Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

My nurse said they are changing the recommendation so that foods can be introduced as early as 4 months and that at 6 months anything is ok except for egg whites and honey.

thanks for all the info sun! now i sorta feel like i should have been offerening her food for a few weeks now...definitely going to get on this soon!

also, do you know anything about the order you should offer food, besides the potential allergic reaction foods. i know that with my stepson, his mom offered him fruit first and he LOVED it, so pretty much just gave him fruit and very very little veg in the beginning and fruit even over any of the older protein-rich foods when he was more ready for the textures and complicated foods. so that was all he would accept for the longest time and when i started having a say in it after DH and i were engaged and whatnot, i tried to force the veggie issue and to this day (hes over 4 years old now) he will absolutely not try veggies. DH has seen that his diet is severly imbalanced (he pretty much lives on fruit, yogurt and peanut butter sandwiches at his moms house) and has hopped on the veggie wagon with me, and its the biggest fight youve ever seen at every single meal. i want audrey to love vegetables like i do, so should i just focus on the veggies and downplay the fruits, or is that bad nutrionally? ahhh...sooo many questions! lol

I'm not a good one to ask that as we didn't do TW - we just offered our food from the start (BLW).

I think his very first foods were: roasted sweet potato, banana, rice, avocado and toast with hummus. I think it's hard to know what they'll like! I have been offering veg since the beginning (broccoli was one of the first) but he never liked it. I eat SO much veg and he still only eats veg in sauces (I load them up!) and in pureed soups. Babies do love and need lots of carbs though - lots go through the meat & carb only stage! I find that Bun will love one thing one week and another the next too - this week he is totally off 2 of his absolute favourites - bananas and raspberries! :shrug: So weird! xx

i really have so much to learn about this whole feeding thing...i wasnt even sure what BLW was to be honest. it was so easy when it was just "here's a boob...yummm yummm!" lol.

my MIL got us one of the baby puree machines and i think maybe she is pushing BLW for that reason. right now it seems like so much work what with being in work all day and such, but maybe after next week when i am a SAHM it will seem more manageable. i guess i will just have to trial and error it for the foods. like you said, their tastes can change rapidly... thanks again for all the info. i am so going to the bookstore tonight to buy some literature on this whole subject.

btw...totally craving rasberries now! ;)

I did apples first then carrots, pears, sweet potatoes, peas etc. I think as long as you balance the fruits out with veggies you're ok. Alia likes veggies better than fruit anyway! It helps to make the purées yourself. Veggies in a jar don't taste as good.

I got one of the puree machines (Beaba Babycook?) as a baby shower gift, but since we didn't use it I gave it to my friend.
She said it was really great - made things much faster and easier! :thumbup:

I started off with veggies only to avoid the whole not wanting to eat veggies due to the sweetness of fruit but Skyler likes both there are few things he doesn't like and I think they only reason why he doesn't want them is texture sometimes, it seem to be the food with little pieces of potatoes or whole peas and rice mixed in with the purred stuff that he doesn't care for but if you give him cut up toast with peanut butter and let him pick it up and eat it he loves it and chomps away.

okay so i am going to try to make the purees myself since i will have time starting next week. and it seems like as long as you balance the fruits and the veggies we should be pretty good. i think that was the problem with my stepson...he liked fruit and so that was all they ever offered him over there. i hope audrey ends up being like your LOs and she likes the veggies.

thanks all, for all the advice! :D

She might not like some veggies at first but just keep giving them. Sometimes it takes ten tastes or more to get them to like something.

a friend of mine with a son just a little older than audrey told me that feeding a baby new foods requires more patience than anything else in life. i just have to keep telling myself to be patient...be patient...be patient.. and she will learn to like the new tastes and textures :) ... :-/

I didn't find it too bad but Alia has always been a good eater. You'll be fine!! :flower:

My nurse said they are changing the recommendation so that foods can be introduced as early as 4 months and that at 6 months anything is ok except for egg whites and honey.

Who is "they"? x

FF confirmed ovulation today! But it hasn't placed the crosshairs where I thought they would be. I thought I would be 4DPO today but instead it says I'm only 3DPO. What do you think has happened guys? :shrug:

No idea, I don't know anything about how to work this stuff out, I really should learn lol!!

Still no AF for me here...LO hasn't fed since 7am today, usually he has something at 9am too, I think I am going to try and stop the habit of just feeding when he's bored. I am sitting here having a break from spring cleaning and my boobs feel soo full! It's madness!! I just want to stop daytime feeds so my AF will come back and I can start learning how to chart etc and actually get pregnant again!!

Who is "they"? x

They are going to be changing the recommendation??
Right now they recommend exclusive BF for the first 6 months of life, then introduction to solids while maintaining BF for as long as possible.
But you heard they are changing the exclusive BF guidelines to 4 months??

They haven't changed it yet so I don't have a link. But studies are showing more allergies from delayed weaning and also problems with not getting enough iron and whatnot. I don't think it's too big of a deal when you wean onto solids as long as baby is ready. Alia was definitely ready at 4 months because she gobbled up everything I gave her. Babies will spit it out if they're not ready.
Ps my doctor also advised weaning at 4 months if baby's ready xoxo

The have changed it in the States though. It is now anytime between 4-6 months. Doesn't matter when. but are still suggesting BFing at least until 6 months but saying longer is most def. better.

I personally think all the stupid chemicals and genetic modification has a lot to do with all the allergy reactions there are today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->