breast pumping?

well duh! But im afraid im obvoiusly very selfish and u r brilliant then! Look im not gunna argue with u about this just both feel strongly bout it and i do think ur very patronising!!

If you can't discuss this like an adult then I'm not going to respond to you. I don't wish to get into a preschool type arguement with you. I'm not 5.

Well I've said 'i dont think it makes you a bad mother'. I thought that would have made it perfectly clear.. obviously not.

it was clear to me!!!
There was a debate on breastfeeding only a week or so ago!! And to me it seems as soon as someone says they are going to bottle feed they immediately try and justify why.... like those who have chosen to bottle feed put up a guard and are expecting to be criticised!!!
Thats how it seems to me anyway!! :shrug:!!

Maybe you was a tad blunt saying you thought it was selfish!! :shrug:

'Selfish' is an insulting word to call someone.Thats what wind me up.

I know that breast milk is best in genral.But formula is a very good sub as Kerry said.
I appreciate and RESPECT choices of every woman on this board.

Now I'm going back to my breakfast....and I'm not having milk.:D

Well I've said 'i dont think it makes you a bad mother'. I thought that would have made it perfectly clear.. obviously not.

it was clear to me!!!
There was a debate on breastfeeding only a week or so ago!! And to me it seems as soon as someone says they are going to bottle feed they immediately try and justify why.... like those who have chosen to bottle feed put up a guard and are expecting to be criticised!!!
Thats how it seems to me anyway!! :shrug:!!

Maybe you was a tad blunt saying you thought it was selfish!! :shrug:

I'm generally a pretty blunt person but I guess it's something that really irks me.

+ yeah, I agree with the whole justification of bottle feeding. Like I said, it's not the fact that they're bottle feeding, it's the fact that they're not willing to give breastfeeding a try. Why would you not try your best to do whats best for your child? It baffles me.

I didnt get the chance to try my hubby was passed the baby and a bottle and told to feed her i then thought it was too late to try now i know i could of but it was all new to me and just thought it was too late but i was happy with it in the end anyway and thats why ive decided to again.

I didnt get the chance to try my hubby was passed the baby and a bottle and told to feed her i then thought it was too late to try now i know i could of but it was all new to me and just thought it was too late but i was happy with it in the end anyway and thats why ive decided to again.

:S what? I hope you don't plan on going to same hospital this time round if that was the case... what sort of idiot midwife would do that?

I'm generally a pretty blunt person but I guess it's something that really irks me.

+ yeah, I agree with the whole justification of bottle feeding. Like I said, it's not the fact that they're bottle feeding, it's the fact that they're not willing to give breastfeeding a try. Why would you not try your best to do whats best for your child? It baffles me.

A happy mom=happy baby.

If the mom feels uncomfortable and bad I'm guessing the baby won't enjoy it too much either.

my friend who only managed to breastfed her babies first feed continued with formula because she could monitor how much her baby was feeding!! She had to write it down!!

Thats something I like the idea of as well!! With a breast you dont know how much baby is drinking!!

my friend who only managed to breastfed her babies first feed continued with formula because she could monitor how much her baby was feeding!! She had to write it down!!

Thats something I like the idea of as well!! With a breast you dont know how much baby is drinking!!

I think you have a pretty good idea when your baby is satisfied in regards to breastfeeding. Also, you can see the milk gather in their chin and then they swallow. Besides, if it's not gaining weight then you know baby isn't getting enough.

Tell me about i was quite upset as it was on my birthplan to try and breastfeed but they were so busy they didnt even look at the plan! I want a homebirth this time as the whole experience of that hospital was generally awful!

A happy mom=happy baby.

If the mom feels uncomfortable and bad I'm guessing the baby won't enjoy it too much either.

Quite a few mothers on here hated the idea of breastfeeding then ended up really enjoying it. 'don't knock it til you try it' lol

I think you have a pretty good idea when your baby is satisfied in regards to breastfeeding. Also, you can see the milk gather in their chin and then they swallow. Besides, if it's not gaining weight then you know baby isn't getting enough.

But you cant actually write down how many oz etc... like my friend had to do in the hospital!!

Tell me about i was quite upset as it was on my birthplan to try and breastfeed but they were so busy they didnt even look at the plan! I want a homebirth this time as the whole experience of that hospital was generally awful!

I'd of been like 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' and snatched the baby back :hissy:

Why don't you want to try with this one if you were upset that you couldn't with your last?

But you cant actually write down how many oz etc... like my friend had to do in the hospital!!

oo why did she have to do that? Was her baby premature or something? If I had to do that I'd switch to formula I think :( I don't think I could solely express. I don't mind expressing for 1 or 2 feeds a day, but not all of them.

This prob will said bad i have thought bout it but i just know what im doing with formula and thought it mite be hard with a two year old aswell to look after to learn! That prob sounds stupid and i actually would like to do it just scares me now!

Anyway, back to ryder's question before she gets back on here and sees what her thread has turned into.....

Has anyone exclusively pumped after the first few days when milk comes in?

oo why did she have to do that? Was her baby premature or something? If I had to do that I'd switch to formula I think :( I don't think I could solely express. I don't mind expressing for 1 or 2 feeds a day, but not all of them.

Baby was jaundice quite badly... as i think because my friend was rh neg and had to have all those injections... baby still had crossed over blood types!!
She wasnt very well and baby just wasnt latching on to the breast! I think baby went over 12 hours without eating!! So they swapped to SMA and she was writing down how much her baby had to drink!!! Personally I would have prob have been abit more persistant in the expressing but she said it really hurt!! One thing Im not looking forward to :(

This prob will said bad i have thought bout it but i just know what im doing with formula and thought it mite be hard with a two year old aswell to look after to learn! That prob sounds stupid and i actually would like to do it just scares me now!

Aw :( Maybe you could talk to your midwife about your concerns and explain what happened last time? I think you'd be fine with your 2 year old though. My mum managed with me and my siblings. We are 22, 20, 18 and 10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->