Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Guys my areola have changed colour. They've gone a muddly brown. I'm trying not to sympton spot but the only time my boobs have been this colour was when I was pregnant.
oooh...good luck! cant wait until you test! :)

I took a test today just in case, since I haven't got my period yet. BFN - which I completely expected since I don't think I've ovulated yet and we're "pulling out"....but still, I was a little disappointed!

im the same way...even the months when i really didnt feel like it was my month, it was still disappointing to see the BFN. guess i always hoped to be happily surprised... im not sure im ovulating either, but i tested last month really hoping to get the BFP. hopefully next month is luckier for all of us! :D

Hey Melissa, I did the same the other day-test was dud so didn't get a bfp staring at me, but it gave me a wake up call as in don't be so silly :(

Melissa why are you guys "pulling out?"

My AF is due 6th Feb so I'm going to try not to test before then.

Symptom spotting: muddy brown areola, tingling boobs, exhausted (moreso than usual), very, very hungry (moreso than usual).

It would be bloody wishful thinking getting a BFP on the first cycle! Maybe I'm kidding myself?

Symptom spotting: muddy brown areola, tingling boobs, exhausted (moreso than usual), very, very hungry (moreso than usual).

It would be bloody wishful thinking getting a BFP on the first cycle! Maybe I'm kidding myself?

that does sound promising - good luck!

that does sound promising - good luck!

Thanks chick :hugs: Should I be getting symptoms so soon? I'm pretty sure I ovulated on Jan 19th.

I had sore boobs and weird dreams with my first pregnancy and they showed about a week before AF was due so why not

crossroads - we've been doing the pulling out method because I had a c-section and you're supposed to wait at least 6 months before ttc again or else there could be complications.

crossroads - we've been doing the pulling out method because I had a c-section and you're supposed to wait at least 6 months before ttc again or else there could be complications.

Ahhh I see. Well you're almost there! :thumbup:

i had no idea that there was a 6 month wait after a c-section. i guess that it must have been pretty harsh on your system though...no wonder they want you to give it a little time to recover!

youre almost there though...only about a week and a half or so left now! :D

I had a c section too but was told I could start trying if I wanted to after my 6 week check!! Weird how we are all told different things.
X x

I had a c section too but was told I could start trying if I wanted to after my 6 week check!! Weird how we are all told different things.
X x

i had no idea that there was a 6 month wait after a c-section. i guess that it must have been pretty harsh on your system though...no wonder they want you to give it a little time to recover!

youre almost there though...only about a week and a half or so left now! :D

All of the ladies i know in the States had to wait 1 year after a c-section but im sure its different for everyone...they probably just dont want to risk uterine repture.

I actually wasn't told to wait 6 months...I just found out on here!!! haha
I'm pretty configent that my uterus healed really well though, so I could probably start trying right now. DH and I both want to wait till April to start TTC anyway because we want a January or February 2012 baby ;) So hopefully I get my period back before then!

can i ask why the january or february wish? i personally think that would be nice as well...mostly because being big pregnant throughout the summer last time was pretty rough at times! lol

Well I wanted to wait at least 6 months just for a bit of an age gap between the two babies, so then if we started trying mid february we might get a December baby, and I would rather not have any of my kid's birthdays close to Christmas....because they're the youngest of all their school friends and Christmas usually overpowers december b-days. So we're aiming for beginnning of 2012 :)

Alia is talking away to me in the jolly juimper as i type on here so it's a little hard to concentrate haha

i see. sounds like good reasoning to me! i know a lady whose birthday is december 27th. growing up i always thought that must be a let down in a way because her birthday party inevitably got rolled up into the family's christmas party. she loved it though, and she ended up getting married on christmas eve too. so, in the course of 1 week, it was christmas, her birthday, her anniversary and new years. crazy. i like having a bit of a gap between major yearly holiday...makes it easier to save up for the next big gift you have to buy! lol

My son was born the first week of Feb (2010) and I love that time of year! Far enough away from Christmas that the rush and chaos is over, he'll be one of the older ones in school, etc. I didn't always like being 8-9 months pregnant in the dead of winter though because it was just too many layers to put on!! haha If DH can knock me up in the next month or two (haha sorry that sounds kind of funny!) then I like the idea of an October/November baby but I don't really want a December baby. That being said, because breastfeeding is giving me somewhat irregular cycles, I'm not going to be too picky and not try for a month because what if that's my lucky month? haha A BFP is a BFP and I'll be excited to get it anytime. :D

i see. sounds like good reasoning to me! i know a lady whose birthday is december 27th. growing up i always thought that must be a let down in a way because her birthday party inevitably got rolled up into the family's christmas party. she loved it though, and she ended up getting married on christmas eve too. so, in the course of 1 week, it was christmas, her birthday, her anniversary and new years. crazy. i like having a bit of a gap between major yearly holiday...makes it easier to save up for the next big gift you have to buy! lol

My parents got married on Christmas Eve and to this day I nearly always forget their anniversary!! :dohh:

I am with you lucylu! I'll take a bfp whenever I can, although I won't be disappointed if I don't conceive the month where the baby would be due in dec. I preferred being preggo in the summer and I wouldn't mind a may baby or further along but at the same time I don't want to wait that long! If I get preggo this cycle I'll be due end of oct beginning on Nov and thats fine by me!

My parents got married on Christmas Eve and to this day I nearly always forget their anniversary!! :dohh:

too funny! its just a crazy time of year for everyone with all the holidays...theres no way we can be expected to keep up with birthdays and anniversaries around that time of year too! ;)

i think a february baby might be quite nice. and luckily i live in hawaii, so the layers thing isnt too much of a problem ;)

I am with you lucylu! I'll take a bfp whenever I can, although I won't be disappointed if I don't conceive the month where the baby would be due in dec. I preferred being preggo in the summer and I wouldn't mind a may baby or further along but at the same time I don't want to wait that long! If I get preggo this cycle I'll be due end of oct beginning on Nov and thats fine by me!

may babies are great! though...i might be biased since i am one ;) i still think you should go ahead and conceive this cycle and just be two weeks late.. 11.11.11!! alright alright, i know you already said it was highly unlikely, but im in denial over it :D

I'll take it! But will my hubbys sperm think that same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->