Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

yep, im not sure if the imitation vanilla extract works as we only have the real deal vanilla extract in our house. So if you are gonna get it, get the real stuff. Maybe the imitation kind works but i have no idea. doubtful.

Orajel is also not recommended cause it can numb the gag reflex and increase the chances of choking but if she's not eating anything that won't matter.

^ thats really interesting...i wonder if thats why z cough-chokes immediately agfer i give it to him? :shrug:

hey just to go back a page or two, the ladies who were having trouble getting lo's on to bottles, have you tried offering milk in a open cup? my lo wont take a bottle but is more than happy to have ebm from a cup!

He's not good enough with an open cup but he is good with a sippy cup more then good enough but I don't think he'll take the formula cause it tastes nasty. He is avoiding the bottle no matter whats in it so I will try EBM in the sippy cup and see how that goes. He's never had an issue taken frozen BM before so maybe it will work but it doesn't solve my problem of wanting to cut back on bf'ing cause once I run out of EBM then all there is is formula. I think I am just going to have to nurse him till he's a year or close to it then put him on homo milk. Hopefully he'll have no issues with that, I have tried pretty much everything and anything that is possible.

SO unless my cycles sort them selves out then it looks like I won't have a chance of getting pg till I am done nursing. I will be taking vitex in conjunction with my motilium in the hopes that it off sets the side effects.

Tiffany, have you ever used and SNS system? I know its for babies that either cant nurse (because of being premie) or because of milk supply issues (remember i used it), but i was thinking about that. It would be a good way for him to get milk since he doesn't want the bottle. I know that doesn't cut back with nursing, but it will a.) increase your milk supply because it attaches to your boob then a little small tube goes into his mouth at the same time the nipple does b.) it will help him get used to forumla for when you run out c.) he wont have to take the bottle d.) you may not have to take the Domperidone because it will help with yoru supply. You had a supply so you know you can get it back-would be a different story if you never had it.
Just a thought. the SNS is cheap and easy to use. Plus you wont have to take Domperidone and maybe your cycles will level out.

I would rather take the domperione, I think I am just going to let him nurse as long as he wants and basically let him wean himself off. He's already effectively cut out one feed so I know he'll do it with others. I can wait 3-4 more months to have a normal cycle it won't hurt me and it will give him what he needs. He can go on homo milk only around the 10 or 11 month mark. I am sure he will like the taste of that.

crazy about the orajel...i guess i wont be buying any of that. maybe ill just stick with the vanilla extract route when we get to the teething. we ended up taking audrey to the ER last night though and it wasnt the teething that was making her so sick. she just wouldnt eat and was running a temperature and was generally listless, it was really worrying me so i wanted to get her checked out. turns out that she does have an ear infection and a mild upper respiratory infection, manifesting itself as a cough and head congestion. poor thing is on antibiotics now. she had another rought night where i had to hold her all night, but she seems to be feeling a bit better this morning. DH is home with her now and i told him he has to report to me hourly with updates....oh the first time mom obsessiveness ;) talk about a horrible day for work...barely any sleep the last two nights and a sick baby at home that i cant stop worrying about. productivity is going to be minimal today, i think! lol

Hi Ladies, Only just found this thread.:wave:

My LO is nearly 13 months old and still BFing 2-3 times a day. I went back to work 6 weeks ago and LO started sleeping through 4-5 weeks ago. AF isn't back yet but I've had a bunch of fertile symptoms over the last few weeks and positive opk's Sunday/Monday. I also had what felt like ov pain on Sunday night so I'm guessing myself to be 2dpo.

So I'm in my TWW.

Does anyone know if I'm guarenteed a period or BFP at the end of this TWW, or could I have had a LH peak without ovulating and continue to remain without AF/infertile?

Hello! :wave: I think you would have to shed the lining of the uterus before you can OV again!
FX'd you get your BFP and never see AF though!! xx

Hi Celesse, I had EWCM a couple of times but no AF so I think my body must have been gearing up to ovulate but then didn't. So I started temperature charting so that I could see what my body was doing. Anyway I think I am 11 dpo now so I am waiting to see if AF arrives soon (or BFP of course, but I doubt I'll be that lucky!)

Hopefully you did ovulate and we will both get our BFPs and not see AF at all, LOL.

You can ovulate before your first flow but it's not as common. I def o'd before I got my cycle as seen by positive opk and temp shift in charting, I'd say it's more likely with a pos opk to so you may well get your bfp. I'll add you to the front page.

I'm starting to think I might have ovulated on Saturday night. Looking at my opks, they get darker and then peak on Saturday and then get lighter. Now they're blank and my ewcm is gone. I didn't get a positive opk but I wonder if I wouldhave if I tested sat night :shrug:
I just want to know what's going on with my body!!!

Melissa - That happens to me! When I get close to the time I expect to OV (OPK fade-in), I will start testing 2x/day. It has happened where it is neg in the am and pos in the pm. Then I have also had months where I get a strong pos for 2 straight days in a row. :shrug: But as soon as I get some colour on the OPKs, I start 2x/day! xx

Well that's reassuring that I might have ovulated!!

I would have taken a test at night but I was out with friends

Ya I guess in a week or so I'll know for sure!!
I really hope I ovulated

It's bound to be very soon now that you're done bf'ing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->