're being disrespectful in the way that you're saying things here. It isn't what your saying, its how you're saying them.

well duh! But im afraid im obvoiusly very selfish and u r brilliant then! Look im not gunna argue with u about this just both feel strongly bout it and i do think ur very patronising!!

I disagree formulas are not "just as good"!! But they are a very good subsitute!!

I dont think being pregnant with your 1st gives you any less of a right to have an opinion!!!

Well I've said 'i dont think it makes you a bad mother'. I thought that would have made it perfectly clear.. obviously not.

well im afraid we dont all agree on this but thats my personal opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->