Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

yea it was taken with my crapberry phone :( but IRL it is blue but fait... the FRER digi and IC were bfn so I'm probably not but being diabetic I need to be sure.. ugh long night ahead..

results are in: Beta's a BFN. I'm really not surprised actually. I didn't have much faith to start so now I'm just back to waiting for that AF :)

Boo!!!! I was hoping for some good news for you. I find blue dye tests are more likely to give evaps or false positives. I like the pink ones.

Well I've been temping for 60 days. Several false FF ovulation crosshairs which were taken away again. I think I'm going to stop temping for a bit. Not only is my chart very long and starting to distort the FF page when I look at it :lol:, but it's really depressing.
I tried the different lights while sleeping thing for 2 weeks, but had to stop as the total dark gave the baby nightmares. :(
I guess I'll do spot checks every few weeks or so. Probably 3 days in a row should be enough to tell me if I'm still anovulatory as my temps are not that high now.
Really not keen on weaning, but giving it another month or so. I guess 14.6 months is the average AF return time for women doing ecological BF (no bottle or dummies, not separate from baby, feed on demand throughout day and night), which I'm not as I work (and no longer pump), and sometimes refuse. So I figure 14 months is giving AF the best chance so come back by itself. So annoying as I've had patches of EWCM, bad cramping and so on every few weeks since 7-8 months. That and I have no clue how to wean a serious booby-monster baby who won't drink milk from anything but me and still wakes several times a night. :dohh:

Well I've been temping for 60 days. Several false FF ovulation crosshairs which were taken away again. I think I'm going to stop temping for a bit. Not only is my chart very long and starting to distort the FF page when I look at it :lol:, but it's really depressing.
I tried the different lights while sleeping thing for 2 weeks, but had to stop as the total dark gave the baby nightmares. :(
I guess I'll do spot checks every few weeks or so. Probably 3 days in a row should be enough to tell me if I'm still anovulatory as my temps are not that high now.
Really not keen on weaning, but giving it another month or so. I guess 14.6 months is the average AF return time for women doing ecological BF (no bottle or dummies, not separate from baby, feed on demand throughout day and night), which I'm not as I work (and no longer pump), and sometimes refuse. So I figure 14 months is giving AF the best chance so come back by itself. So annoying as I've had patches of EWCM, bad cramping and so on every few weeks since 7-8 months. That and I have no clue how to wean a serious booby-monster baby who won't drink milk from anything but me and still wakes several times a night. :dohh:

:hugs::hugs: You know hun, I was feeling the same. I decided to just go with the flow & wait. Then all of a sudden my LO went from feeding loads through the night to sleeping ALL night in his cot, between 10-13hours without feeds! It's been 10 nights now. No sleep training or anything different, he's just started STTN of his own accord.

I haven't got AF back, but STTN has got to be a step in the right direction. But what I'm getting at is, you just never know your LO will probably just take you by suprise one night!! Hope that give you some hope! :hugs:

:hugs:
Really hope that AF comes back very soon for you. I think giving up temping sounds like a good idea until she comes back, too frustrating. Maybe you could just temp for a few days if you get patches of EWCM? My AF came back at 17 months.

I hope af comes back for you to but I know moms who didn't get AF back till they dropped their very last feed. It's different for everyone, I was exclusively bf'ing and pumping like a maniac and got af with ovulation before my first af (opks and charting told me this) at 3 months to the day!

I'm in the process of doing the initial 10 day recording for the No Cry Sleep Solution as she's persistently needing to be fed to sleep and it's getting more difficult as she gets older and bigger. It made me realize how much she does feed over night. As she wakes up and wants to come into bed all the feedings have been a blur, but she wakes to BF something like 5 or 6 times a night. Sometimes every hour, but only for a minute or so. :wacko: So it's kind of no wonder I don't have AF back.

I think its great that she still bf's that much. My guy was pretty much done with it around 10 months he just didn't want it anymore, he wanted solids instead. I am hoping to bf my next one over a year so I hope they don't loose interest as well. I may try BLW as well and skip the whole purees etc.

I'm in the process of doing the initial 10 day recording for the No Cry Sleep Solution as she's persistently needing to be fed to sleep and it's getting more difficult as she gets older and bigger. It made me realize how much she does feed over night. As she wakes up and wants to come into bed all the feedings have been a blur, but she wakes to BF something like 5 or 6 times a night. Sometimes every hour, but only for a minute or so. :wacko: So it's kind of no wonder I don't have AF back.

