Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

I'd wait two more days then test again if nothing Jellybean, have you ever temped? You could do that to see if they are high enough to reflect post ov temps to?

No, never temped, the thing is, I'm still waiting on AF and I dunno if this is just her coming back or if I've missed her alltogether and caught!?

I have no idea how to temp lol, might give it a google tomorrow and see if I can work it out!!

JellyBeann - I had very very strong pregnancy symptoms in the few months before AF came back. I was so sure that I must be pregnant because I felt exactly the same as I did when I was pregnant on Thomas. I wasn't pregnant so I reached the conclusion that it must be just a side effect of the hormones rebalancing as fertility begins to return. The reason that I started temperature charting again was because I was driving myself mad thinking that I was pregnant and I hadn't even ovulated yet.

Fingers crossed your symptoms are the precursor of a BFP - but if not I think they are definitely a good sign that there is something going on hormonally so at least you should soon get AF back and be able to properly TTC.

I temped right from my first period after giving birth but I did a few random opks before and just happened to get a positive right before my first flow sadly I only had like a 4 day lp.

I'm in the tww now so I hope and pray pray pray that the witch doesn't show for at least 10 days or for 9 months but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Is your LP gradually getting longer? Mine got a bit longer, but never longer than 8 days. Unless I had an anomaly LP the month I got my BFP that is! But I started spotting at what would have been an 8 day LP and bleeding the next day. I don't know if I implanted early so I lucked out with my short LP or just lucked out with a longer one that month.

I had an ok lp in the beginning, first one was 4 days, then 10 then 13 then 10 then 5 then I bled two weeks after my last flow not even ovulating. I ovulated early this morning but I can already feel af coming. I just hope if she shows that she does it tonight so that come possible implantation time my lining won't be shedding and I'll have a shot. I am taking motilium for my milk supply and I think thats whats messing me up since it all started about the time when I started taking that, problem is I can't stop taking it cause Skyler won't take a bottle nor is he very good at his sippy cup yet so he wouldn't be getting very much BM. I think I'll have to make a decision though if the witch shows in the next couple of days. I've been thinking about just mixing the frozen stuff with his food so he still gets it and I can stop the meds.

Well I just checked my cervix and it's WIDE open and I can see what looks like browny blood which means I am right and the witch should be here any day never mind that I am going to be 1dpo tomorrow. So I'll be praying she shows tonight or tomorrow.

I couldn't get Bun to take a bottle either. Actually I did when he was very young (4-6 weeks) and I started freezing BM, but once I realized that he refused to drink thawed BM (mine gets really funky once it's frozen and thawed) then I got lazy about giving him the bottle. Then a few months later when I tried again he wouldn't take one at all.

If you can get him to take a bottle, will you pump or use the frozen BM + formula top-up? Hope you can get him to take a bottle - sounds like the meds are doing crazy things to your cycles! :hugs: Are there any other side effects?

Well I just checked my cervix and it's WIDE open and I can see what looks like browny blood which means I am right and the witch should be here any day never mind that I am going to be 1dpo tomorrow. So I'll be praying she shows tonight or tomorrow.

OK that is officially the shortest LP ever?? Are you still getting pos OPKs today? Crazy! x

I got a positive yesterday at 230pm and at 7pm then neg today. I know I o'd I felt it sometime between 1-2am. My last cycle was 14 days long though so if this cycle follows suit then the witch should show tomorrow. I am hoping that I can still implant though as my cycle lasts 2.5-3 days and implantation doesn't occur that soon. I am going to the doc tomorrow to get my progesterone checked since i know I o'd I should go 7 days after. It's frustrating. If she does show tomorrow then I am stopping the motilium and starting the vitex. Skyler will just have to get his BM through cereals and such. I mean I'll still have enough BM to feed him he just won't get as much. I can't be bleeding every 15 days! Thats dumb. Hopefully the doc will just take my word for it in terms of the short lp and will give me the progesterone prescription.

Skyler has no issues with the frozen BM it's strictly a bottle thing, I put his fav juice in a bottle yesterday and he wouldn't take it.

That is really annoying that the meds cause such crazy cycles! :wacko: Bun never did take a bottle, but he does drink from a sippy cup now. It took him forever though.
My friends LO is only 9 months and drinks pretty well from a straw cup.
But I really hope you find something that works so you don't have lame 15 day cycles!! :hugs:

We're working on a straw cup now the funny thing is he can drink from a regular straw but not so well from the sippy cup ones. I'm going to work extra hard at it in the coming weeks though. With my frozen BM I can likely get a few weeks out of it mixing it in cereal then I'll have to go to formula. My MIL said all three of her boys were off BM at 6 months due to self weaning and she never used formula. I would only be worried that he wasn't getting enough liquids. I may even try cup feeding him some BM.

JellyBeann - I had very very strong pregnancy symptoms in the few months before AF came back. I was so sure that I must be pregnant because I felt exactly the same as I did when I was pregnant on Thomas. I wasn't pregnant so I reached the conclusion that it must be just a side effect of the hormones rebalancing as fertility begins to return. The reason that I started temperature charting again was because I was driving myself mad thinking that I was pregnant and I hadn't even ovulated yet.

Fingers crossed your symptoms are the precursor of a BFP - but if not I think they are definitely a good sign that there is something going on hormonally so at least you should soon get AF back and be able to properly TTC.

I'll be so happy either way, no matter if it is a negative on the pregnancy but AF coming back, I NEVER thought I'd be wanting her back,. but here i am either hoping for a pg or AF!!

I'll be so happy either way, no matter if it is a negative on the pregnancy but AF coming back, I NEVER thought I'd be wanting her back,. but here i am either hoping for a pg or AF!!

I know exactly what you mean! I totally never thought I would actually want to see AF but I was SO delighted when she finally showed up!

I was the same! My AF was so awful and was just as bad post-Bun, but I was still celebrating her return!! xx

No AF for me yet I thought she would show today I guess time will tell.

Ahhh I still haven't had my first AF and I'm done BFing now!!
Well I think I'm either 13 or 14 dpo. If AF doesn't show up tomorrow morning then I'll test again but I'm starting to think I didn't really ovulate :( unless I've just been blessed enough to have a long LP right away. Doubt it. Even before Alia it was 11 to 12 days.

ya maybe tomorrow it was too wet and windy to go get it today

Melissa_M - I don't know where you are, but the weather here was nasty today! Crappy, rainy, plus snow and hail! UGH! Where is spring?

Edit: Actually I do know - Kingston, right?? Or am I remembering wrong? Regardless - BAD weather!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->