Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

I loved knowing what we were having but I knew it was a boy anyway.

^^ That still works in your favor though. You just know that you are having the opposite of what you think you are going to have. :haha:

I loved knowing what we were having but I knew it was a boy anyway.

LOL I "knew" Thomas was a girl! So much for mother's intuition in my case!

My intuition was right both times, but with my son OH was POSITIVE he was a girl!
He kept accidentally saying "she" the entire time, and when he was born he yelled "What? OMG! She's a boy!!!!" :haha:
It took him a few more days to stop saying she..!

Hey ladies! sorry I've been a crappy poster, we had to have Paige's hearing evaluated. She's 11 months and non-verbal :( no "mama dada" etc. They said her ears looked perfect so it's more of a speech issue so we're looking into early intervention :( Anyway, my test was a bfn. I figured it was. My doc doesn't think I'm ovulating. Paige has started to self wean only 2-3 times a day. She's taking my deep freezer stash by bottle now which is awesome! I have like 2000 oz I need to use before it expires! I was originally trying to start a bleed (haven't had one since march) with 8 days of the mini pill but it didn't work either so my doc gave me a prescription for 10mg progesterone and 50mg clomid. I've NEVER taken fertility aids before so I'm pretty nervous about it all. :/ I'm pretty sure if I weaned cold turkey my cycles would return in a month or two but I also know Paige will NOT handle that well AT ALL. She is wayyy too attached :( So here we go on our new exciting adventure :p

LadyMum - Sorry, I don't know your story but 11 months is so young! My son has a speech delay, and our developmental ped looks for babbling with consonants at a year, with some children saying 1-2 words. Many children are not talking using real words at 11 months! Our LO made no sounds at all by a year - no babbling or vowel sounds at all! xx

Ladymum - I hope you start af soon though!! Sorry to hear about her speech I hope the early intervention will help her a bunch. :hugs:

Ladymum just so you know taking those meds can zap your supply, I noticed when I took clomid my supply got low, maybe not forcing a period is better for now since your LO needs the BM? I took motilium to help with the low supply while taking clomid but all that did was mess up my cycles and give me a 4 day lp and a period every two weeks sometimes without ovulation so it obviously was not worth it. I'm not telling you what to do, just giving you some info and my experience.

Sun- Paige will be a year on 9/9 and she is not vocalizing at all and never has. No "mama dada baba" etc. We don't expect "words" but she should be repeating and vocalizing syllables by a year and has not.

Thanks Kelly9 for your input. Paige is kind of self weaning on her own we're down to 2-3 feeds per day then she gets expressed milk in a sippy cup during meals ( i have like 2000oz in my deep freezer :p ) The nursing feeds she does now are more of comfort suckles than actual feeds and if my milk does take a dip I do have some fenugreek to take for a boost if I need it. I'm pretty ok with her weaning if the milk takes a dive. At almost a year I am comfortable if she no longer breastfeeds but also I will not with hold it from her if she wants to comfort suckle. We've been working on the freezer stash since I don't want it to expire. :D

I know I bang on about this, but it's a great resource (I've donated myself). Lady, if you're worried you won't get through the milk before it expires, you could donate some of it. I'm sure there's a mum out there who'd be ever so grateful. Have a look at HM4HB.

Ladymum, sounds good just wanted to warn you in case bf'ing was a big priority for you also the fenugreek and blessed thistle didn't help me when I took clomid etc to increase my supply after it dived.

I'm back! I've lost the baby! :( And finally have internet back, too!

Kelly9 - have you had that call yet?? :flower:

Well, I don't know if I really did Ov :wacko: Got a positive OPK on 10th Aug. Then started spotting on 15th & 16th Aug.

Jelly I am so so sorry! :hug:
Mum- I don't think she has gotten the call yet. She is taking a small break from bnb for the next week or so. ;)

So sorry jelly bean :hugs:

mum you likely did ov, I got a positive opk and a temp increase then got my period 3 days later for my first cycle after being pg but the next cycle my lp was much longer for a while anyway

I dont know what happened this time I had a really light bleed for a few days then it stopped and a few days later I had a heavier bleed!

That is odd! Mine is normally the reverse, I start light/medium then period stops for a day then comes back light for a day.

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->