Good luck with getting her sleeping better. Night weaning might be an option to try before giving up breastfeeding altogether. I night weaned Thomas at about 13 months, although he wasn't feeding anything like that frequently overnight. There was a good bit of crying though the first night, but I just comforted him as best I could without feeding him and he eventually went back to sleep without a feed after about two hours. I was dreading having to do the same again the following night but he never woke for a feed the next night! So on the whole it was a lot easier than I was expecting. I have heard that it gets harder to night wean as they get closer to 18 months as they become a lot more stubborn and determined.

Really? I've heard that it's easier after 18 months as they understand the concept of 'later' better. I tried day weaning around 11 months and that was going ok for about 2 weeks, then she got sick and wouldn't eat or drink anything except boob and once she got better started smacking me and yelling when she sees me holding a bottle. :dohh: Nightweaning was always going to be one of my last options because she's always been a determined overnight feeder (and cosleeper-often she won't even sleep if she isn't touching me :?). I'm just trying to get an idea of her habits right now, but I don't know how I'll do it without boob as with boob she goes back to sleep within 5 minutes, but if I with hold (and even if I with hold the awful awful nipple twiddling) she starts yelling and screaming and climbing around angrily boobie hunting. She's a bit of a bully towards me. :(
She does seem to be in a bit of a frequent waking cycle right now (for the last 3 nights it's been up at 12am then up every hour afterwards until 6:30am), but sometimes sleeps until 3 am or so.

Someone suggested she may not be getting enough calories during the day and to supplement with coconut oil (which I haven't been able to find), but she eats loads. I've just been trying to fatten up what she does eat, but it doesn't really seem to be helping.

Hi girls :hi: mind if I join you?

I'm still breastfeeding my 10 month old son but feeling very ready for baby #2. I got AF back at 6 months, and I've been monitoring my cycles ever since. I was so excited that things seemed to be normal, and I'm now very disappointed that on my first proper TTC cycle, everything's gone to s**t :dohh: Temps don't make sense at all, I was ferning when I thought I should be fertile, but opks were never quite positive. Basically, I don't know what's happening and I don't have much hope for this cycle. (Simon went on a bit of a feeding frenzy at the beginning of the cycle just before cutting a new tooth, so maybe that's to blame?) I'm feeling a bit frustrated, but I guess all I can do is wait.

Hope you guys are having better luck this month

Welcome Lori :wave:
I feel ya about ttc. I just had another 9 lp. Boooo!!! Though she has been steadily nursing here recently. Hmm we will see what the next few months hold. Going try to drop to just night and evening feedings eventually and see how that goes. No rush yet being I need to get us moved and into a bigger place.

Bky your lo sounds just like mine! He never really wakes up in the night but fiddles to go to sleep and has to slept tucked right into me so he can attach him self whenever he wants some milk.

Hey ladies... I am still here... I am going back to work soon, just while the other girl takes maternity leave... So I need suggestions on switching Klaire to formula.... Any help would be great.... I don't get much pumping.... So that's really not an option.... Oh, I will be away from hubby during ov time this month. Booooo unless I ov early or late!

Can't help on tue formula never used it! Good luck though!

Witch got me this afternoon so praying that the clinic calls me for treatment! I'll cry if they don't. That also means I'll need to be by my phone constantly in case they do call. These next 10 days are going to drag by.

Crazy- I'd see if your LO will take a bottle or cup from someone else. They often will, but not from mom. Mine still takes a bottle at daycare, but screams at me if I try and offer her one.

LO has been sleeping better (as long as she's next to me), and I think, not feeding much overnight. Going to try hiding my boobs in something I need to wake up to take off/undo and feed her. Just to check I'm not sleep feeding her (since I sleep bring her into our bed :dohh:)

Thank you! She takes juice in a bottle from me... So hopefully that wont be an issue. I don't think I will switch her until next month, but I am just trying to prepare.

I got a positive OPK!!
Yesterday I woke & had lots of EWCM, so thought I'd try the OPKS again, did 3 over the course of the day & I had faint lines, which was amazing, as I never get a line usually after lunch time!
Then last night I had a sharpe Ov pain & now just I got a very positive OPK :happydance:

So, considering I had my O pain yesterday, but positive OPK today - am I now fertile? So sorry for dumb question, I'm just confused that I felt the O pain before getting a + OPK, or is that normal? :wacko:

How are you all ladies getting on? Anyone close to testing?
Any news from your clinic Kelly9? xxx:dust:

Crazy, is it just the pump you don't get on with? Some mothers do really good with hand expressing. Here's a great link that shows you how. If that's not an option, would you consider donor breastmilk? I've donated twice via HM4HB, and one was for a mum who'd gone back to university but couldn't pump enough to keep up with what her baby needed while she was away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->