Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

crossroads it looks like you may have ovulated!

I am not sure about the B6, I think its safe in BM as you take it in your prenatal vits. I was going to start it next cycle if I had another short lp this time.

There's some drama on my journal at the moment suggesting that B6 can dry up your milk! :wacko: I don't know what to think!

When do you think I ovulated?

cd 24. If you get another raised temp tomorrow you'll get crosshairs! I have never heard about that and b6 but you could call and ask a pharmacists. The clomid I take dries my milk up but thats why I have motilium, it keeps me in the bf'ing business.

cd 24. If you get another raised temp tomorrow you'll get crosshairs! I have never heard about that and b6 but you could call and ask a pharmacists. The clomid I take dries my milk up but thats why I have motilium, it keeps me in the bf'ing business.

ahhh that's a good idea!

So a doc was willing to prescribe Clomid to you?

yes but we have fertility problems and it wasn't until that was discovered that they were willing to give it to me.

crossroads - I have been taking 50mg of B-complex for 2 months to try and lengthen my LP! Hasn't affected my milk at all and I haven't heard that it does. xx

Guys, FF thinks I've ovulated!! :happydance:

Anyway, have any of you used the CBFM before?

I haven't used it as it's really expensive and my cheap OPKs work for finding my surge, and FF pinpoints my OV. So pricey CBFM not needed! xx

Lots of people on here use it though - I think there's a CBFM group/thread too.

Woo hoo I think the witch is on her way!! X

Woo hoo I think the witch is on her way!! X

good luck :happydance: wish mine was :( given up NTNP until may now as dont want a dec/jan baby (just find those months too depressing lol) so want it back now please !!!

SUn have you found the b complex works? I am considering it for next cycle if I ever ov.

Kelly9 - I haven't noticed any difference at all in my cycles, but I feel like I have more energy generally!
I am still taking it though, as a change like that takes a few cycles to make a difference - so maybe I'll see an improvement this cycle or next! xx

Ok well let me know! I am still waiting to ovulate to see what this cycles lp will bring.

Sun I've stopped taking my 100mg vitamin B6 as I'm scared it will dry up my milk. I'm going to talk to the doc about it when I see her on the 18th.

Sun I've stopped taking my 100mg vitamin B6 as I'm scared it will dry up my milk. I'm going to talk to the doc about it when I see her on the 18th.

I havn't stopped into your journal yet so not sure what everyone else is saying, but Vitamin B is just a vitamin and it's something your body NEEDS (ESPECIALLY when pregnant and BFing). I wouldn't see how it would dry up your milk (you get it in foods too) :thumbup: but guess check with you're doc to be on the safe side, but i dont see how it could (its not like other drugs that could dry it up like the clomid)

I havn't stopped into your journal yet so not sure what everyone else is saying, but Vitamin B is just a vitamin and it's something your body NEEDS (ESPECIALLY when pregnant and BFing). I wouldn't see how it would dry up your milk (you get it in foods too) :thumbup: but guess check with you're doc to be on the safe side, but i dont see how it could (its not like other drugs that could dry it up like the clomid)

I agree - I've never heard anything about it drying up milk at all. :shrug:

I also have never heard of that.

Steph why does it matter if you take 2 a day or 1 a day? Did you buy a b 6 complex vitamin?

If you take it in intervals, it will give your body the chance to absorb more of it. When you swallow a vitamin (or anything for that matter), the body will take what it needs and the filter the rest out. So if you are taking it all at once, it may be filtering some of it out, whereas if you take it throughout the day, you will retain more of it. If that makes any sense. However, if you can't find the lower mgs (for some reason right now i am only able to find the 100mg :dohh:) then that will be fine, but just better to take a smaller amount (like 25mg-50mg) throughout the day.

You could take a B complex but i noticed the B6 wasn't in abundance so much as taking B6 directly. (There isn't as much B6 in a B-complex than if you took, say 50mg of B6 2x per day). Unless you get lucky and find a damn good B complex lol

Here you can buy B-25, B-50 or B-100 complexes which have 25, 50 and 100mg of B6 in addition to the other Bs. I take a B50 once a day - it has (50mg B1, 50mg B2, 50mg B6, 50mcg B12, 60mcg Folic Acid, 50mg Panthothenic Acid, 50mg Choline Bitartrate, 50mg Inositol, 50mg PABA). I am thinking of switching to a B-100 once this is done, but I won't take my B50 2x/day as I don't necessarily want to double up on all the vitamins. xx

Taking B50 2x per day is the same as taking B100 1x per day. Just your body will get better absorption with taking the less amount over time. I always suggest going the 25mg route if possible.
Only start taking a total of 50mg per day. If you see an increase in your LP then you dont have a need to jump up to more than that. I do not advise taking more than (a total) of 100mg per day it can mess with your nerves (like your sense of touch, etc). If 25mg 2x per day, doesn't do it in a cycle, next cycle bump it up to 25mg 3x per day. Etc. 25mg throughout the day is def. the way to go if you can. If not then try 50, if not that then obviously you will need to do 100mg. But if you can find a B-complex with the correct amount in it, then no need to take B6 independently. I just have trouble finding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->