Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

How long have you been completely done for now? I am so jealous by the way. I want my boobs back. Actually he was on a bit of a boob strike today, didn't want much to do with them at all hrmmm. I'll have to wait and see if it continues.

Well I guess it's only been a couple weeks now. I completely stopped when we went to Toronto a couple weeks ago. It's definitely nice not having to wear nursing bras or tops but my boobs are still leaking!! I feel like my stomach has tightened up since I stopped too.

Hey this is a little off subject... but just curious... what age did yall start giving baby cereal?? And also...... This month we decided to ntnp.... But next month we are going to get on it. lol Well and actually I will have to see what this month brings because we actually dtd more than we have in a looooooong time. haha I am just getting the drive back.

he taste tested 1-3x at 3 months but that wass about it. We didn't really truly start giving it to him until 5-6 months (closer to 6) x

we gave baby porridge from about 5 months, but he wasn't interested, so we tried again at 6 months, and he accepted it! So, 6 months, by his choice

4 months. Alia loved it!!
She wasn't on three meals a day till6 months

Well I started Klaire on 1 teaspoon at night in her bottle and so far it is great. She seems to be fine with it. But then I read all over the internet not to start yet and yada yada yada... So I wanted to hear from you all. Thanks!! I think I will just keep it up since it is not bothering her.... Or I suppose I would know if it bothered her by now...... She has done it for about 4 nights..... Don't ya think??? Anyway.. You all are great!! Thank you!

I just saw this thread! Does it count as TTC if you don't tell your husband that your trying? :haha:
We have been NTNP since I got my AF back when Connor was 4 months old. DH doesn't think this is the ideal time to have number 2 but I want another one now! We are not doing anything to prevent pregnancy except not having enough :sex:
Connor is down to 1 feed a day (in the morning) sometimes 2 on the weekends and my cycles are still all over the place!

Sure it counts Kel!

Skyler got baby oat cereal at 3 months 2 weeks he loved it and it's still his favourite!

audrey got baby oatmeal for the first time at 5 months but she just kept spitting it out and the doctor said it is a natural relfex to keep babies from choking and it will go away when theyre ready. so we have tried it weekly since then, and shes getting better but she is still not too interested in it. she usually has one oatmeal feed every night, but doesnt finish the whole thing. and since shes been sick weve barely been able to get her to take a bottle, much less anything else. i have this feeling that she would be content to just drink milk for the rest of her life! lol

QueSeraSera - Babies are all ready at different times!! Bun didn't start eating until he was 7.5 months. He can't eat dairy so I think that affected his weaning a bit, but he was just not interested until one day he was! We did BLW though, so he never ate baby cereals xx

im starting to think that maybe she just doesnt like the cereal. she reaches for my food all the time when im holding her or when she sees anyone eating, so shes very interested in it... but the cereal she just pushes out of her mouth. i have thought that maybe we should just go straight into the first foods, the purreed vegetables and such, but i just dont know if its safe to just jump into that or not. my stepson loved all food and so we never had this issue...6 months came around and he started eating cereal and quickly progressed through the stages of the baby food. audrey is so different though.

No harm in trying veggies. She is over 6 months after all. Just make sure you wait a few days in between trying new food in case of a reaction

i guess youre right...now is as good of a time as any! my peditrician is really no help on these things, shes kind of a "whenever you guys feel the time is right" sort of person when i would rather just a "yes its ok" or a "no its not" sort of answer. i think we will go ahead with it this weekend maybe and that way i can see if the peoblem is with the cereal or with foods in general :)

With BLW you just offer regular food right away, so I don't see why you couldn't offer the veg. Once they are 6 months you can pretty much offer anything. Though different parts of the world will suggest delaying different foods like peanuts, other nuts, eggs, etc. They are still undecided about whether delaying foods (like peanuts) makes a difference though. I delayed offering gluten and wheat because OH has a family history of celiac, but that's it.

Common allergens are: nuts, wheat, eggs, strawberries, dairy & soy.
Some things are a little hard to digest at first (like beans) but that's just because their digestive system is just starting to work! xx

There's a history of celiac in my hubby's family to but it didn't stop us from offering it we just watched a little more carefully for any kind of reaction or signs that it might be the gluten. So far so good!

We were a little extra worried because of Bun's dairy allergy! But we didn't delay too long - we just went slow xx

Lots of peds say to delay peanuts - some even suggest waiting 2-3 years!
We were planning to delay them, but then at 9 months I realized that I never stopped using peanut oil :haha: So I think it was actually one of his first foods lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->